We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    I've used the Analytics Dashboard widget successfully on many other sites, however can't get it working on a site I just pushed live today.

What's strange is that when I click on the "Click here to authenticate through Google" link, I get the malformed error request saying:

The site "http://org.au" has not been registered

Kind of weird. The URL string looks ok though - it has the proper URL with the first letter capitalized. Anyone else seeing anything like this?
    • Hi,
      Today I have some time to play with this package to add a little widget to default dashboard, and the result is pretty neat.
      To anyone who has circumstances installing this package, below are my settings and notes:

1. Install analytics dashboard widget package
      2. Config your system settings: filter out analytics. Enter neccessary settings:
      - the analytics_accountId: UA-[xxxxxxxx]-1 (only the number inside the square brackets)
      - The profileID under: Admin>Profile name>Profile Settings>Profile ID: ga:xxxxxxxx (suffix the ga:)
      - The analytics_sessionToken: to get this, first add your domain by visiting this link: https://accounts.google.com/ManageDomains

Add new domain, make sure the Target URL path prefix is http://www.yoursite.com/manager/index.php (or your customed path to modx manager). After adding the domain, you should get:

OAuth Consumer Key: www.yoursite.com
      OAuth Consumer Secret: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- analytics_sitename: www.yoursite.com
      - analytics_webPropertyId: UA-273xxxxx-1

3. Note: when you click the link inside the widget to authorize, in some cases you have to lowercase Yoursite.com to yoursite.com (I met the same problem, so maybe google fixed it after the latest update of this package.)

4. Add google analytics widget to default dashboard: Click on Dashboard and config the default dashboard, add the google analytics widget, drag and sort it the way you want.

That's how I made the package worked. Hope it will solve your problem.
      • Thanks for the detailed howto (Y)
          Sterc Internet & Marketing | MODX Founding Partner | Chairman of the MODX Advisory Board

In need of a MODX consult? Try our MODX Developers Experts!
        • For me, running MODX Revo + the GA Package on a subdomain, the CAPITALIZE trick is what worked. In my case, the subdomain was already capitalized, so I simply copy/pasted the link from the Dashboard widget and also capitalized the initial letter of the primary domain, then the automated authentication process worked!

I did not have to manually adjust any settings, etc. outside of selecting the correct website profile once authenticated.
            Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
            MODx Ambassador / Contributor
            [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
            Hi all,

i have been trying to install the extra for about couple hours and I have no luck. My site runs on REVO 2.2.8 and the extra package that I found trough the package management is 1.0.1. All install works fine, I add the widget to dashboard, click on the link, but after logging into the google I get a message

Error authenticating with Google.

This message is displayed back on the MODx site.

I also tried configure the extra though setting, but unsuccessfully.

When I try BigBrother, the authentication works fine.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have that could help smiley

Best,
            Martin
              • 47 Posts
              Because the explanation by nephus above has saved my bacon more than once, I share the following update. In the new dashboard I've just had rolled out to one of my accounts (Universal Analytics update?) the following changes:

The profileID under: Admin>Profile name>Profile Settings>Profile ID: ga:xxxxxxxx (suffix the ga:)

to being under Admin>Account>Property>View>View Settings>View ID: xxxxxxxx

Thanks again for sharing such detailed instructions nephus!
                • 223 Posts
                Thanks for all the help, guys. Unfortunately, this link doesn't work for me for getting the "sessionToken" - https://accounts.google.com/ManageDomains

Any thoughts there?
                  Nick Hoag
                  Creative Partner
                  The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
                  • 47 Posts
                  nickff: give it a shot without populating that field.

I'm pretty sure I found that filled itself in once I went through the built-in Google permission request. It's possible that sets the domain management via the API it uses to talk to Analytics. [ed. note: jcdm last edited this post 10 years, 2 months ago.]
                    • 1 Posts
                    Is it possible that the plugin don't support oAuth2 ? It's not possible to authorize my website correctly. I'm pretty sure that the analytics settings in modx 2.2.11-pl are correct.
                    The plugin returns this error: Error authenticating with Google.

I've installed the 1.0.1-pl version of Google Analytics Dashboard Widget.

Someone have any ideas?
                      • 1 Posts
                      Same issue as have plexian.
                      The OAuth 2.0 must have https requests and key pairs to establish connection.

Or I must dig into another way to find what cause the 'Error authenticating with Google'