We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    Glad its sorted, don’t forget that should you encounter any probs doing an evo site import an import log is produced in the tmp directory if you need it.
      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • 97 Posts
      Just used Provisioner to do an evo->revo import and it mostly worked great! Thanks for all your work on this - it’s a really great timesaver smiley

When I ran it initially, I ticked the ’Parent Categories’ box. This resulted in me only being able to see (in the Revo manager) elements (chunks & tv’s) that didn’t have a category (in Evo). Looking in the Revo database, all the categories and chunks had been imported and the chunks all had their categories set - but only the chunks with category = 0 were showing up in the Revo manager. Doing an SQL Update and changing all the Chunk’s category field to 0 made them all appear in the manager.

After a bit of poking around trying to figure out what was going on (me misunderstanding what the ’Parent Categories’ thing is supposed to do, maybe?) - I ran it again without the box ticked. This time, all the imported chunks were visible in the Revo manager, inside their respective categories.

Am I misunderstanding this? How are you supposed to view/edit imported elements in the revo manager, if the original element was in a category in evo and you’ve got the ’Parent Categories’ box ticked on import?
        • 1,336 Posts
        It should parent all your imported categories to your Provisioner category in your local revo site although from the above it sounds as though its not doing this. This feature is little used if at all now and is a candidate for removal in fact. We’ve found people don’t want this on evo site import(your the first reporter here!) they just need the categories creating as they were in the evo site as you’ve found out. I’ll raise a ticket about this in github.
          • 24 Posts
          Hi(Sorry for my english)

1.9 beta works like a charm, but I think I’ve found a problem: links inside the content´s ID or TV are not converted. Example: <a href="[~1~]"> Link to id 1 </a> are not converted to <a href="[[~1]]"> Link to id 1 </a> . Waiting for support and comments. Tanks
            • 1,336 Posts
            Ok, if you are importing an evo resource say into revo you need to import it with the ’convert tags’ option, not just ’import’, if its an evo site import it should just work. AFAIK this does work, it instantiates the MODx class modParser095, this as far as I know converts tags correctly. Exactly what steps are you doing on your import?
              • 24 Posts
              Thanks of answering:

I’ve imported a local evo 1.0.4 site to a local revo 2.0.7 site. Parent Categories, snippets and chunk are checked IN PROVISIONER 1.9. The problem remains on TV with INPUT TYPE: TEXT. Text-TV with [~228~] on it are not converted to [[~228]] huh. Any other tag in my templates or content’s id was perfectly converted.

cheers.
                • 1,336 Posts
                Just looking this looks like a bug, we don’t tag convert the value field of the template variable contentvalue table on import. I’ll file this in github for the next release. Thanks for reporting it. If you desperately need a patch for this I can supply one.
                  • 24 Posts
                  Thaks for the patch, but I’ll wait for the next release. I ’ve been testing, and it seems that some TV features are not working.

For example:

TV with Ouput Type: Image
                  • Alternate Text: [[*pagetitle]](converted)
                  • Style: float: left; or Align: Left (not working).

Thanks.
                    • 654 Posts
                    Ran into a problem importing an Evo site (1.0.4) on localhost to a Revo 2.0.6 site (localhost). The error log in the tmp file is, in its entirety :

--------------------------------------
                    Importing from localhost/ats
                    Import started at - 08-02-11-2048
                    --------------------------------------

20:48:49 : >>>>Getting resources .........

and the MODX error log has

[2011-02-08 20:50:20] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo206\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 377) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
                    [2011-02-08 20:50:20] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo206\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 378) PHP warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
                    [2011-02-08 20:50:20] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo206\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 385) PHP warning: curl_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given
                    [2011-02-08 20:50:20] (ERROR @ C:\xampp\htdocs\revo206\core\components\provisioner\model\provisioner\provisioner.class.php : 432) PHP warning: unlink() [<a href=’function.unlink’>function.unlink</a>]: No error

The site never comes over - after getting the "This will overwrite your site" warning, nothing happens other than focus returning to the browser window. Chunks, snippets and plugins were checked and I was trying to bring everything into the web context. All of the tabs showed the right content (e.g. what users it found on the Evo site, files, etc.)

This was just an experiment and not time sensitive. But I pass it along anyway.
                    Matt
                      • 1,336 Posts
                      Have a look in your evo sites events table, you should have an entry like ’started getting resources’ that mirrors the ’getting resources’ entry in the import log. The import didn’t start for some reason by the looks.