We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 187 Posts
    Quote from: Marschant at Jun 16, 2006, 07:13 PM

Hmm kay, two minutes later it’s kinda working, emptied out all .htaccess files, cleared all cache, disable then reenabled friedly urls in Modx and it’s fine, gonna now activate url rewrites in Gallery 2 and see if it works...

OK, so url rewrites in Gallery2 are causing the error, any .htaccess wizards out there? Could it be the base rewrite path?
    Gonna keep experimenting and hopefully I can find a solution...

Hi, did you get G2 working with friendly URLs? I’d like that too! smiley

I also have problems with the encoding on the user side, german umlaute are displayed wrong, i.e. Ä becomes ä - does anybody know how this can be fixed? Everything displays fine in the manager view of G2, it’s just the user side huh

Cheers!
      • 135 Posts
      I haven’t had much time lately but as of yet I’m still trying to get it to work, I’ll post here if I have any luck.
        • 16 Posts
        Can someone help me install this properly? Please!

I cannot find the modxfix.zip file as per the readme.doc instructions.

I have tried putting the install directory in the manager folder but that doesn’t work
        I have also tried putting it in the modx root folder.

No one elese seems to be having this problem so I must be doing something stupid, please help!

thanks in advance,

Angleo
          • 1,732 Posts
          Hi,

Here’s the MODx fix zip file. I believe the fixed files are a bit outdated so you might want to merge the fix with your current modx version.

To install the module you need to upzip the installation files and copy them to the root of your modxsite then run /install
            xWisdom
            www.xwisdomhtml.com
            The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
            MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
            • 16 Posts
            Thanks for the file xwisdom,

I was able to get it installed and working (sort of)

None of the pictures/icons seem to show on the backend or front end.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Site is at http://cedarroots.ca/index.php?id=13 to get to photo gallery.

I must have a path set wrong just need a break from staring at

thanks again for the help
              • 80 Posts
              Hi,
              Try to call the snippet with [!Gallery!]
              It worked for me smiley
                • 10 Posts
                Quote from: xwisdom at Jul 03, 2006, 03:25 PM

Here’s the MODx fix zip file. I believe the fixed files are a bit outdated so you might want to merge the fix with your current modx version.

Ok, dumb question - how does one "merge" this?? Any chance this change will be incorporated in the next release??
                  • 10 Posts
                  I get this when I use either [[Gallery]] or [!Gallery!]

« MODx Parse Error »
                  MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                  « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
                  Error: require_once(/embed.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
                  Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
                  File: /srv/www/htdocs/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code
                  Line: 20

I’ve been through the install, it looks like everything should be setup ok but clearly this path is fubar’ed...

advTHANKSance,
                  Eric
                    • 1,193 Posts
                    do you have friendly urls disabled in G2. I got that error, then I disabled FURLs in G2 and it went away.

-sD-
                      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                      • 1 Posts
                      Has there been an update on this? IE better documentation? patches?

I the path for all my images are not working..... here is a link...

http://www.djtransid.com/index.php?id=30