We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    As per instructions from Ryan Thrash, I am posting the MODx Module for Menalto Gallery 2, Gallery2 or G2, whichever you choose to refer to it as. This module requires an already configured installation of Gallery 2 (2.1.x is causing some problems at the moment, but 2.0.4 seems to work well in all my testing an production environments. This module, its installer, and the readme doc were created by Raymond Irving (xwisdom). I have done little more than test it as vigorously and extensively as possible. I will try to help with tech support as much as I can.

-sD-

Updates: Please see the link below for Gallery2 2.1.2, it requires you to have MODx 0.9.5.
    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,5077.msg78388.html#msg78388
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 135 Posts
      Wow!!! What an excellent way to start the new week, looking forward to testing this tonight!
        • 4,213 Posts
        Yes! Great to have this finally available as it has been requested alot, looks good! Gonna test it sometime..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 7,075 Posts
          Great news Scotty !

Though I have to admit, I have become a huge fan of MaxiGallery, it’s so flexible and sexy with AJAX grin Yet, Gallery2 can be useful when several people have to work on galleries and permissions have to be handled...

I’ll try to give it a run this week...
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 1,193 Posts
            I really believe that for a MODx user, MaxiGallery is supperior in most ways to G2. For anyone implementing a "new" image gallery on their site, I could not recommend anything other than MaxiGallery. I belive this module to be useful to those users with an existing G2 installation that is too large to efficiently transfer over to MaxiGallery. Anyone else should first take a good look at MaxiGallery.

later

-sD-
              Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
              All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
              • 3,975 Posts
              Welcome back Scotty! with a G2 laugh

Thanks for posting man!

best regards,

zi
                Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                • 187 Posts
                Quote from: ScottyDelicious at Jun 12, 2006, 03:45 PM

I really believe that for a MODx user, MaxiGallery is supperior in most ways to G2. For anyone implementing a "new" image gallery on their site, I could not recommend anything other than MaxiGallery. I belive this module to be useful to those users with an existing G2 installation that is too large to efficiently transfer over to MaxiGallery. Anyone else should first take a good look at MaxiGallery.

As being a fan of the G2, I can’t admit to that. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to start a big arguement and I really think that MaxiGallery is pretty awesome for it’s short development time! But G2 has to be more mature according to it’s devolopment time and the big development community. It has a very well defined plugin architecture (with lot’s of plugins available for features which were asked for in the MaxiGallery thread mentioned above - which is, btw. 16 pages long, thus not easy to work through) and core features I really appreciate much, like the possibility to use symlinks to pictures already on the server instead of uploading them again, just to mention one.

MaxiGallery seems better integrated at the moment to modx than G2, which is not astonishing ’cause it was developed for modx, I’m really looking forward to friendly URLs with G2 in modx smiley

MaxiGallery seems to be very hip at this time, personally I think because of it’s cool visual effects (i.e. Lightbox) - but as someone who looks first on accessability for as much users as possible javascript or AJAX on the user side is not sooo desirable wink - for example, none of the rich text editors in the backend works when browsing from within my companies network due to content filtering firewalls sad

But I never was a friend of the "one-tool-fits-all-strategy", so I think there are use cases for both tools. And if doze keeps up his excellent work, maybe one day MaxiGallery could become as mature as G2, which I really would like to see.

Cheers,
                Frisco
                  • 135 Posts
                  grin Hear Hear !!! I second that!
                    • 2 Posts
                    Hi,

When trying to acces the gallery2 admin module, I’ve get the following error:
                    Fatal error: Call to a memeber function isError() on a non-object in .......

The same when I try to acces the snippet on a page.

I think it has something to do with: Relative URL to Gallery from CMS
                    In : Edit module -> Relative URL to Gallery from CMS, what do I need to put there? From which directory do you mean?

thkx in advance,
                    Fred
                      • 1,131 Posts
                      Quote from: freeland at Jun 13, 2006, 10:12 AM

Hi,

When trying to acces the gallery2 admin module, I’ve get the following error:
                      Fatal error: Call to a memeber function isError() on a non-object in .......

The same when I try to acces the snippet on a page.

I think it has something to do with: Relative URL to Gallery from CMS
                      In : Edit module -> Relative URL to Gallery from CMS, what do I need to put there? From which directory do you mean?

thkx in advance,
                      Fred

You’re probably using the 2.1.1 version of Gallery. Unfortunately, that version won’t work because the 2.1 version introduced some changes to the API that breaks the module. You’ll need to download and install the 2.0.4 version from here (http://codex.gallery2.org/index.php?title=Gallery2:Download&oldid=8035).
                        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."