We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,205 Posts
    If you did an update this could be a problem with the smarty cache or some other gallery2 cache.

there is a support utility at ...path_to_gallery_installation/lib/support/index.php that allows you to clear/rebuild the cache files. I had a client call this morning with a blank page where the gallery used to be, it turned out to be an update that was installed automatically (they use fantastico). Once the cache was cleared it was resolved.
      [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
      Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
      • 178 Posts
      I did rebuild cache, but that did nothing. So I reinstalled plugin, and now it works. Just a few changes in a snippet code.

Thx.

salik
        //Why use windows since there is a door?//
        • 178 Posts
        And what should be a Gallery TV. The installer put sth like that into mine’s:
        @EVAL =["base_path"].( ? :"/"); include_once($path.’tv_albums.php’); return getAlbumsForTemplateVariable();

but when I am editing a document it complaints it’s wrong.

• 178 Posts
          I have also problem with synchronising users. I am using WebLoginPE, and when user registers I believe he/she should be automagically added to gallery users. That doesn’t work for me. How it shold work? Can someone tell me where shold I look for misconfiguration?
            • 178 Posts
            Quote from: salik at Feb 18, 2008, 03:36 PM

And what should be a Gallery TV. The installer put sth like that into mine’s:
            @EVAL =["base_path"].( ? :"/"); include_once($path.’tv_albums.php’); return getAlbumsForTemplateVariable();

but when I am editing a document it complaints it’s wrong.

ok. that’s fixed.
              • 178 Posts
              Does anybody know how to change .htaccess, when in emedded mode? I got g2 files installed in / of public_html.

Be gratefl for info.
                • 177 Posts
                Quote from: salik at Feb 19, 2008, 05:40 AM

Does anybody know how to change .htaccess, when in emedded mode? I got g2 files installed in / of public_html.

Be gratefl for info.

I have never had to make an .htaccess change to use Gallery2. I may be misinterpreting what you are asking, but if you installed Gallery2 in the root of your MODx install then, at a minimum, you overwrote your MODx index.php with the Gallery2 index.php. Normally I let Gallery2 install files in a /gallery2 directory which I think is the default.
                  • 178 Posts
                  the index.php of gallery isn’t necessary, I sometimes happen to think and i backuped (is that correct word?) files of modx installation that could have been overwritten. I installed gallery in / because that way i don’t have problems with paths to css and js, and some other things. The gallery run only in embeded mode. This way it works great, but I also need to have short links to clients albums so i need url rewriting.
                  When gallery creates it’s own rules it doesn’t overwrite the modx .htaccess, but apends it’s own rules above modx’s. Modx has got only 3 lines of rules and gallery has got two of them , so there stays only one to be put somewhere... i didn’t manage to do that anyway..

below is mine g2 .htaccess

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                      RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
                      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d [OR]
                      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} gallery\_remote2\.php
                      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/index\.php$
                      RewriteRule .   -   [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} (.+)
                      RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !g2_authorization=
                      RewriteRule .   %{REQUEST_URI}?g2_authorization=%1   [QSA]
                      RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} /d/([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)/([^/?]+)(\?.|\ .)
                      RewriteRule .   /main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=%1&g2_serialNumber=%2&g2_fileName=%3   [QSA,L]
                      RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} /v/([^?]+)(\?.|\ .)
                      RewriteRule .   /index.php?a=112&id=3&opcode=admin&g2_path=%1   [QSA,L]
                  </IfModule>

And here is mine modx .htaccess:

RewriteEngine On
                  RewriteBase /

# The Friendly URLs part
                  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
                  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
                  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

So as you can see there is only one line in modx .htaccess that is not in g2 .htaccess
                  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

• 177 Posts
                    There is an .htaccess file in my /gallery2 directories but they only have the following line:

php_value memory_limit 32M

I use my Gallery2 both embedded as well as standalone however I use/modify the templates that come with Gallery2. Wish I could be of more help.
                      • 178 Posts
                      you are using mod_rewrite? or the second one available? I started modyfying templates, but i do not have enough time for that kind of having fun sad Got to have project finished ASAP.

I see this forum doesn’t have to much life wink

I wish I could use maxi gallery but i need square thumbs and upload from WinXp via "public in web" (or sth like that, i don’t know how is it called in english) and MG doesn’t give me such an ability.