We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Today I also tried to find a quick solution for using Provisioner with MODX 2.2+. I was able to import at least Ressources and Elements by hacking one core-file of MODX 2.2.5. But I could not see any files, packages or users.

After finishing the use of Provisioner it is important to put back the original file of course, so make a copy. The file is located in the target MODX-Installation (where you want to log in):

/core/model/modx/modconnectorresponse.class.php

and lines 98 - 111 have to be deleted :

/* ensure headers are sent for proper authentication */
    if (!$isLogin && !isset($_SERVER['HTTP_MODAUTH']) && !isset($_REQUEST['HTTP_MODAUTH'])) {
    $this->body = $modx->error->failure($modx->lexicon('access_denied'),array('code' => 401));

Beginning of line 112 has to be corrected of course to :

if (!isset($options['location']) || !isset($options['action'])) {

[ed. note: d.helfensteller last edited this post 11 years, 3 months ago.]
      • 409 Posts
      Thanks for this soluce smiley
      I will test it next time.

I never understand why this extension was not supported/adapted for lastest MODx version...
        • 1,336 Posts
        Quote from: Spheerys at Dec 05, 2012, 04:40 PM
        Thanks for this soluce smiley
        I will test it next time.

I never understand why this extension was not supported/adapted for lastest MODx version...

Its because Provisioner itself can't fix this, the only entity(for want of a better word) that can login to the core is manager, remote login as used by Provisioner in the past doesn't work now, hence my call for a core driven authentication system.
          Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
          • 409 Posts
          Thank you for the explain smiley
          It should be usefull to keep a documentation somewhere (rtfm.modx.com?) to explain the manual procedure to use Provisioner and keep it up to date if necessary smiley [ed. note: Spheerys last edited this post 11 years, 3 months ago.]
            • 463 Posts
            y great timesaver

When I ran it initially, I ticked the 'Parent Categories' box. This resulted in me only being able to see (in the Revo manager) elements (chunks & tv's) that didn't have a category (in Evo). Looking in the Revo database, all the categories and chunks had been imported and the chunks all had their categories set - but only the chunks with category = 0 were showing up in the Revo manager. Doing an SQL Update and changing all the Chunk's category field to 0 made them all appear in the manager.

After a bit of poking around trying to figure out what was going on (me misunderstanding what the 'Parent Categories' thing is supposed to do, maybe?) - I ran it again without the box ticked. This time, all the imported chunks were visible in the Revo manager, inside their respective categories.

Am I misunderstanding this? How are you supposed to view/edit imported elements in the revo manager, if the original element was in a category in evo and you've got the 'Parent Categories' box ticked on import?
            This is a great add-on and has certainly encouraged me to try Revo again.

Just in case anybody gets this problem (like I just did!) you need to set the parent category of your imported categories to 0 (zero) in your database - clear cache and refresh your page - all 'hidden' chunks that have been imported will show up in your resources pane.

Web site design in Nottingham UK by Chris Fickling http://www.chrisficklingdesign.co.uk
              • 1,024 Posts
              Not really sure what I m doing wrong here. I am logged in but can t get any resources from an Evo 1.0.8 install to an Revo 2.1.1 clean install. assets/snippets/revogateway/index.php reads: {"success":true,"message":"","total":0,"object":null}. Getting the famous "The site import failed - Cannot get remote resource " message. Any ideas?
                • 1,336 Posts
                What do the logs in the evo install say? It looks as though its just not finding any resources. Provisioner was never tested against any evo over 1.0.6 I believe, maybe somethings changed in Evo itself.
                  Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
                  • 299 Posts
                  I just posted a new thread, perhaps I should have posted here instead. On a fresh install attempting to import a en Evo site to Revo I had success importing but the resources, when selected, do not open the resource editor page in the manager just a blank page.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    The first thing to try is deleting all files in the Revo core/cache directory, then turn FURLs off, then back on again.

Next, try turning the compress_js and compress_css System Settings off and clearing your browser cache and cookies.
                      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting