We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for SMF Forum Integration.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Integrates MODx with SMF Forum
      When the last tree is cut, the last SUV built, then will we realize we can’t eat money?

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi
      • 2 Posts
      I have my ModX and SMF integrated with this mod but can’t figure out how to add a link in the dropmenu. Thanks in advance.
        [CENTER]
        Bogie’s Network
        Congressional Simulation | That Movie Game | Early Life Crisis
        Pimp This Site
        (Under Construction)
        [/CENTER]
        • 2 Posts
        Okay I got the link in the menu but now the issue is getting the forum wrapped in the site. I used the Content >> add weblink. Is there another way to do it to wrap it inside my side or is it template edits I need to do. Thanks in advance.
          [CENTER]
          Bogie’s Network
          Congressional Simulation | That Movie Game | Early Life Crisis
          Pimp This Site
          (Under Construction)
          [/CENTER]
          • 4,213 Posts
          I guess the best way is to template it to look like your website.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 93 Posts
            Hi

I just installed the SMF Forum Integration module into Modx 0.9.2. I have a working SMF forum installed and this module installation completed correctly according to the mydomain.com/install web interface.

Following the included Word document, the next step is to configure the module in the MODx admin interface. I enter Modules>Manage Modules and click on "SMF Connector" to enter the Create/Edit module screen. This fails to happen - I see instead an alert box pop up saying: "Unable to load SMF settings. Please make sure that the SMF path ’’ was entered correctly". Of course, I can’t until I have configured it!

How do I get in to do so? Can I manually edit a file on the server?

I realise that I may be being completely thick here.

Lee
              • 93 Posts
              To answer my own question, in case it helps others:

Contrary to the documentation, do not click on the name of the SMF Connector module - this does NOT take you into the edit page. Instead, click on the icon alongside the name and choose "Edit" from the little menu presented.

It’s all plain from there....

L
                • 7 Posts
                Hi everyone, I installed the SMF module and configured it and when I run it I can see the Administrator Center and Synchronize Users links but when I click on them I get this:

Not Found

The requested URL /assets/modules/smforum/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at myurl.com Port 80

as well when I try to log into the site I see this error after I click the login button:

« MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
                Error: Unknown(/home/webadmin/myurl.com/html/assets/modules/smforumsmf.base.class.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
                Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
                File: /home/webadmin/myurl.com/html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(681) : eval()’d code
                Line: 19

Parser timing
                MySQL: 0.0354 s s (5 Requests)
                PHP: 0.0877 s s
                Total: 0.1232 s s

(p.s. I changed the url to myurl but in the code it is actually the correct url.)

I am not sure what to do to fix this the files are there but it is acting like they dont exist. Can anyone help? It is probably something very easy to fix but I am a beginner so I could use a little help.

Thanks
                  • 1,097 Posts
                  Hmmn. There should be a / in smforumsmf.base.class.inc.php after forum, but I don’t know where that needs changing.
                    No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                    MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                    Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                    Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                    Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                    MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
                    • 7 Posts
                    Yeah, I am not too sure where to change that at either I double checked that there is a / after forum in the config forum base path but it is not showing up in the error. If you have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.
                      • 415 Posts
                      What about this module integration in the new 0.9.5 MODx version is it ok ?
                        MODx Sites & Prestations: http://dp-site.fr [Last MODx Site]
                        MODx Repository: [HOME] [MetaTagsExtra] / Current Dev: [xFDM]