We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Got a Problem with that... When I try to access the picture manager, the page simply reloads, but nothing else changes.

Didn’t yet have time to look into it, but maybe someone of you has some ideas?

EDIT: SORRY, didn’t read through the previous posts... I just needed to make it an uncached call...

Greets, XriS
      • 4,213 Posts
      Quote from: ddecjc at Apr 08, 2006, 10:10 AM

1. main window navigates back to root doc of site (that’s not the way it’s supposed to work, is it?)
      No, It’s not supposed to work like that. What browser do you use? maybe the href value has to be that "javascript:;" instead of # like Wendy said for some specific browsers.. I didn’t have problems with FF. I’ll change it to the next version if this is the case.

2. image that should display in popup window is not found. When the URL is constructed for the image, it is appending assets/galleries/(galleryid)/(imagename) (where galleryid and imagename represent the folder created when images were uploaded and the name of the file) to the path to the doc with the snippet call instead of appending it to the root site url.
      The folders in modx manager treemenu has nothing to do with the paths of the images. All gallery images will be in a path like http://mysite.com/assets/galleries/10/myfile.jpg. In that path "assets/galleries/" is the path what you have set in the snippet to the $path_to_galleries settings and 10 is the document ID where the gallery snippet is called. I didn’t quite understand what’s the problem you’re having, do you have demo link to give?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 4,213 Posts
        Quote from: XriS at Apr 08, 2006, 05:11 PM

Got a Problem with that... When I try to access the picture manager, the page simply reloads, but nothing else changes.
        Glad that you got it working allready, the problem you described that the page simply reloads when accessing picture manager sounded to me that, you were using the snippet in a cached document with cached snippet call.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 8 Posts
          Right...

By the way, concerning the lightbox2 implementation: In my template I reference the lightbox2 files. I then installed your snippet and lightbox2 was automatically used. To have the full features, I changed line 1164 from:

$link="<a href=\"" . $file . "\" rel=\"lightbox\">";

to:

$link="<a href=\"" . $file . "\" rel=\"lightbox[slideshow]\" title=\"". $pictitle ."\">";

And this line, found a few lines below:

$pictitle=htmlentities(stripslashes($pic['title']));

has to be moved before the if.

Now, the title is shown under the images and you have navigation buttons to the last and next image.

Thank you very much for this wonderful snippet. The last two days I was thinking about writing something like this myself - so thanks a lot.

XriS
            • 345 Posts
            This is a freakin’ cool little snippet.

Want Suggestions?

1. I would like to see a larger thumbnail on hover similar to the image galleries over at iStockPhoto.com

2. When I see the term "Light box" I think of a collection area to put photos for organizing or sorting. It might be better to call it something more like zoom, expanded view, etc. as long as it’s displaying only one image at a time.

• You’ll have to talk to the original developer about the name he chose. You can contact him about it here.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 61 Posts
                Quote from: doze at Apr 08, 2006, 05:38 PM

The folders in modx manager treemenu has nothing to do with the paths of the images. All gallery images will be in a path like http://mysite.com/assets/galleries/10/myfile.jpg. In that path "assets/galleries/" is the path what you have set in the snippet to the $path_to_galleries settings and 10 is the document ID where the gallery snippet is called. I didn’t quite understand what’s the problem you’re having, do you have demo link to give?
                My $path_to_galleries is set correctly. The problem I’m having is that, when I set "embedtype" to "popup," the link that are created for the thumbnail images are incorrect. For example, let’s say that I have uploaded an image to gallery id 10, and it is located at http://mysite.com/assets/galleries/10/myfile.jpg . The problem is that the link on the tumbnail is pointing to http://mysite.com/mygalleries/assets/galleries/10/myfile.jpg instead (where "mygalleries" is the name of the folder that contains doc id 10 which has the MaxiGallery snippet call in it), so the image is not found.

I will PM you a site URL...
                  Dave
                  • 61 Posts
                  Quote from: doze at Apr 08, 2006, 05:38 PM

1. main window navigates back to root doc of site (that’s not the way it’s supposed to work, is it?)
                  No, It’s not supposed to work like that. What browser do you use? maybe the href value has to be that "javascript:;" instead of # like Wendy said for some specific browsers.. I didn’t have problems with FF. I’ll change it to the next version if this is the case.
                  This happens for me in both IE6 and FF1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2.
                    Dave
                    • 4,213 Posts
                    Quote from: ddecjc at Apr 09, 2006, 11:09 AM

My $path_to_galleries is set correctly. The problem I’m having is that, when I set "embedtype" to "popup," the link that are created for the thumbnail images are incorrect.
                    Oh, now I get it by looking at your site.. you have "Use friendly alias path" set to yes? right? I have not done any testing with that on yet, sorry. So I bet that’s causing both of the troubles you’re having.. I’ll release a new version of the gallery today as I have allready done some bugfixing, I’ll look into this problem now and hope I can patch it to the next version also.

• 4,213 Posts
                      I’ve attatched the new version to the first post. Look at the changelog (also attatched to the post) to see the changes. An important one to notice is, that I changed the ajax lightbox parameter to "slidebox", because it was confused with the normal lightbox and it’s behaviour and as there is the new one (v2.0) too as an optio now, I thought that it would be more clear this way. So, If you were using the lightbox and are updating your snippet to this version, be sure to change all "lightbox" parameter values to "slidebox" in your snippet calls. (Sorry about the non-backward compatible change, but you can expect these to happen at the early stages of developement)

ddecjc: Report back if you can, that did this release fix your problems. Thanks!

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.