We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 415 Posts
    Hmmn. There should be a / in smforumsmf.base.class.inc.php after forum, but I don’t know where that needs changing.
    I think it is in /assets/modules/smfforum/smf.base.class.inc.php

With modx ver 0.9.2.1
    I can’t have access to the module settings.
    i’ve have this error [tt]:Unable to load SMF settings. Please make sure that the SMF Path ’’ was entered correctly[/tt]
    it seems that ".$e->params[’smfpath’]." is not ok.
    at line 32 in /assets/modules/smforum/smf.base.class.inc.php
    [tt]$this->smfSettingsFile = $e->params[’smfpth’].’/Settings.php’;[/tt]
    seems not found the correct setting so I put it in hard:
    [tt]$this->smfSettingsFile=’/homepages/chezouam/htdocs/site/forum/Settings.php’;’[/tt]

Now you have access to the module settings, follow the doc to configure and it works smiley

MODx Sites & Prestations: http://dp-site.fr [Last MODx Site]
      MODx Repository: [HOME] [MetaTagsExtra] / Current Dev: [xFDM]
      • 1,198 Posts
      Installed on 0.9.5 beta 5 , when I click on Administration Center works nice, but if i click on Synchronize Users have this error:

« MODx Parse Error »
      MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
      « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-animali_db.smf_settings (variable,value) VALUES('integrate_pre_include','/var/w' at line 1 »
            SQL: REPLACE INTO amici-animali_db.smf_settings (variable,value) VALUES('integrate_pre_include','/var/www/html/assets/modules/smforum/smf.integrate.inc.php');
        Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
        -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
        • 1,198 Posts
        winkOk solved : the issue was the "-" inside the name of the DB, renamed the the DB everythig works smiley
          Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
          • 2 Posts
          I hope someone here can help me, i installed modx 0.9.5 RC3 now and after that a fresh install of SMF in /forums
          both packages work fine and everything is configured correctly, then i installed the SMF connector plugin and the whole install went 100% fine, then i went into ModX, got to Modules > Manage, I set the correct paths, user/pass, then saved and after that RUN MODULE. then i get the page with SYNCH USERS but when I click on that one i just get a BLANK page!?

Can anyone please help?
            • 129 Posts
            I did an install of this Mod and it ran a sync fine. But when I tried to log out of my forum I got the following error:

: Table 'db4225_bloodfog.bfsmf_sessions' doesn't exist
            /home/4225/domains/bloodfog.com/html/forum/Sources/Load.php

I decided to back out and uninstaller the module but this error persists. I am on 9.5 RC3, my modx database name is db4225_bloodfog & my forum database name is db4225_bfforum.

It looks like the Mod assumed that the bfsmf_sessions table was stored in the MODx database and has fouled things up. Any ideas?
              "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
              -- Sydney Harris
              • 5 Posts
              I have installed the SMF connector in 9.5 and no matter what I do I get
              Unable to load SMF settings.

I read this thread and tried everything but cannot seem to get anywhere. It could be that I am very new to MODx and am doing something stupid. For example Login page, Logout page and Registration Page - I entered the numbers as shown in the doc.

Could you please help?
                • 8 Posts
                Edit: Problem was "Unable to load SMF Setting. Please make sure that your SMF " path was entered correctly". Problem solved.

Using MODx 0.9.5. Pretty much everything is still in it’s default setup.

Please help me out with some "SMF Connector" parameters, if i’m setting them correctly ...

CMS base url : http://www.mywebsite.com/

Forum base path : /home/myusername/public_html/mywebsitefolder/forum/ <---- Solution? Previously I entered ’http://www.mywebsite.com/forum’ which did not work.
                  • 8 Posts
                  I manage to sort out and run SMF Connect module.

Ran "Synch" ok. After that, I constantly run into this MySQL error message:

: Table 'myusername_modxtest.smf_sessions' doesn't exist
                  /home/myusername/public_html/mywebsite/forum/Sources/Load.php

Currently, I have no clue whatsoever the cause of this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
                    • 26 Posts
                    Right now my users are getting logged out after ~60 minutes from the forum.

Is there a way to change the time embedded into the SMF forum cookie (to indefinite if possible?)

Thanks,

David
                      • 3 Posts
                      What is supposed to go in the ’Forum Base Path’ box? I tried this: ’/homepages/.../assets/modules/smforum’ but to no avail. My test site is on a subdomain - might that have anything to do with my error? I’ve been careful to include the subfolder that is referenced for the subdomain (ie. ’sitepath/subfolder/...’).

Thanks! -Chris