We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 156 Posts
    Hi folks. This module looks to have great potential, and I’ve had some success installing it, but there are a few problems that are preventing me from getting it working properly.

Using the [[Gallery]] snipet works just fine. A couple of css conflicts, but I can fix that. However, the Imageblock is giving me an error.

I have this call on one of my pages:
    [!ImageBlock? &itemId=`101`&blocks=`specificItem`&show=`title|date|views`!]

Which gives this error on the site:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /mnt/gs01/herd03/33105/domains/gravitoncity.com/html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(766) : eval()'d code on line 23

I notice on the edit document page, where the Gallery TV dropdown appears below the edit area, an error is also appearing:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /mnt/gs01/herd03/33105/domains/gravitoncity.com/html/manager/includes/tmplvars.commands.inc.php(60) : eval()'d code on line 1

The dropdown list for the Gallery TV on the edit document page is empty.

This is the value of the Input Options field for the Gallery TV:
    @EVAL =["base_path"].( ? :"assets/modules/gallery/"); include_once($path.'tv_albums.php'); return getAlbumsForTemplateVariable();

I am running Modx v0.9.6, Gallery module 1.1

This is the Gallery2 system information output:
    Gallery version = 2.2.4 core 1.2.0.6
    PHP version = 4.4.8 cgi-fcgi
    Webserver = Apache/2.0.54
    Database = mysqlt 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7, lock.system=flock
    Toolkits = ArchiveUpload, Exif, LinkItemToolkit, NetPBM, Gd
    Acceleration = none, none
    Operating system = Linux cl17 2.6.20.2-1 #8 SMP Tue Feb 12 07:11:48 PST 2008 i686
    Default theme = siriux
    gettext = enabled
    Locale = en_GB
    Browser = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
    Rows in GalleryAccessMap table = 7
    Rows in GalleryAccessSubscriberMap table = 4
    Rows in GalleryUser table = 2
    Rows in GalleryItem table = 4
    Rows in GalleryAlbumItem table = 1
    Rows in GalleryCacheMap table = 0 

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
      • 156 Posts
      Is anyone paying attention to this thread anymore? smiley
        • 177 Posts
        Quote from: neilcreek at Mar 09, 2008, 10:36 AM

Is anyone paying attention to this thread anymore? smiley

Sorry, I don’t have experience with the Gallery2 ImageBlock function.
          • 156 Posts
          Sorry to hear that, thanks anyway.

Is anyone else familiar with this? It surely seems like it would be a very popular module, and the parts that i’ve got working do a fantastic job! I just want to be able to use the gallery to store the images I put into the site and link to them with a snippet instead of having to hard code everything in with img tags.

I’ve read and re-read this and every related thread I can find, but my php knowledge is too poor to be able to make any sense of it all. I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.
            • 178 Posts
            I can also add I had difficulties with gallery tv, I changed it manually but i can’t recall what I did now, as i deleted the whole g2 stuff. I also changed manually tv_albums.php (I believe this a name of the file). The installer of module integration put wrong stuff in that place.

I must say I never used imageblock but changing g2 code I experienced a lot of syntax errors, mainly because of my mistakes changing code.

If you like, you can PM me.

Oooh! I gave up this g2 integration because g2 isn’t light application for my site. It was slow and that was really annoying.
              //Why use windows since there is a door?//
              • 156 Posts
              Thanks for the reply. I’m a big fan of G2, and I’ve been using it for years. I’ve never really noticed a significant performance problem.

If you have some suggestions to help me out with my problem, please share them here, rather than via PM. I’m sure there may be others who would like to know an answer to this problem, should it ever happen again in the future.

Can you recall what changes you made to tv_albums, and why, and if they helped? Is that related to the problem I’m having now?
                • 178 Posts
                I manually adjusted a few things. I don’t remember now what exactly, but I think I have somewhere last backup of files and db, so I give it a look in the evening.
                  • 156 Posts
                  Thanks for looking into this.

Has anyone else got any suggestions? From what I’ve read around the forums about similar errors, I think that maybe the snippet has an error in the coding somewhere?
                    • 178 Posts
                    I haven’t managed to find any backup copies, so I can’t help you at the moment.
                      • 40 Posts
                      Hello, I have problem .
                      I have WebloginPe snipets and Gallery2 integration.
                      When user try login in site , receive communique
                      Error while inserting event log into database.

Please for help.
                      ( sorry for my english :’( )