We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 358 Posts
    jas: Have you tried FormatFactory for converting???
      • 11 Posts
      No I haven’t..will try that later in Win. Would be great if it works.

In the meantime I’d be happy for further advice on how to get Qt running!!
        • 44 Posts
        This is awesome - solved my problem for a better way to manage videos

Does anyone know of a solution like this with Revo ? I heard a rumor something like this was built it ?
        • Quote from: jas at Jun 18, 2010, 09:26 AM

I just cannot manage to get a quicktime movie (.mov) to play. I took exactly the same steps as with the flash movie - the player loads as it should but when I click play it just keeps loading forever.
          I’m no fan of qt whatsoever but unfortunately I must get this to work... :’(

PS: I also tried to convert it into flv but the quality is just terrible and and the resulting movie is running way too fast...it shows the 360 degrees within 2 seconds or so undecided So i guess I MUST get this qt thing to work somehow...

@jas,

Unfortunately .mov files are not supported. JWPlayer does offer support for H.264 encoded .mp4 files (and of course .flv) -- I would suggest using a player that supports FLV playback on your machine (such as VLC Player http://videolan.org) to test that your FLV conversion is working as expected, then you should be able to upload to your media server and integrate with MultiMedia Manager. You may need to tweak your compression/resolution settings to get it to work as expected once streaming online, so be sure to keep your audience in mind when defining your compression bitrate/resolution, etc.
            Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
            MODx Ambassador / Contributor
            [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
          • Quote from: JNet at Jun 20, 2010, 04:17 PM

This is awesome - solved my problem for a better way to manage videos

Does anyone know of a solution like this with Revo ? I heard a rumor something like this was built it ?

There will come a time--I’m sure post-RC status--when I convert this bad boy for Revo compatibility. However, given Revo’s new architecture it very well may be recreated from scratch, of course keeping the current feature set (and any new additions) in mind.
              [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
            • Quote from: labasus at Jun 18, 2010, 05:36 AM

What about 1.0.4 compatibility?

@labasus, Have you tried it on v1.0.4? I have no reason to believe that it would no longer be compatible with this version.

Update: I have tested MMM to work as expected under Evo 1.0.4. It’s working great!
                Hi,

I have a questions:
                Is it possible to import files recursively for exmaple in I heva assets/media/video and assets/media/mp3 and so on... even deeper.
                If it is possible please help.

Best regards for your work,

Maciej Adamczewski
                • Quote from: zapalniczek at Aug 07, 2010, 03:13 PM

Is it possible to import files recursively for exmaple in I heva assets/media/video and assets/media/mp3 and so on... even deeper.

At this time this feature is not available, but technically speaking could be possible.
                    Hi,

I wonder if you could help me get the paths correct for importing media as i have a blank screen when i go to import and so am assuming it’s to do with my paths in the database.
                    I have attached a screenshot of the settings i have in multimedia_sources table (using MAMP locally)...

Thanks for any help

J
                      www.9thwave.co.uk
                         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                    • @janice171,

Your "connect_directory" looks like you’re entering an absolute path, only it appears to be missing the leading "/".
                      Also, the "server_streamer" becomes part of the final HTTP URL for your media, so you can change that value to just "/assets" (assuming your MODx instance is installed at the root "/"). Otherwise, it’s "/your_modx_root/assets"