We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • During the package installation it (should have) mentioned that you have to add it to your dashboard. You can do this through the Dashboard -> Dashboards menu item.
      Sterc Internet & Marketing | MODX Founding Partner | Chairman of the MODX Advisory Board

In need of a MODX consult? Try our MODX Developers Experts!
      • 834 Posts
      GP,

well yeh it did but there's no explanation as to how to do that.

Sorry if I'm missing anything here, but I've no idea what that even means.

When I click on Dashboard there's just the usual Modx feeds and recently edited resources list.

Is there a hidden configuration setting somewhere?

Content Creator and Copywriter
      • No you're doing it wrong.

1. Hover over 'Dashboard'
        2. Click the submenu 'Dashboards'
        3. Create a new dashboard or update your 'default' dashboard
        4. Right click on the dashboard -> Update dashboard
        5. Place widget
        6. Select Google analytics, save it, go back to the main menu item 'dashboard' and you're done.
          Sterc Internet & Marketing | MODX Founding Partner | Chairman of the MODX Advisory Board

In need of a MODX consult? Try our MODX Developers Experts!
          • 834 Posts
          Well I'll be,

didn't even know this section existed, learning all the time.

HOWEVER, there is no option to select Google Analytics from the Widget drop down menu.

As I said earlier I don;t think it installed properly.

When I go back to Package Management I can't see it in the list of downloaded extras, but if I go to Download Extras it shows as having already been downloaded.

Something weird's going on.

• 834 Posts
            OK,

had to log out, give clout and then log back in again to make it appear.

Who knew? (lol)

Now back to the system settings. Stay tooned.

• 834 Posts
              Ok,

next question,

I got it working in the default dashboard but it kinda blew out the layout so I put it in a separate dashboard by itself.

Only problem is there doesn't seem to be anyway to call up and display any extra dashboards.

Should there be list of dashboards somewhere that I can choose from to view?

• 370 Posts
                Mark,
                when you hover over the button 'Dashboard' do you get a drop down that says 'Manage all dashboards' ? thats where you manage your different dashboards

Rdg
                  • 834 Posts
                  Yeh I get that, and I can see the new dashboard listed, but I can't view it.

I can update it, I just can't view it.

I'm assuming there must be some way to view any new dashboards that get created?
                    • 436 Posts
                    Quote from: markg at Mar 12, 2013, 10:24 AM
                    Only problem is there doesn't seem to be anyway to call up and display any extra dashboards.

Should there be list of dashboards somewhere that I can choose from to view?

That got me the first time too.

You have to go to Security--->>Access Controls--->>User Groups

Right click on the user group (e.g. Administrator) and select 'Update User Group'

In the 'General Information' tab, on the right hand side, there's the Dashboard selector drop down.
                      • 834 Posts
                      Thanks Dan, OK,

now it appears but I'm getting the same Could Not Connect to Google error from the start of this thread.

I'm using version 1.01 on Revo 2.2.6.

Will have to have another look at it in the morning.