We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 654 Posts
    I’m still having a problem with this.
    Provisioner 1.9 Beta, Revo 2.0.7 pl traditional, MySQL 5.1.37, PHP 5.3.0
    Fresh install of Revo on XAMPP (Windows Vista 64-bit Home). No warnings, only success messages
    Trying to pull in content from an Evo 1.0.4 site on same XAMPP/localhost install
    No errors on install of Provisioner
    Revogateway.zip newly downloaded and living in Evo site under snippets. (Confirmed via filemanager)
    Login to Evo site is fine (manager log in Evo database shows login and, later, logout)
    Provisioner correctly lists files, users, etc.
    In Evo Import tab kept all default settings except for snippets and plugins.
    Dialog box warns of overwriting current site (okay), but after selection nothing seems to happen.
    Checking the Revo error log I get this :
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 770) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 771) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 773) PHP warning: curl_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 690) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 700) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 702) PHP warning: curl_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 714) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\model\modx\modconnectorresponse.class.php : 128) Recoverable error: Argument 1 passed to modConnectorResponse::outputArray() must be an array, string given, called in C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php on line 722 and defined
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 795) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
    [2011-02-17 13:16:22] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\model\modx\modconnectorresponse.class.php : 128) Recoverable error: Argument 1 passed to modConnectorResponse::outputArray() must be an array, null given, called in C:\xampp\htdocs\revo\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php on line 809 and defined

Nothing shows up in Evolution event log and I’m not seeing any error logs in the Evo site.
    Is there something really dopey I’m overlooking?
    Matt

EDIT : the log file from the tmp folder is giving me a couple of cookie entries but nothing else.
      • 1,336 Posts
      There should be an import log in the logs folder also, what does that contain.
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 654 Posts
        I’m not seeing that. All I have is a .tmp file with some localhost cookie info.

I’ve rechecked the docs and believe I’ve set everything up correctly. To test this I tried importing an individual chunk and that worked. As did importing a snippet. So I _think_ that shows I’ve set everything up correctly. But maybe not.

Is there a debug flag I can trip or a point in the code where it makes sense to put some output statements? I haven’t dug into any of the code, but thought I’d ask anyway.
        Matt
          • 1,336 Posts
          Just checking but you do know that when you initially press the import button you get the ’this will overwrite your site.....’ warning, OK this, then you have to press it again, the import doesn’t start until you press import again, its just to stop people trashing their local sites by just clicking through warning signs and not really reading them.
            • 654 Posts
            Yup. This is a fresh install of Revo - i.e. only Provisioner had been installed and there’s no content other than the home page. The idea is to just pull a boatload of content from another site so I can start understanding how to do a port from Evo to Revo.

The thing is, this worked for me before with v1.7 and Revo 2.0.3 (I think), albeit with some hoops to jump through (noted on the support thread for that version of Provisioner). This time, I torched the old Revo install, deleted the database in phpmyadmin, created a new database and did a fresh install of Revo (2.0.7-pl traditional). Then I reloaded the revogateway material in the target Evo site.

I also figured that maybe I wasn’t waiting long enough but that didn’t change anything.

These are both on localhost and for development purposes only. So I can afford to mess with things to figure out where I’ve gone wrong, if you have any suggestions.

I can’t escape this feeling that I’m missing something basic, though I’ve been through the docs again and item-by-item importing is definitely working.

Matt
              • 654 Posts
              SOLVED.
              And, boy, do I feel like an idiot. For whatever reason, despite the fact that I *thought* I read the dialog box carefully, I was not in fact hitting "import" a second time. Of course, this realization only came after thinking that there was a problem with my cUrl/PHP/MySQL install, uninstalling XAMPP v 1.7.3, installing XAMPP 1.7.4, finding that it didn’t seem to be working on my machine, downloading XAMPP 1.7.3, finding that *that* didn’t work either, only to download *again* v 1.7.2, which did work. Of course, by this time, I’m staring at localsites not coming up in the browser, realizing that all the users and passwords need to be reentered into the database.

Once that was done I pull up Revo again and go through the whole dog-and-pony show with Provisioner. Except *this* - for whatever reason - I notice the "hit import again" warning. I could swear it wasn’t there before (of course), but I also know when I’m wrong.

And in this case, the problem with Provisioner has been one entirely of user error and not an issue with Provisioner/Revo. My sincere apologies for any bandwidth and neurons used up by anyone on this.

The only consolation is that it’s Friday, it’s past my beer time, and I don’t have to look at manually importing a zillion pages of content into my Revo install.

Matt
                • 1,336 Posts
                Glad its sorted, if its any consolation your not the only one to be caught by the way the import button works.
                  • 22 Posts
                  I’m getting "The site import failed - Cannot get remote resource" when I press the ’import’ button the second time.

log shows
                  --------------------------------------
                  Importing from 64.64.xx.xxx
                  Import started at - 26-02-11-0839
                  --------------------------------------

08:39:54 : >>>>Getting resources .........

Using 1.9-beta to import from 1.05 evo to 2.08 revo

Login to evo works, refresh of resources, elements, files works fine, but import fails (tried all combinations of parent, Snippets, Chunks, Plugins)

Any ideas?
                    • 1,336 Posts
                    Have a look in your remote evo sites event table, you should have an entry in it at the same time as your 08:39:54 : >>>>Getting resources ......... was logged on your local site that says ’Getting all resources’ this shows that the gateway code has got the initial resource import request just after that there should be an entry named ’Got all resources’ when the query is complete. If these are present what time difference do you see between the two?
                      • 22 Posts
                      Quote from: shamblett at Feb 26, 2011, 03:56 PM

Have a look in your remote evo sites event table, you should have an entry in it at the same time as your 08:39:54 : >>>>Getting resources ......... was logged on your local site that says ’Getting all resources’ this shows that the gateway code has got the initial resource import request just after that there should be an entry named ’Got all resources’ when the query is complete. If these are present what time difference do you see between the two?

Nothing there. Even retried the process. It doesn’t write anything in evo event-log