We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,495 Posts
    I do really think that this snippet will be very useful and have the potential to serve as our default photo album solution.
    So I’m noticing that you’re not generating the correct address when browsing through the snippet.

Use this API
    $modx->makeUrl(doc_id, ’’, query_string);
    It will generate the index.php?id=blabla or alias.htm and etc by itself, depending on how you setup your MODx installation. It’s a good way to make the address conistent accross the pages/albums.

Take care
      Wendy Novianto
      [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
      [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • 1,198 Posts
      Nicola (Banzai) Reply #12, 18 years ago
      wooooow!!! great work!

Dropshadow and imagemask are very nice features wink
        Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
        -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
        -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
        • 25 Posts
        Hello,

i attached a german Language-File

regards,
        Peter
          Grafik & Grossformatdruck: www.druck-schmie.de
          Bildergalerie: www.bilder-schmie.de
          • 4,213 Posts
          Quote from: Djamoer at Apr 07, 2006, 03:37 PM
          So I’m noticing that you’re not generating the correct address when browsing through the snippet.

Use this API
          $modx->makeUrl(doc_id, ’’, query_string);
          It will generate the index.php?id=blabla or alias.htm and etc by itself, depending on how you setup your MODx installation. It’s a good way to make the address conistent accross the pages/albums.

I’m glad you liked the snippet! Yes, makeUrl will be used in the next release..

Quote from: ddecjc at Apr 07, 2006, 05:22 PM

Quote from: doze at Apr 07, 2006, 12:53 PM

Quote from: Adam16 at Apr 07, 2006, 11:21 AM

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource: modx.modx_maxigallery’ doesn’t exist
          You have to create the database table your self with phpmyadmin or something, if the database user you have in modx is not allowed to create tables.
          I had this same error after installing MaxiGallery. My database user has ALL PRIVILEGES, so that cannot be the reason for the error. I created the table manually, and it works fine now, but I thought you should be aware that database user priviliges is not the cause of the error (at least not the only cause).

Good work! I’m looking forward to playing with the config options to see what it can do.
          I’m sorry, just tried it my self and I get the error too, I have made some bug in there after I tested it, it was working before, I swear! smiley

So sorry for all the troubles, you have to create the table your self now.. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for the patience/input!

EDIT: I have attached a quick new version to my first post what should fix the database creation and I have also put the snippet calls visible on the demosite, so you can get some examples of the parameters there.

EDIT2: And btw, I included the deutch lang files also, thanks Peter!

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 61 Posts
            Quote from: doze at Apr 07, 2006, 09:47 PM

I’m sorry, just tried it my self and I get the error too, I have made some bug in there after I tested it, it was working before, I swear! smiley

So sorry for all the troubles, you have to create the table your self now.. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for the patience/input!

No need to apologize... Keep up the good work!

I haven’t had a chance to explore all the options yet, but I can already think of one feature that would be awesome either as an option with this snippet or as a separate snippet--a "latest additions" feature where you could define the galleries you wanted it to pull from and how many images to show. Same thing could be done with "random images." That would be truly awesome!
              Dave
              • 4,213 Posts
              Quote from: ddecjc at Apr 08, 2006, 12:49 AM

I can already think of one feature that would be awesome either as an option with this snippet or as a separate snippet--a "latest additions" feature where you could define the galleries you wanted it to pull from and how many images to show. Same thing could be done with "random images."
              Yes, I have thought of that latest additions feature my self also, and I will definently do it in some point. Also pulling out a random image of selected galleries is a great idea. These will go straight to the todo list.

In an other note, I have never tried the childgalleries display mode, and don’t actually even know that how it looks and what it’s supposed to do (don’t even know that does it work in MaxiGallery, haven’t had time to test it).. I have thinked to do a feature, that where you could set galleries what you want to be listed and it would make links to those galleries and display a random image of each gallery beside the link. Also I’d like to do an option to this feature where you could set multiple parent id’s and the childgalleries of each parent would be included to the list.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                • 61 Posts
                Quote from: doze at Apr 08, 2006, 09:21 AM
                I have thinked to do a feature, that where you could set galleries what you want to be listed and it would make links to those galleries and display a random image of each gallery beside the link. Also I’d like to do an option to this feature where you could set multiple parent id’s and the childgalleries of each parent would be included to the list.
                Great ideas!

I am playing right now with the different embedtype options, and I’m having trouble. When I set "embedtype=popup" the link that are created for the thumbnail images point to "http://mysite.com/#" (where mysite.com is the base url for my modx site). Therefore, when I click on any of the thumbnails, the go back to the root doc of my site. If I set "embedtype" to lightbox or external, in both cases, clicking on a thumbnail links directly to the image file itself which comes up in the current browser window.

Any idea what is wrong? If you need more detail about my setup, please let me know what Info I should provide. Thanks.
                  Dave
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  Quote from: ddecjc at Apr 08, 2006, 09:30 AM
                  I am playing right now with the different embedtype options, and I’m having trouble. Does this snippet depend on any of the JavaScript files that are linked in the default MODx template?
                  The snippet includes all necessary scripts and css files to the HEAD section of your template automatically, when you select display types that needs them. It uses regClientCSS and regClientStartupScript modx api fuctions. There is an bugs in these functions though and they don’t work right in the latest modx release (0.9.1), you have to patch your document.parser.class to fix it. Lookfor instructions from my first post in this thread. If you don’t want to patch the document parser and want to just wait for the next release of modx, you can copy-paste the content of the file I attatched to this post to the head of your template manually.

If you have patched the document.parser.class, but are still having problems, I’m guessing that you call the snippet in an uncached page with uncached snippet call, like [!MaxiGallery!] ? in this case, you have to change the call to be a cached call [[MaxiGallery]].

• 61 Posts
                    Quote from: doze at Apr 08, 2006, 09:44 AM

If you have patched the document.parser.class, but are still having problems, I’m guessing that you call the snippet in an uncached page with uncached snippet call, like [!MaxiGallery!] ? in this case, you have to change the call to be a cached call [[MaxiGallery]].
                    I have patched document.parser.class.inc.php. I changed to an uncached call, and that fixed most of the problems. I have still having a problem with the "popup" gallery type. Once the popup window opens, two things happen:

1. main window navigates back to root doc of site (that’s not the way it’s supposed to work, is it?)

2. image that should display in popup window is not found. When the URL is constructed for the image, it is appending assets/galleries/(galleryid)/(imagename) (where galleryid and imagename represent the folder created when images were uploaded and the name of the file) to the path to the doc with the snippet call instead of appending it to the root site url. In other words, if I have doc id 10 in a folder called "galleries", and I have a snippet call to MaxiGallery in doc id 10, the URL that is constructed for displaying the image in a popup window is

http://mysite.com/galleries/assets/images/10/myfile.jpg

instead of

http://mysite.com/assets/images/10/myfile.jpg

which is the correct location of the file.

I don’t know whether this is part of the issue, but, for my site, I have SEF URLs enabled, and I have also set "Rewrite Image Paths" to "yes".
                      Dave
                      • 1,495 Posts
                      Try using javascript:;, instead of # on your href link attribute. That’s the same issue with the old QuickEditor on 0.9.0, if I’m not mistaken.
                        Wendy Novianto
                        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.