We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: AMDbuilder at Dec 17, 2012, 03:25 AM
    This just seams weird to me, anyone else?

Did you by chance wind up on the old testing site? That is definitely not right, or how it appears here logged in or logged out …

[ed. note: rethrash last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
    • Quote from: bobwal at Dec 17, 2012, 12:58 PM
      I feel there is some crossover between sections … There are Revo specific support requests in "General Support" and vice versa for example. If this could be clarified I think it would really help with navigating the forums and knowing the appropriate place for your post.

Totally agree. The plan is to parse through the last few months in General Support section, move them to the right spot, and then archive the rest. Almost 8 years of legacy will do that to you, sometimes. tongue
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • May I ask what happened to the old Cloud Beta forum? I went looking for something I had seen there and could only locate the new forum with just a few new threads.
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • The Cloud Beta Forum is in the Archive Category. Shoot me a PM if you can't see it please. Thanks!
          • Found it. It must have been a little broken when I looked because that archive forum went to the new forum. It was a few days ago. Probably should have checked again before I asked.

Thank you Ryan! Seriously, the forum improvements are awesome, and I for one appreciate the attention you all have given the forums, and all the work that has been done recently.
              Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
              "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
              Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • I'm logged in on the live forums, granted I am using chrome which could be the problem...

Quote from: rethrash at Dec 17, 2012, 02:09 PM
              Quote from: AMDbuilder at Dec 17, 2012, 03:25 AM
              This just seams weird to me, anyone else?

Did you by chance wind up on the old testing site? That is definitely not right, or how it appears here logged in or logged out …

Patrick | Server Wrangler
                About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                • 338 Posts
                In the recent reorganisation a lot of boards and posts seem to have been chopped, some quite useful eg. "Forums MODX Around the World" -> "Meet-ups & Events"

Is this deliberate?

Wouldn't it make the Ambassadors jobs easier if they could organise meet ups via the Modx Forums?

Mike
                • There will be a lot happening in the coming weeks with Ambassadors.

However, how is having Meet-ups & Events as a subtopic of MODX Around the World detrimental to organizing said meet-ups and events? (And maybe I'm not following what you meant by "chopped"?)
                    • 338 Posts
                    Quote from: rethrash at Jan 03, 2013, 03:00 PM
                    (And maybe I'm not following what you meant by "chopped"?)

What I mean is if I go to forums.modx.com I can't get to "Meet-ups & Events" or "MODX Around the World" they don't seem to be there any more.

I can get to them from a notification email if a thread I have previously subscribed to is added to, but not straight from forums.modx.com.

Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
                    Mike
                    • Quote from: thingstodo at Jan 03, 2013, 03:24 PM

Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

All the way under the Add-ons section.

I'm personally thinking it would make sense to bring it up a bit again, back in the "General" category, considering it's so important, even for people that don't take part in the various international communities under "MODX Around the World".
                        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.