We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    RE: samg

I don't understand what it means to not replace the default file image TV button. If I read this correctly you're saying that entering "NO" retains a button (method) from MODX Native. What is the "file image button" and how is the native button different from Roxy's? Sounds like a big deal if many of us might 'cherish' it.

file/image TV button is that button rightmost of the TV input text field that enables you to insert said images and files from file browser to the TV input - which later on shows the thumbnail.
    The original button is for the native MODX browser

replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton
    But it so happens that you might be using a custom file-browser (eg elFinder) while editing your resources' content, and you want the same feel of browser for TVs, elFinder would pop up instead of MODX native.
    replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton is for custom browsers to interact with TVs.

Please set replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton to NO since this is the cause of your erstwhile annoyance

If I read this correctly you're saying that entering "NO" retains a button (method) from MODX Native.
    You have never been more exact in correctness!
    NO will leave MODX' native bahaviour alone in the regard of TV file/image browser
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 1,145 Posts
      RE: enigmatic_user
      I'm not sure if something is misconfigured in my test system, but when trying to use the elFinder, one or more URLs seem to be explicitly called using HTTP, which causes problems when the MODX Manager is called via HTTPS. Can you confirm this?

There is no trace of hard-coded HTTP in elFinder environment that I can find.

Please report what file(s) the browser is rejecting
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 181 Posts
        Quote from: donshakespeare at Oct 01, 2016, 05:12 PM
        There is no trace of hard-coded HTTP in elFinder environment that I can find.

Please report what file(s) the browser is rejecting

Sorry, I was very short on time...

First,

[[~[[TinymceWrapperGRF? &knownField=`pagetitle` &kF=`pagetitle` &kFv=`tw_elfinder_browser` &gNuFv=`id`]]? &scheme=`full` &rememberLastDir=`1` &defaultView=`icons` &unlocked=`1` &theme=`windows10`]]

delivers an HTTP address for my test site. I changed this to

[[~[[TinymceWrapperGRF? &knownField=`pagetitle` &kF=`pagetitle` &kFv=`tw_elfinder_browser` &gNuFv=`id`]]:replace=`http://==https://`? &scheme=`full` &rememberLastDir=`1` &defaultView=`icons` &unlocked=`1` &theme=`windows10`]]

as a quick fix (added the "replace" output filter to elFinderBrowserRTEurl and elFinderBrowserTopNAVurl). Nevertheless only the almost empty modal with the heading "elFinder Awesome Browser", the "X" for closing the modal and a line are shown, the rest is pure white. wink Also, Chrome shows a warning because of insecure scripts.

While the above fix returns the URL

https://www.mydomain.tls/tinymcewrapper/elfinder.html?rememberLastDir=1&defaultView=icons&unlocked=1&theme=windows10,

it's nevertheless /tinymcewrapper/elfinder.html that is the culprit. I double-checked my .htaccess file, but it's not coming from there.

As I said, maybe some misconfiguration on my side, but in the limited time I could afford, I couldn't find anything. I should say that only the Manager uses HTTPS while the site itself uses HTTP (will be switched to use HTTPS everywhere when I find time for doing so).

Cheers,
        Jan
          This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.
          • 1,145 Posts

Most probably the snippet is causing that hazard.
          Note: you are suppose to change that value to something real, and not generated by the snippet. The snippet is a mere hack to find the url of your file

Quote from: TinymceWrapperGRF_Snippet
          TinymceWrapper Plugin uses GetResourceField to grab the url of your elFinder resource. Since I don't know if you have friendly url on or not, I had no choice. Please replace this in your Plugin property, enter the url of your elFinder resource.

I hope that helps.

• 181 Posts
            Quote from: donshakespeare at Oct 01, 2016, 06:34 PM
            Most probably the snippet is causing that hazard.
            Note: you are suppose to change that value to something real, and not generated by the snippet. The snippet is a mere hack to find the url of your file

Hm, even when I call https://www.mydomain.tld/tinymcewrapper/elfinder.html manually in the browser, it is redirected to http://www.mydomain.tld/tinymcewrapper/elfinder.html. I deactivated every single rule in the .htaccess that could be responsible for doing so, but to no avail. The redirection must be caused by MODX somehow. I searched for "url", "base", "site", "ssl", "http", and "host" in the system settings, but there isn't anything that could cause the behavior. I found "server_protocol", but changing it from "http" to "https" didn't help.

Changing the two properties didn't change anything because of the redirection (I used the complete HTTPS URL).

If it works for you on a site that uses HTTPS for the Manager and HTTP for the frontend, it must be some problem on my side.

Cheers,
            Jan
              • 145 Posts
              Quote from: donshakespeare at Oct 01, 2016, 04:52 PM
              RE: samg

I don't understand what it means to not replace the default file image TV button. If I read this correctly you're saying that entering "NO" retains a button (method) from MODX Native. What is the "file image button" and how is the native button different from Roxy's? Sounds like a big deal if many of us might 'cherish' it.

file/image TV button is that button rightmost of the TV input text field that enables you to insert said images and files from file browser to the TV input - which later on shows the thumbnail.
              The original button is for the native MODX browser

replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton
              But it so happens that you might be using a custom file-browser (eg elFinder) while editing your resources' content, and you want the same feel of browser for TVs, elFinder would pop up instead of MODX native.
              replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton is for custom browsers to interact with TVs.

Please set replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton to NO since this is the cause of your erstwhile annoyance

If I read this correctly you're saying that entering "NO" retains a button (method) from MODX Native.
              You have never been more exact in correctness!
              NO will leave MODX' native bahaviour alone in the regard of TV file/image browser

DonShakespeare:

Something is faulty here. Hope it's not my brain.

I went into the TinyMCEWrapper 'Properties' and changed replaceDefaultFileImageTButton to "NO". I saved Property Set and then Saved again. The property reads "No" in Red.

I then go to an appropriate resource and delete the path from the TV Input field and Save the template. I reload the appropriate CMS page and as expected the image is now gone. I go back to the resource, open the TV tab, click the TV button, and select the graphic I had previously removed. The input field now shows the path to the image as absolute:
              /assets/images/News Headlines Pics/bldg_phillipsburg_hs.jpg
              I save the resource like before and reload the page and the image is still gone!
              I go back to the resource, click the TV tab, remove the "/" from the path, Save the resource, reload the page with the graphic and now it's there.

During this entire procedure the preview of the image never appears in ModX, only the broken image icon.

Everything that happens is exactly as it was when replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton was set to "Yes".

The only thing that comes to mind is that I never changed the Roxy configuration of "files_root". I left it at /assets. Do you think this is the problem or is something else amiss?

??? Sam (Gerber)
                • 181 Posts
                Quote from: samg at Oct 01, 2016, 08:46 PM
                The only thing that comes to mind is that I never changed the Roxy configuration of "files_root". I left it at /assets. Do you think this is the problem or is something else amiss?

Why don't you just try it? You can always return to the old value if needed.

Cheers,
                Jan
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  Re: samg

It should not matter anymore, the settings in Roxy configuration, since you have replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton set to NO

But, as replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton is having no effect ...

Since I have no clue as to your familiarity with MODX or its lingo or what your developer has already set up...
                  Please do these things for me... so that we can both the better confirm that something is not, as you put it, faulty with your brain ... or mine ... smiley

1. Refresh the browser TinymceWrapper Plugin page - very nicely
                  2. Go back to your Plugin Properties, is your replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton still NO?

3. Now check the word in the dropdown box right before "Add Property Set" - Does it say Default?
                  4. Now, as you already know how to check the Plugin Properties, via the Tabs, please click the System Events tab, right before the Properties Tab

5. Sort the list you see there, by clicking Enabled once or twice until you see some nine checkboxes that are checked

6. In the fourth column of that table, under heading, Property Set, are the fields, also Default just as in #3 of this list?

If you can't make any headway from the list above, I'll have to check your setup myself. I really don't have a degree in telepathy or psychic devilry. [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 7 years, 7 months ago.]
                    • 1,145 Posts
                    That issue is very odd. Some heavy caching issue or server jailer going on.
                    Is it only elFinder that redirects back to http?
                      • 181 Posts
                      Quote from: donshakespeare at Oct 01, 2016, 09:19 PM
                      That issue is very odd. Some heavy caching issue or server jailer going on.
                      Is it only elFinder that redirects back to http?

• The MODX Browser works as expected.
                      • The Responsive FileBrowser shows 403s for the images, but otherwise works as expected. I can preview the images, so this shouldn't be too difficult to fix (maybe something in my .htaccess - /assets/thumbs doesn't exist otherwise).
                      • Roxy Fileman works as expected, though it starts in its own upload folder and doesn't show the existing files. It's a matter of configuration.
                      • elFinder is the only one that causes some more severe problems, as reported.

Thanks for your help, by the way! If you're short on time: This is more of an academical problem, as I don't plan to use elFinder in that project (a site that is productive since years, so I can't do some extreme testing).

As you mentioned the cache: I just renamed the /core/cache folder and emptied the browser cache. But I guess that's not what you meant (just wanted to make sure). wink

Cheers,
                      Jan