We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Hi all,

Just a remark to improve the compatibility with all db name. As a previous user said, a db with a "-" is non functionnal due to this special caracter.

Just modify line 65 from "smf.base.class.inc.php":
    return $this->smfSettings[’db_name’].".".$this->smfSettings[’db_prefix’].$tbl;
    into
    return $this->smfSettings[’`db_name`’].".".$this->smfSettings[’db_prefix’].$tbl;

I spent a lot of time to fix this inconvenience...Thanks to backquotes  grin
      Titi - new french MODx user but interested in
      • 7 Posts
      Using 0.9.5. I’m still getting this problem: "Unable to load SMF Setting. Please make sure that your SMF " path was entered correctly".

Installation seemed go through fine, but not having any luck running the module after installation.

I’ve used my websites full server path for the forum base path:
      /usr/home/pacifich/public_html/forum/ is this correct?

Also looking at the files on the server I don’t see a folder created for forums, was this supposed to happen during installation?
      • Did you actually install and have SMF running first?
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 7 Posts
          Ok forget anything I’ve just said, all works fine in the event SMF is installed. Who would have thought?

thanks
            • 14 Posts
            Quick question before I try this snippet. I assume that I must install and setup SMF first before trying this Integration module.

Assumption: The Integration module is not the actual forum software? This module allows modx to interface with SMF?

Are my assumptions correct?

Thanks
            • Your presumptions are correct. The integration module is only for user integration. You must have a fully functioning installation of SMF first.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 14 Posts
                Cool. Just wanted to make sure before waisting any time. Ill give it a try.

Terry
                • Hmm...I am trying this on MODx 0.9.6 RC1, and when I try to add a normal Web User via MODx manager, I get this error in SQL:

SELECT memberName FROM dbname.`dbname`.smf_members WHERE memberName = 'NewUserNameHere'

Clearly, you can see that "dbname.`dbname`." is being duplicated... Hmm...

...Commenting out Line #160 of smf_api_1.1.php seems to do the trick (well, partially...)

It appears $dbprefix is already nicely formatted for us in this (and likely recent previous) releases....

However, I’m still getting issues related to dbprefix ... hmm...

Hold Up!

I just realized how ridiculous I’m being...

1. This is a functioning Forum, yes, however it is an old SMF 1.0.7 partially tweaked to work with SMF/Joomla Bridge... SCRATCH THAT!!!!

I will be installing a fresh and clean version of the newest SMF now, and will report back wink

RE: the dbname and dbprefix, it is related to my SMF Settings.php, which I don’t trust at the moment wink

OK..first of all, that is MUCH better w/ a clean install of SMF! smiley

Sync Users went great and imported my 1 SMF user into MODx. However, when I try and run the Administration Center via the Module, I get the following:

: Table ’modx_localhost.smf_sessions’ doesn’t exist
                  C:\wamp\www\htdocs\local\forums\Sources\Load.php

Someone else above on this same page posted the same error, only I didn’t see there was ever a solution?

Oddly, when I ran a second time, everything appears (crosses fingers) to be working... I will let the board know if this surfaces again, hopefully it’s only a one-timer :/
                    Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                    MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                    [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart

: Table ’modx_localhost.smf_sessions’ doesn’t exist
                    C:\wamp\www\htdocs\local\forums\Sources\Load.php

However, it appears to be session-based... by that, I mean that it only occurs on the First time I try to access http://localhost/modx/forums/, then everything else works fine from there. If I close my browser, and try again, I get the error...

I’ll see if I can’t figure it out...oddly, it’s looking for smf_sessions (and SMF table) but is using the MODx database prefix...

Also, I notice that modxcms.com/forums appear to use built in SMF user login/logout...

When I click "login" (not choosing to manually override SMF native Login() per the readme....), I am redirected to my MODx site, but I don’t understand why, since the "Login" URL is clearly part of the /forums/:

Clicking

http://localhost/htdocs/local/modx/forums/index.php?action=login
                    takes me to

http://localhost/htdocs/local/modx/index.php?id=1&refurl=http://localhost/htdocs/local/modx/forums

Does Anybody have any experience w/ SMF Connector and MODx that can asssist with:

1. Why is the "Table ’modx_localhost.smf_sessions’ doesn’t exist" error thrown the first time I visit the forums
                    2. Why does SMF native Login links take me outside of SMF?

UPDATE: I have traced #2 to the reloadSettings() function within forums/index.php ... more to come soon...
                      Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                      MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                      [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                      Can someone help me with this same problem?(UNABLE TO LOAD SMF SETTINGS) I have installed my forum to www.obsoletethunderbird.org/forum . I am having the site hosted by godaddy.com . I cannot figure out my forum base path to save my life. In WS_FTP and Filezilla it just says my base path is /forum/ . Can anybody lend me some advice??

Thanks so much!
                      Joel Logan