We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    trying to run the installer, I’m getting this:
    nstall results

Setup will now attempt to setup the database:

Creating connection to the database: OK!

Selecting database ``: Database selection failed...The database does not exist. Setup will attempt to create it.

Creating database ``: Database creation failed! - Setup could not create the database!

database charset = database collation =
    Setup could not create the database, and no existing database with the same name was found. It is likely that your hosting provider’s security does not allow external scripts to create a database. Please create a database according to your hosting provider’s procedure, and run Setup again.

am I missing something?
    • Quote from: mmjaeger at Dec 02, 2009, 04:01 PM

Selecting database ``: Database selection failed...The database does not exist. Setup will attempt to create it.

Creating database ``: Database creation failed! - Setup could not create the database!

am I missing something?

Odd...I have not come across that before? I would completely remove the "/install" folder, start a fresh browser session, and extract the installer and try again. This requires and already active MODx site as it leverages the existing database configuration file.

"Selecting database ``" appears to me that it is having trouble reading the configuration file (permissions?) or that it does not exist?

What version of MODx is installed on the site you’re running this installer against?
        Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
        MODx Ambassador / Contributor
        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
        Quote from: pixelchutes at Dec 03, 2009, 03:34 AM

Quote from: mmjaeger at Dec 02, 2009, 04:01 PM

am I missing something?

Odd...I have not come across that before? I would completely remove the "/install" folder, start a fresh browser session, and extract the installer and try again. This requires and already active MODx site as it leverages the existing database configuration file.

"Selecting database ``" appears to me that it is having trouble reading the configuration file (permissions?) or that it does not exist?

What version of MODx is installed on the site you’re running this installer against?

latest Evo 1.0.2 on a clean install - I’ll give it another try but I don’t think it’s going to make any difference.
          • 16 Posts
          I really love this plugin, thanks for it. What are your ideas of making an upload button, next to the import function? Since you already have the FTP connection settings, it wouldn’t be so hard to create. I guess you’ve left it out on purpose, why exactly?
          • Quote from: boudie at Dec 12, 2009, 10:02 AM

I really love this plugin, thanks for it. What are your ideas of making an upload button, next to the import function? Since you already have the FTP connection settings, it wouldn’t be so hard to create. I guess you’ve left it out on purpose, why exactly?

Boudie,

It does seem a bit backwards that external support was added before local support. (e.g. Upload, /assets/media, etc). Working almost exclusively with externally hosted CDNs gave "external support" the priority smiley I too would love to see some new features like Upload support and Source management built in. It probably shouldn’t be too difficult to add another tab for these sections, or possibly as you stated, next to the Import button.
              [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
              Hi,
              It seams to be a grate tool !
              @pixelchutes: Thank YOU !

I’ve just installed MMM on a new Evo 1.02 and got this message, (when trying to run module):
              "To run correctly, please invoke when editing a Resource."

Any suggestions on this?

luke
                Lucas from AroundCyprus.net
              • Quote from: lx at Mar 12, 2010, 01:52 PM

Hi,
                It seams to be a grate tool !
                @pixelchutes: Thank YOU !

I’ve just installed MMM on a new Evo 1.02 and got this message, (when trying to run module):
                "To run correctly, please invoke when editing a Resource."

Any suggestions on this?

luke

This is how it’s supposed to work. When you edit a page (resource), you’ll see the control for MMM there, not in the Module.
                  • 221 Posts
                  That’s funny,
                  I haven’t notice that laugh
                  Thanks,
                  luke
                    • 221 Posts
                    Hi,
                    I’m getting to some more serious problems now wink.

When i click on Manage MultiMedia I get this error:
                    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ’}’ in /users/chlebznieba/www/chlebznieba.website.pl/assets/modules/multimedia_manager/templates/templates.inc.php on line 17.

There was no problem with installing this module, so I assume all server parameters are OK.
                    I’m running Evo 1.02 on Appache server, PHP 4.4.7 and MySQL 5.0.75

Would be greatfull for your insight.
                    • Quote from: lx at Mar 12, 2010, 04:37 PM

I’m running Evo 1.02 on Appache server, PHP 4.4.7 and MySQL 5.0.75

I developed this module/plugin exclusively on PHP 5. I have not tested its backward compatibility on the PHP 4 branch. Has anyone else been successful running MultiMedia Manager on Evo 1.0.2 and PHP 4.x?

Is upgrading to PHP 5+ an option for you on your server?