We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    Theres a log of the import in assets/components/provisioner/tmp named import-date.log, what does this contain? Also the event log of your remote evo site contains a list of import events like resources started/stopped etc what does this show?
      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • 14 Posts
      Hello,

I try to install Provisioner as it is told in the UserGuide.odt and i’ve done everything until "3 - Administration".

But when i try to "Login" nothing happens, a short context windows open with "actionning" and then close and nothing appears in the other tabs.
      I tried to "logout" but it’s the same "actionning" and then nothing...

I’ve done these following tests :
      - I have a connectors folder and an index.php file inside my /evo/assets/snippets/revogateway
      - I’ve installed the package inside my Revo install and i have a /revo/assets/components/provisioner/tmp folder with permission 777 (in fact, i put everything in the provisioner directory in 777)
      - When i try to login/logout inside the provisioner page, no new file writen inside /revo/assets/components/provisioner/tmp or /revo/assets/components/provisioner/imports
      - Not any error inside the error log of MODx
      - i get a error 500 when i try to connect to http://mydomain.com/revo/assets/components/provisioner/connector.php

Here are some stuff i find out in my apache log : (My Provisioner component page is located in http://revo.domain.com/manager/?a=71)
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx revo.domain.com - [16/Jan/2011:21:49:31 +0100] "POST /assets/components/provisioner/connector.php HTTP/1.1" 500 592 "http://revo.domain.com/manager/?a=71" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1"
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx revo.domain.com - [16/Jan/2011:21:49:36 +0100] "GET /manager/templates/default/images/modx-theme/grid/loading.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 186 "http://revo.domain.com/manager/templates/default/css/modx-min.css" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1"
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx revo.domain.com - [16/Jan/2011:21:49:36 +0100] "POST /assets/components/provisioner/connector.php?action=resource/getlist&id=root HTTP/1.1" 500 592 "http://revo.domain.com/manager/?a=71" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1"
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx revo.domain.com - [16/Jan/2011:21:49:39 +0100] "POST /assets/components/provisioner/connector.php HTTP/1.1" 500 592 "http://revo.domain.com/manager/?a=71" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1"
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx revo.domain.com - [16/Jan/2011:21:54:25 +0100] "POST /assets/components/provisioner/connector.php HTTP/1.1" 500 592 "http://revo.domain.com/manager/?a=71" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1"
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx revo.domain.com - [16/Jan/2011:21:55:39 +0100] "GET /assets/components/provisioner/connector.php HTTP/1.1" 500 592 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)"
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx revo.domain.com - [16/Jan/2011:21:57:30 +0100] "GET /assets/components/provisioner/connector.php HTTP/1.1" 500 592 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)"

Here are my software versions :
      Provisioner 1.9-beta
      MODx Revo 2.0.7-pl fresh install
      MODx Evo 1.0.4 upgrade from 0.9.6.x

Can anyone help me ?
      Thanks !
        • 1,336 Posts
        When i try to login/logout inside the provisioner page, no new file writen inside /revo/assets/components/provisioner/tmp
        On login you should have a a cookie file created like this for example, CURLU8NKCZ, CURL creates this, what’s in your apache erro log as oppsed to your access log?
          • 14 Posts
          Sorry for bothering you, but with your hint i find out the problem !
          My host don’t like 707 nor 606 and set error 500 ! That’s why i didn’t have any PHP error.

I set every file in 604 and folders in 705 and everything is okay !

Provisioner works perfectly ! Thank you Shamblett for this component !
            • 82 Posts
            Hi,
            I’ve managed to install the plugin on my localhost Revo site but I’m struggling with the revogateway.

I’ve checked file permissions, I’ve modified the temporary CURL file to assets/curl/CURLcookies, I’ve checked the revogateway directory is in assets/snippets, my password is just alpha/numeric characters but when I try to connect it says that the revogateway is not installed. The error log gives me this
             [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 771) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 772) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 774) PHP warning: curl_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 796) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/model/modx/modconnectorresponse.class.php : 128) Recoverable error: Argument 1 passed to modConnectorResponse::outputArray() must be an array, null given, called in /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php on line 810 and defined
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 691) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 701) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 703) PHP warning: curl_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php : 715) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
            [2011-01-25 23:18:20] (ERROR @ /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/model/modx/modconnectorresponse.class.php : 128) Recoverable error: Argument 1 passed to modConnectorResponse::outputArray() must be an array, string given, called in /home/adrian/websites/clanRevo/core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php on line 723 and defined

I don’t know what else to check. Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards

Adrian
              • 1,336 Posts
              I’ve modified the temporary CURL file to assets/curl/CURLcookies..
              Not sure what this is, the CURL files should be in /assets/components/provisioner/tmp. Don’t forget to set the site to evolution on login and the URL to the URL of the remote evo site itself, not the remote evo sites gateway directory.
                • 82 Posts
                Quote from: shamblett at Jan 26, 2011, 05:13 AM

I’ve modified the temporary CURL file to assets/curl/CURLcookies..
                Not sure what this is, the CURL files should be in /assets/components/provisioner/tmp. Don’t forget to set the site to evolution on login and the URL to the URL of the remote evo site itself, not the remote evo sites gateway directory.
                Hi,
                Thanks for the response, the CURL directory relocation was one of the one of the fixes suggested on a previous version to get around some directory permission problems. I’ve subsequently put it back to the original supplied location. This creates the following file on my local machine running Provisioner.

# Netscape HTTP Cookie File
                # http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/cookie_spec.html
                # This file was generated by libcurl! Edit at your own risk.

www.cherryclan.com	FALSE	/	FALSE	0	SN4bc63e1h0bf8c	64521e5931264bca29g7dc94ecb40f15

I have set the remote site to evolution and I’ve tried the URL as either www.cherryclan.com or http://cherryclan.com neither of which work. So perhaps I’m misunderstanding what you mean by the remote URL.

Regards

Adrian

• 1,336 Posts
                  OK, if you navigate to http://cherryclan.com/assets/snippets/revogateway/index.php you should get this back :-

{"success":true,"message":"","total":0,"object":null}

Your getting a 404 page, this is why provisioner is not logging in, check this path is valid and that you are not somehow barring this access in your site setup.

• 82 Posts
                    Quote from: shamblett at Jan 26, 2011, 07:24 AM

OK, if you navigate to http://cherryclan.com/assets/snippets/revogateway/index.php you should get this back :-

{"success":true,"message":"","total":0,"object":null}

Your getting a 404 page, this is why provisioner is not logging in, check this path is valid and that you are not somehow barring this access in your site setup.

Thanks for that, it was a useful pointer. For some reason on my web hosting it’s blocking access to php files, if I rename the file to index.txt then I can see it, however if I rename it to provis.php it gets blocked again.

So not quite solved it yet but at least I know now what I need to fix to get it to work.

Regards

Adrian
                      • 82 Posts
                      Thanks for your help - I checked the access logs on my provider. This reported an error that the snippets directory was writable by the the group. So I removed group write access to the snippets directory and sub directories and lo and behold the revogateway started working.

I can now login to my remote evo site using Provisioner, I can view the resources, snippets, files etc. I can import individual resources.

I then struggled with importing the entire evo site into my revo site. I pressed the import button, up popped the warning dialog box, I pressed yes and then waited for it to appear. When nothing happened I checked the error logs and refreshed the resource list. Must have tried 2 or 3 times before I finally read the instructions!! After pressing the yes button on the warning dialog I had failed to realise that I had to press the import button once again. Once I’d done this it all worked brilliantly.

So many thanks for all your work on this plugin - I’ve got a couple of evo sites which I can now start importing into revo and it’s just got a whole lot easier.

Regards

Adrian Cherry