We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    I’m using no FTP..
    Can you be so kind to explain for me why I need FTP and what is this exactly?
    And may be you know the place from where I can download it..
    ?
    I have a shity dial up connection.. undecided
    • Freelancer,

This is not intended to be a hurtful or offensive response, but I’m afraid that MODx is probably not a good solution for you. It is not a good fit for web novices (see my signature for an accurate description for whom it’s intended). Teaching the basics of web technology like FTP, or how to Google for "Cute FTP" is not something that is topical to MODx. I unfortunately don’t know where to tell you to go to learn the basics, but I’d start by visiting http://google.com/

The essential knowledge you can gain via searching to learn about fundamental basics apply not only to MODx, but also to pretty much any other open source software available. From your responses, you need to learn some very important skills before you jump into a comprehensive application like MODx. Medical students don’t start out doing open heart surgery on their first day of class, they have to master a lot of essential skills and learn a ton critical of critical information before they even begin to work on cadavers, much less a live human.

In the end, I have a feeling that you’re enthusiastically getting a bit ahead of yourself, and a solution like Dreamweaver that has lots of add-on documentation and books available might be a better starting point. Best of luck, and best regards!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 4,213 Posts
        As a side note to anyone wondering why this thread is not splitted, I’m going to lock it down after I get the beta version ready for the next release. To me it’s all the same if the discussion in this thread is actually in topic or not. The thread itself is already 22 pages long and I don’t think anyone is going to read the whole thread anymore anyways.. So no matter if the last pages are just nonsence. If someone really needs help with something, create another topic, but feel free to continue discussing here too while it lasts..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 31 Posts
          Great work!

Some wishes:
          - Would be nice to have a ZIP upload funtionality for larger galleries
          - A possibility to have childgalleries with lightbox functionality
            • 4,213 Posts
            the snippet should handle zip archives, but i admit that i’m not 100% sure if it works. You need to have zlib in php for it to work and long max execution time limit for php scripts. I’ll see what i can do about the childgalleries and lightbox. You mean that each child gallery would open in its own picture set in lightbox?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 4,213 Posts
              Ok, it was fun times, 324 replies in this topic.. lol. All good things must come to and end and I’m closing this topic up now grin

If you have any more support request for 0.4.1, start a new topic.

I would suggest to try the new betas when doing new galleries (or update old ones). They can do what 0.4.1 does and many bugs are fixed in those. But, I’m not of course saying that they would be totally bug free.. wink The more people start using it, the better I can find the bugs..

Also, If you have done some feature requests in this thread and do not find them from the MaxiGallery Trac, feel free to add new tickets.

Keep on rockin’!

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.