We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    Provisioner should install into a 2.1.3 site but it won't connect to one, so you can use it to pull things in from a 2.1.1 and below site(or an evo site). There's no fix for this at the mo(look back through this thread). I'll look at 2.2 when it comes out
      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • 53 Posts
      Update - I am now able to get Provisioner to work after moving both sites to new hosting, i now no longer receive the error message.

The problem now is that Provisioner does import most of the site but then just hangs and continues to say its importing when nothing seems to be happening.

After opening the manager in another tab I can see that half the site tree has been imported and no chunks and TV's.

Any way to find out why its hanging? Again - is it possible that this site is too large to work with provisioner?
      • Hi;

I have a site running and need to update it importing content from another modx site (2.1.5-pl).
        Provisioner actually doesn't work with this versions.

I need to add around 500 new resources to the production site.
        I'm using TVs so i guess modx_site_content import in phpMyAdmin would not work.
        Suggestions?
          • 213 Posts
          any updates on this working with 2.2 rc1?
            Mark Macatee
            President
            Power 10 Solutions
            http://www.power10solutions.com
            • 409 Posts
            Hi,

I have difficulties to connect 2 Revo 2.2.0-pl2 instances with Provisioner 1.1.0
            The connector URL is like this : http://www.domain.tld/connectors
            When I try to connect, I have this error : "Connexion failed - Acces refused."

My login/password are good
            Maybe it is the API key ?
            I have found the API key on the config.inc.php of the distant instance :

$site_id = 'modx4f06******bf465.42*******'

What's wrong ?
              • 1,336 Posts
              You cant connect to revo versions above 2.1 as explained in this thread and on the package download page.
                Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
              • Is connecting to an Evo site and importing into Revo 2.2 supported?
                  [sepiariver.com] (https://sepiariver.com/)
                  • 213 Posts
                  No. You need to import to 2.1 then upgrade. that's what we did. not too much effort, especially given how much time you're saving by importing.
                    Mark Macatee
                    President
                    Power 10 Solutions
                    http://www.power10solutions.com
                    • 14 Posts
                    First of all, thank you shamblett for this awesome component.

I'm having the same issue as bennyp and messyp though in trying to port an Evo site (with 2000 resources) to Revo. I can log into the remove Evo site and view all the resources but when I try to do an Evo Import I get popup saying "The site import failed - Cannot get remote resource ". The log in the /tmp folder says ">>>>Getting resources ........." and nothing more.

I've tried doing everything mentioned in this forum (reinstalling revogateway, permissions, locks, etc), but to no avail.

The Evo site is 1.0.2 and I've tried importing with Revo 2.2.pl (which we know doesn't work but I figured I'd try anyway), 2.1.5, and 2.1.3.

Anyone have any news or a fix?

• 47 Posts
                      Damn, thought I'd found a solution on how to import resources from one site to another.

We have a UAT version of the site which the client has been adding resources to and then we have a live version we need to merge the newly created resources into. As it is a sizable site on 2.2.5 I don't think downgrading/upgrading is a viable option.

Any word on an update?