We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 223 Posts
    Does anyone know if this snippet works with Evo 1.0.4?
      Nick Hoag
      Creative Partner
      The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
      • 172 Posts
      Yes it does.

-- Tim.
        • 388 Posts
        Hello, i had this problem and reading and trying i found the solucion:

Thanks to this post:

Quote from: WeBe at Mar 05, 2007, 09:51 AM

Whatever I try, I keep getting the error "Unable to load SMF settings...

So, i just want to do a resume:

Inside the ModX manager go to TOOLS/CONFIGURATION/FILE MANAGER

the option File Manager path Default: /going to show the path of your site/

just use that path in the configuration of your module.

ex:

CMS base url: /home/siteuser/public_html

Forum base path: /home/siteuser/public_html/forum (forum is the folder were i install SMF)

and after that you may rud the module, that going to work perfect....

thank you very much, and i hope that works for you too!!! grin grin grin

ModX 1.0.3
          --
          ysanmiguel.com
          • 172 Posts
          Here’s a strange and exasperating problem - even more so than usual. wink

I have installed SMF connector on a site during development (not my site, I just got hired for some SMF stuff). After deployment to a different URL I ran the SMF repair settings script and have reset all theme paths/urls. This all seems fine.

The Admin Center link works fine for me - except on one single occasion with Opera on my laptop, but its since worked fine on that so I can’t say more about that other than it being a very transient glitch. On all other browsers I’ve checked (Opera, Firefox, IE on a VM, Epiphany on a remote Debian machine via VNC) its worked fine all the time every time. In general I’ve been testing on the same physical machine with the same internet connection - hence the latter test via VNC as I’m now clutching at straws.

So why the overkill and why the problem you may well ask? Well the client cannot get it to work at all - ever. We’ve exchanged screen recordings to convince each other and it certainly looks to not be working! She has tried it on three other machines (I’m awaiting a reply to indicate if there might be any things in common between these machines that might give a clue) and it doesn’t work there either.

The problem is that instead of arriving at the SMF admin page, logged in as per the SMF module config, she ends up arriving at SMF as a ’Guest’. The same thing appeared to happen on the one time I had a fail as referred to above. After some exchange of emails with info from Firebug being sent back, it appears that the request headers to the SMF index.php?action=admin contain no cookies, which then makes it hardly surprising nothing works as the server cannot identify her admin session.

Any ideas?

thanks (more so than you can imagine!) in advance

Tim.

Edit: This is now fixed. I think the problem was that the client’s MODx site worked on both the www.<site> domain and the ’no-www’ version. On my own sites I ensure that one or other of these redirects to the other one.

SMF on the other hand has to live on one subdomain only. As cookies are by default set to work on one subdomain also, the connector only ’worked’ when MODx was running on this subdomain.

Put another way, SMF was at sitename.org. If MODx was run at sitename.org, great. If MODx was run at www.sitename.org, the cookies were set on this domain and hence the user was not logged on at sitename.org which SMF uses.

In this latter case, the first request to SMF at www.sitename.org worked, but SMF made its internal links go to sitename.org, at which point the user would not appear to be logged on.

I’ve advised the client to decide whether the site as a whole should live on the www or no-www address, and in general make sure that on all sites one redirects to the other as general good practice.
            • 388 Posts
            Man i try ask some things, but is like there are not more support for this thing.

I tried use this SMF connector i had thousands errors and i was fixing one by one, but at the end i can.t make this work properly.

i give up BUT the connector create a problem in my WEBLOGIN... that was a nightmare...

So i recomend don.t use this thing until some one create a new version.

that.s all!!! undecided undecided undecided
              --
              ysanmiguel.com
              • 172 Posts
              @Ysanmiguel - I have SMF connector running on two sites of mine - one of which is quite a busy one. Its definitely not a "plug and play" solution, but it does work. In addition the site refered to above has it working fine, albeit with the rather exasperating problem mentioned above (which to be a fair, was not an issue with SMF connector).

Note that when using WebloginPE with SMF you should read http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,26565.0.html.

-- Tim.
                • 4 Posts
                Hi guys, I read through this topic and a few others and no one had a solution to the following problem:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFullTableName() on a non-object in /home/###/###/manager/processors/cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 107

I got this error to go away by adding this piece code to line 102 (under ’global $modx’).

if (!$modx){
                	require_once ('../manager/includes/config.inc.php');
                	include_once('../manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php');
                	$modx = new DocumentParser;
                	$modx->db->connect();
                }

Although $modx is being called through global, I thought maybe $modx was empty...and it worked for me. Hope it helps some of you out.
                  • 18 Posts
                  Just tested with Evo 1.05 and SMF 1.1.13 with this little, fix similar to the on mentioned above.
                  For anyone who is interested, it seems to work just fine. smiley
                    • 25 Posts
                    I had the SMF connector working on a site, but when i added in some new MODx webusers, and ran the sync tool, while the sync appeared to work (i.e. no errors) - none of the accounts are now working (i.e. can login to modx, but forum doesn’t recongnise login) and if i try to access the Admin page i get an error:

Unable to log into the SMF Administration Center using the user name ’admin’.
                    Please check to ensure that you’ve entered the correct user name and password from the module configuration screen, and that you’ve selected the correct SMF version

The password hasn’t changed, and i was able to get into the Admin page fine before doing the second sync.

Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

I found this post - http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=48991.0 but it doesn’t say how they fixed it.

SPECS:
                    Modx 1.04, SMF 1.1.13, current version of SMF Connector, PHP5, UNIX server.

Thanks in advance!
                      • 1,024 Posts
                      Been a while but I remember that somewhere the forum path needed changed doesn t it?
                      Change that back to the way it was before tinkering stuff for the connector and login the way smf does by default.
                      Also I used to disable the smf admin but never had a 100% working integration.