We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • What if we took it a few steps simpler and more direct:

Single Category: Products

• Revo Support & Discussions (with version-specific support as sub-topics)
    • Revo Development
    • Evo Support & Discussions (with version-specific support as sub-topics)
    • Evo Development
    • MODX Cloud
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
    • New utility: "flag as spam".

If a post has been flagged more than X times, it automatically removed from list. In the back-end, moderator have privilege to unflag the post or delete it from database.

This how community fight against spam and lighten moderator's works. A current "report" utility still need moderator to take an action.
        zaenal.lokamaya
      • Completely agree - need a spam reporter/filter.
          GEL STUDIOS
          MODX Professional | MODX Ambassador

Website | Email | Twitter | Facebook
        • Quote from: gelstudios at Dec 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
          Completely agree - need a spam reporter/filter.

If you hover over a post (which is obviously an issue on mobile/tablet, but that'll be sorted out when we push responsive) you'll find the "Report" link. Clicking that and submitting the form will notify the mods/admins about the post.

I do like the idea of hiding posts that were marked as spam X times, but that needs some more thought to prevent abusing it to get rid of posts someone simply doesn't agree with.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 534 Posts
            It's not actually a cleaning up request, but I would like to have (in profile settings) the option to specify the number of posts that is shown on one page (maybe with a limit of 999) =)...

and also it would be nice to fix that "bug" that when you have set "show most recent post on top" (also profile settings) to "yes" then you're taken to the last page by rss links...doesn't make sense =) [ed. note: exside last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]
            • Another "not a cleaning up request" but a question as to why searches show the oldest posts possible first.

6 year old posts really should be the last ones listed, no?

A google search option would be nice as well. In addition to the forum search. For convenience sake.

One feature I miss on any forum that doesn't have it enabled is a hover tooltip that displays the first part of the post in the list view. That would be very helpful for previewing posts.

Additionally, I continue to be curious about all the other language forum topics that show up in unread posts but I can't possibly translate them all. With so much of the MODX community in Europe, I feel that those of us who only speak English lose out on quite likely, some very valuable information. Sometimes I take a moment to translate a post title, but not very often.

I realize there's a lot that would go into translating and we can't have automatic translation. But the posts remain in the list unless you view them individually. Would it be possible to enable a "mark as read" in the list view? At least then they could be cleared from the list view quickly without having to open each post.
                Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
              • Quote from: frogabog at Dec 12, 2012, 07:22 PM
                Additionally, I continue to be curious about all the other language forum topics that show up in unread posts but I can't possibly translate them all. With so much of the MODX community in Europe, I feel that those of us who only speak English lose out on quite likely, some very valuable information. Sometimes I take a moment to translate a post title, but not very often.

I realize there's a lot that would go into translating and we can't have automatic translation. But the posts remain in the list unless you view them individually. Would it be possible to enable a "mark as read" in the list view? At least then they could be cleared from the list view quickly without having to open each post.

You can choose to ignore other boards by default: http://forums.modx.com/user/ignoreboards
                There's also a "Mark all read" button in the unread posts list, right? Isn't that what you are describing, or are we talking about a different view?
                  Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                • Quote from: markh at Dec 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
                  I do like the idea of hiding posts that were marked as spam X times, but that needs some more thought to prevent abusing it to get rid of posts someone simply doesn't agree with.

If you limit users to reporting a post as spam only once, and require say 5 different forum users to report a post before removing it, you should be fine I would think.
                    Patrick | Server Wrangler
                    About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                    • 265 Posts
                    Not a "clean-up" please, but something i'm noticing. The unread replies button often remains on 0 while just now i had three unread replies. I noticed because i did get the notification e-mail.
                    • Quote from: markh at Dec 12, 2012, 07:52 PM

You can choose to ignore other boards by default: http://forums.modx.com/user/ignoreboards
                      There's also a "Mark all read" button in the unread posts list, right? Isn't that what you are describing, or are we talking about a different view?

I don't want to mark all posts at once as read, just single threads.

I will look for the ignore option, thanks.
                        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster