We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 741 Posts
    How does the JW Player look like when you use it to display a folder of mp3’s?
      with regards,

Ronald Lokers
      'Front-end developer' @ h2o Media

• 221 Posts
      Quote from: pixelchutes at Mar 15, 2010, 12:25 AM

Is upgrading to PHP 5+ an option for you on your server?

Oh, Yes, I’ve upgradet to PHP 5.2.2 and managed to start MMM. The problems that I’ve encountered now are:
      #1 when I create a new group, add a new multimedia and click on insert I don’t get any result - nothing happens.

#2 when I go to import tab and click on import button I get this message:
      "- The defined directory (/users/chlebznieba/www/chlebznieba.website.pl/assets/media) does not exist for Source #1. Please contact the administrator.
      - 0 file(s) were imported."
        Lucas from AroundCyprus.net
        • 221 Posts
        I’ve found the problem. It was in path to "connect_directory". The path should be /www/chlebznieba.website.pl/assets/media .
        Right now MMM works like charm !
        Thank You !
          Lucas from AroundCyprus.net
        • Quote from: MediaGuy at Mar 15, 2010, 08:19 AM

How does the JW Player look like when you use it to display a folder of mp3’s?

@MediaGuy: when run in Playlist mode, you can configure an individual image (playlist icon) per song, accompanied by a title and optional description/duration, etc.

The playlist itself can be position below the player, to the right of the player, or "on top" of the player. Optionally, you can even integrate using the JavaScript API and consume your XML playlist for rendering entirely in HTML/CSS!

See this page for an example of the latest version of JW Player with playlist entries right-side positioned:
          JW Player Testing http://developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/testing?file=files%2Fmrss.xml&height=240&width=800&playlist=right&playlistsize=400
          JW Players http://www.longtailvideo.com/players

See the JW Player documentation for more information regarding features and configuration options:
          JW Player 4.x http://developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/wiki/Player4FlashVars
          JW Player 5.x http://developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/wiki/Player5FlashVars
            Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
            MODx Ambassador / Contributor
            [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
          • Quote from: lx at Mar 15, 2010, 02:51 PM

I’ve found the problem. It was in path to "connect_directory". The path should be /www/chlebznieba.website.pl/assets/media .
            Right now MMM works like charm !
            Thank You !

You’re welcome, lx. Glad you got it figured out!
              [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
              I don’t get #3 what should I make there? I hae everything installed and it is working, I have created a group but I can’t import videos.
              • Quote from: micronetic at Apr 16, 2010, 12:44 PM

I don’t get #3 what should I make there? I hae everything installed and it is working, I have created a group but I can’t import videos.

Quote from: pixelchutes at Nov 12, 2009, 10:26 PM

3. Define external media source: Add a row to modx_multimedia_sources (Currently supported connection protocol: ftp)
                NOTE: For this to work as-is today, you will need to edit the database directly to enter your FTP credentials to connect your server and provide a remote path to your multimedia content. Recursive directories are not currently supported.

Unfortunately, this is the hardest part of the configuration. (Soon you’ll be able to manage external sources directly from the GUI) Are you familiar/comfortable with editing MySQL database tables directly?

If so, perhaps review this post for more clarification: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,42208.msg253166.html#msg253166
                  Sorry I don’t know that much of editing MySQL Databases to make it embarrassed
                    • 39 Posts
                    I received this on one of the last pages of installation.

MultiMedia Manager 0.1.3
                    MODx Evolution 1.0.3

The following errors had occurred during installation

You can’t specify target table ’modx_site_content’ for update in FROM clause during the execution of SQL statement REPLACE INTO `modx_site_content` (`id`, `type`, `contentType`, `pagetitle`, `longtitle`, `description`, `alias`, `link_attributes`, `published`, `pub_date`, `unpub_date`, `parent`, `isfolder`, `introtext`, `content`, `richtext`, `template`, `menuindex`, `searchable`, `cacheable`, `createdby`, `createdon`, `editedby`, `editedon`, `deleted`, `deletedon`, `deletedby`, `publishedon`, `publishedby`, `menutitle`, `donthit`, `haskeywords`, `hasmetatags`, `privateweb`, `privatemgr`, `content_dispo`, `hidemenu`) VALUES ((SELECT MIN(`id`) `id` FROM (SELECT `id` FROM `modx_site_content` WHERE `alias` = ’multimedia.xml’ UNION SELECT MAX(`id`)+1 FROM `modx_site_content`) AS _tmp),’document’,’text/xml’,’Multimedia XML’,’’,’’,’multimedia.xml’,’’,’1’,’0’,’0’,(SELECT MAX(`parent`) `parent` FROM (SELECT `parent` FROM `modx_site_content` WHERE `alias` = ’multimedia.xml’ UNION SELECT 0) _tmp2),’0’,’’,’\r\n [(site_name)] - [*pagetitle*]\r\n [(site_url)]\r\n \r\n [[MultiMedia? &output=`xml`]]\r\n \r\n’,’0’,’0’,’99’,’0’,’0’,’1’,1253747196,’1’,1253747196,’0’,’0’,’0’,1253747196,’1’,’’,’0’,’0’,’0’,(SELECT MAX(`privateweb`) `privateweb` FROM (SELECT `privateweb` FROM `modx_site_content` WHERE `alias` = ’multimedia.xml’ UNION SELECT 0) _tmp3),(SELECT MAX(`privatemgr`) `privatemgr` FROM (SELECT `privatemgr` FROM `modx_site_content` WHERE `alias` = ’multimedia.xml’ UNION SELECT 0) _tmp4),’0’,’1’).
                    You can’t specify target table ’modx_site_content’ for update in FROM clause during the execution of SQL statement .

Some tables were not updated. This might be due to previous modifications.

Any ideas?
                      perusing forums is where my comp sci degree got me.
                    • Quote from: v2theg at Apr 29, 2010, 06:55 PM

I received this on one of the last pages of installation.

MultiMedia Manager 0.1.3
                      MODx Evolution 1.0.3

The following errors had occurred during installation

You can’t specify target table ’modx_site_content’ for update in FROM clause during the execution of SQL statement.

Some tables were not updated. This might be due to previous modifications.

Any ideas?

What version of MySQL are you currently running?