We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 138 Posts
    Oh nice ! I didn’t want to use ’Legacy’ like someting old, junky and redundant ! My fault.

And no, I can’t wait! laugh
      • 2,310 Posts
      MODx Evolution for the 0.9 branch ?
      • @bunk58 That sounds a little better.

You’ll all just have to wait an see. grin
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 138 Posts
          You said too much, so we try to find it now !

Now I will think about that all day long and names will bump in my head! ><

I’m so excited about Revolution, it’s really great job. Thanks again to all the team !
          • Who said too much? About what? About MODx? Never. What is MODx? Who are you? Where am I?

All in good time. All in good time...
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
            • Quote from: xpix at Jul 15, 2008, 06:04 PM

What is the sdk.
              It contains the API documentation generated with PHPDocumentor, and will contain some additional component developer resources in the near future.
              Quote from: xpix at Jul 15, 2008, 06:04 PM

Can I start using alpha-2.zip
              Please do and let us know how it goes...
              Quote from: BobRay at Jul 16, 2008, 01:07 AM

It seems a little late in the game to be making this change but I’m all for it, assuming that we beat the heck out of the alpha release to make it really bulletproof before it hits the general public.
              I wish we had done this sooner myself, but at least it’s done now and all we can do is push hard to the finish line...
              Quote from: Vait at Jul 16, 2008, 01:27 AM

don’t want to rush things but any ideas when a stable release will be available? Do you guys have milestones set and are they on the schedule?
              Our current Revolution milestones, if you must know them (I guess this is Open Source) tongue, are 15-30 days for beta, 45-60 days to RC, and 75-90 days to GA. Hopefully some more adventurous testers and contributors will appear on the scene and help us hit the lower side of those estimates or lower them even more... (hint, hint)
                • 138 Posts
                Maybe a stupid question, and maybe at the wrong place, but I don’t know where to put it.
                I’ll need to do a website within about 90 days and I need an advice (I don’t mind using a RC for this website) :
                Due to the fact I’ll need xPDO on this project (and I haven’t use it yet), should I wait for MODx Revolution or use MODx 0.9.6 + xPDO ?
                I mean : will it be easier to work with xPDO due to its integration within MODx Revolution or easier to work with 0.9.6+xPDO due to my current knowledge of MODx ?

I know this looks stupid, but I don’t want to start something I would massively change after.
                • Quote from: Pikachu at Jul 16, 2008, 03:24 PM

will it be easier to work with xPDO due to its integration within MODx Revolution or easier to work with 0.9.6+xPDO due to my current knowledge of MODx ?
                  IMHO, you will get farther faster going with 0.9.6+xPDO, and your xPDO work will not be in vain if/when you choose to transition the project to Revolution.
                  On the other hand, if you have the time to spend on learning Revolution and contribute to resolving any issues you come up against, it’s slightly riskier to your timeline, but you will be miles ahead of the game when the project is done.
                    Mike Schell
                    Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
                    Email: [email protected]
                    GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
                    Twitter: @mkschell
                    • 138 Posts
                    That’s what I thought. Thanks for clarifying it.

PS : Too bad I’m running out of time :s
                    MODx Team has smart guys, still none of you have made a time machine( or something to freeze time) ? laugh
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Quote from: Pikachu at Jul 16, 2008, 03:51 PM

MODx Team has smart guys, still none of you have made a time machine( or something to freeze time) ? laugh

I worked on one for a while, but accidentally left it on all night in the garage, and it never came back.
                        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com