We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 39 Posts
    mySQL 4.1.11
    PHP 4

Is there a minimum requirement for mySQL or PHP?
      perusing forums is where my comp sci degree got me.
    • Quote from: v2theg at May 04, 2010, 02:53 PM

mySQL 4.1.11
      PHP 4

Is there a minimum requirement for mySQL or PHP?

This was developed using PHP 5 and MySQL 5. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the experience of PHP 4 or MySQL 4.

I would highly recommend updating if that is an option for you. Unfortunately, your current version of MySQL does not agree with some of the required SQL of the installer.
        Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
        MODx Ambassador / Contributor
        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
        Quote from: pixelchutes at May 04, 2010, 03:06 PM

This was developed using PHP 5 and MySQL 5. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the experience of PHP 4 or MySQL 4.

I would highly recommend updating if that is an option for you. Unfortunately, your current version of MySQL does not agree with some of the required SQL of the installer.

Thanks for the quick response. Is this something that I could use to attach MP3 files to documents and display links to documents on the page? Is it also possible to use this as a way to create RSS Feed of posts from ditto and have audio files show up in the RSS like Podcasting plugins for Wordpress? I don’t want to go into all the trouble of upgrading and getting it installed if it doesn’t do what I need. Is there any more info on how this works?
          perusing forums is where my comp sci degree got me.
        • Yes, provided you have an FTP access to where your MP3 files are stored, you can retrieve a directory listing of the MP3 files to import to MultiMedia Manager. From there, you can great groups / subsets of those media references, and output into a player on your page. By running in playlist mode, you can have access to a dynamic XML feed of the defined playlist items (MP3s, etc) to use however you’d like. If you did not want to use an embedded player, you could use FeedX to consume the XML and stylize however you’d like, or you could run in Individual mode (no XML), and style using the individual chunk, etc.

Unfortunately, there is currently no built out documentation involving all of the features or different use cases for MultiMedia Manager. The first page of this thread contains the most in-depth overview currently available.

[Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
            Does not show FLV Video when trying to use with JW Player 5.6 (licensed) - just keeps loading endlessly.

Version 4.6 works fine though smiley
            • Quote from: jas at Jun 10, 2010, 05:55 PM

Does not show FLV Video when trying to use with JW Player 5.6 (licensed) - just keeps loading endlessly.

Jas,

Current build has been targeted for the 4.x branch. Did not think they were to v5.6 yet, as I believe they JUST released v5.2.

I will be doing some tests with v5.2 myself later this month, but all of the video meta data should be available to you to get it working under 5.x.
              All you should have to do is update the MultiMedia chunk templates (multimedia_individual_js_tpl and multimedia_playlsit_js_tpl) to change the JavaScript and Flash parameters, as necessary. Any required XML changes (for Playlists) can also be achieved by editing the chunk templates (multimedia_playlist_rtmp_tpl, etc)
              • Quote from: pixelchutes at Jun 10, 2010, 06:12 PM

Quote from: jas at Jun 10, 2010, 05:55 PM

Jas,

Current build has been targeted for the 4.x branch. Did not think they were to v5.6 yet, as I believe they JUST released v5.2.

I will be doing some tests with v5.2 myself later this month, but all of the video meta data should be available to you to get it working under 5.x.
                All you should have to do is update the MultiMedia chunk templates (multimedia_individual_js_tpl and multimedia_playlsit_js_tpl) to change the JavaScript and Flash parameters, as necessary. Any required XML changes (for Playlists) can also be achieved by editing the chunk templates (multimedia_playlist_rtmp_tpl, etc)

Further, you should be able to change the templates to work with other players as well, such as Flowplayer.

Did you know that you can set a chunk property when editing a multimedia group’s items that will override the default template for that entry? (when in Individual mode)

Paste the following into the JSON section under "Properties"
                {"chunk":"alternate_template_chunk"}

Then duplicate multimedia_individual_js_tpl and rename it to match. This gives you custom display control per media file cool
                  Hey thanks for the great work done here.
                  I’m using JW Player 4.7
                  I can not get the playlist to work at all...does not play anything.

Looks like the Multimedia XML file is not being written to? (id=47)
                  I get error #2032. Stream Error. URL: http://localhost/modx/index.php?id=47?group_id=1
                  using Chrome.

The individual works great though.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get the playlist working?
                    • 358 Posts
                    What about 1.0.4 compatibility?
                      • 11 Posts
                      @pixechutes: Thanks a lot!! For me it’s ok if at least JWPlayer 4.6 is supported because thats the oldest version that Longtail offers in its licensed player download list. But I will surely try your suggestions in upcoming projects!

However there is a problem that keeps bugging me:

I just cannot manage to get a quicktime movie (.mov) to play. I took exactly the same steps as with the flash movie - the player loads as it should but when I click play it just keeps loading forever. It’s a 360 panorama view rather than a self playing movie in case that is of importance.

I’m no fan of qt whatsoever but unfortunately I must get this to work... :’(

PS: I also tried to convert it into flv but the quality is just terrible and and the resulting movie is running way too fast...it shows the 360 degrees within 2 seconds or so undecided So i guess I MUST get this qt thing to work somehow...