We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,097 Posts
    A goal for Gallery 2.2 is "No major API changes". On the one hand means that changing the MODx Module to cope with 2.1’s changes is worthwhile, but on the other it looks like the Module needs to change, not the main Gallery code.

This may sound an odd question, but with the unusual way that this has been posted (not by the module author), I must ask if Raymond Irving (xwisdom) intends to do further work on this module?
      No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
      MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
      Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
      Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
      Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
      MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
      • 1,131 Posts
      Quote from: PaulGregory at Jun 13, 2006, 05:42 PM

A goal for Gallery 2.2 is "No major API changes". On the one hand means that changing the MODx Module to cope with 2.1’s changes is worthwhile, but on the other it looks like the Module needs to change, not the main Gallery code.

This may sound an odd question, but with the unusual way that this has been posted (not by the module author), I must ask if Raymond Irving (xwisdom) intends to do further work on this module?

Yeah, the module code itself needs to be updated to take account for the new changes to the 2.1 API. Once that’s done, I think the module should be in better shape. Raymond has said that he’ll be working on it further but he’s been a bit backed up with other things. If myself or some of the other devs have time, we’ll definitely get busy on at least getting the API changes in there. Alot of work is being done to push MODx to an official 1.0 release so...well...you know how that goes! So much work, so little time! LOL!
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 2 Posts
        Yes, you were right. I was using the newest version of gallery2. It is working now.
        Thank you for the quick reply!
          • 356 Posts
          Gallery is a great tool for the major players who need more, I would not recommend Gallery for simplier needs it’s just too much a beast to handle for the majoirty of net users and can be difficult to setup. Having a simple setup is better taylored to MODX and good for everyone.
          KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID (KISS) tongue
          but since MODX prides itself being for the advanced and complexed geek then G2 is exactly the right place for MODX he he

Although the initial G2 setup entails more, once you do have it set up it should be no less difficult than the SMF board, I use G2 but consider it too much for my simple needs but others may find it perfect for what they need load 20,000 family photos to the internet for all the sick n twisted to browse rolleyes
            SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
            http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
            • 1,732 Posts
            Hi ,

It’s just a time issue with me at the moment but from where I stand I think it should be easy to follow the SMF bridge design to create something similar for the G2 bridge.

Once you can get the users synced then all should flow smoothly

xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
              • 135 Posts
              OK, G2.0.4 installed and running as I’ve expected in the past as standalone, no problem, installed this module and after following all the instructions got it to work correctly, however I’m having major path problems (I have friendly urls enabled in MODX).

None of the Gallery2 themes are inheriting the correct css paths and I can’t see any images in the embedded gallery. I know I had the same issues when using the gallery plugin for Wordpress.

Has anybody encountered the same problems and/or managed to get url rewrite to work with this Module? When I switch off url rewrites in Gallery this is an example of the url for going to an album:
              http://localhost/development/swellguys.co.za/index.php?id=268&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=10

Please help!!! embarrassed
                • 135 Posts
                Hmm kay, two minutes later it’s kinda working, emptied out all .htaccess files, cleared all cache, disable then reenabled friedly urls in Modx and it’s fine, gonna now activate url rewrites in Gallery 2 and see if it works...

OK, so url rewrites in Gallery2 are causing the error, any .htaccess wizards out there? Could it be the base rewrite path?

# BEGIN Url Rewrite section
                # (Automatically generated.  Do not edit this section)
                <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                    RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
                    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d [OR] 
                    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} gallery\_remote2\.php
                    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !main\.php
                    RewriteRule .   -   [L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} \ /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/admin/(\?.|\ .)
                    RewriteRule .   /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.SiteAdmin   [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} \ /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/show/(\?.|\ .)
                    RewriteRule .   /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem   [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} \ /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/show/([^?]+)(\?.|\ .)
                    RewriteRule .   /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_path=%1   [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} \ /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/d/([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)/([^\/]+)(\?.|\ .)
                    RewriteRule .   /development/swellguys.co.za/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=%1&g2_serialNumber=%2   [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

# END Url Rewrite section

Gonna keep experimenting and hopefully I can find a solution...
                  • 356 Posts
                  how to uninstall this mod ?
                    SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
                    http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
                    • 3,975 Posts
                    If I am right, you just need to disable module, after that if you like delete it. Though I didnt use it myself yet but it should be simple as described.

regards.
                      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                      • 1,732 Posts
                      You’re right on target Zi smiley
                        xWisdom
                        www.xwisdomhtml.com
                        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.