We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 198 Posts
    don’t want to rush things but any ideas when a stable release will be available? Do you guys have milestones set and are they on the schedule?
      Pure MODx sites
      Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx
      • 98 Posts
      Conglaturations from Japanese Moderators!

We are so amazed to hear the anounce.

Cheers from Japan!
        • 53 Posts
        Whoa! Horray for some next step. I am absolutely amazed. Name is ok ;-) and I am sure people will like it after they run it. Awesome!
          • 283 Posts
          (sorry for my bad english)

Such a good idea, i think that modx is stable enough not to be ashame of such a name and can wear 2.0 without problems. I work at the moment with Drupal wich is in 6.3 version actually and i found somme little bugs (not awful but they are here) in some important modules (notation by stars, upload of image with resizing, views). I never encoutered that kind of things with modx with the main snippets; and never had to go to my ftp to copy/paste somme code to fix a bug with the 0.9.6.

If 0.9.7 achieve to be as stable as 0.9.6, it deserves the name you gave to it ! And of course he deserves it mainly because of what he is : today one of the best CMS I ever tried.

There is nothing to fear, modx can easily take the next step and show to people who he is without hiding under a name who makes think to people that he’s not yet finished. (0.9.6 ou.7, I mean)
            [url=http://www.savepoint.fr/index.php?id=38] -petits tuyaux pour les d
            • 75 Posts
            Sounds reasonable to rename it, since 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 is almost totally different in core and function.

Although, i think that the name revolution have been used a little to much.
            Keeps putting my mind towards the matrix, or a "cool" game for kids.

ModX Next 2.0 would sound better.

Im going to start building my first 0.9.7.. ehm, ModX Revolution 2.0 app next week.
            How stable is the code? Will i have to do a lot of re-writes later on or can i start building?
              • 285 Posts
              Well, I expect I’ll just call it MODx 2. grin Can’t be having with all these code names. I’m always confused by all the lions and tigers and leopards as it is.
              • Congratulations! laugh

you know that MODx is very very special and really revolution but it has a problem, it does nothing for advertising and introducing. it means many of MODx users have found it accidentally.

playing with minds is very good. MODx is stranger with it but this change is a great step,
                REVOLUTION is an interested name for a version and is a temptation for new users to at least read the features and it make MODx users renew their MODx version who don’t like to renew anything and make developers to migrate to new version developing.

if you see your user’s minds and aim it well, you should be ready for many new active users!
                i had told this words one years ago but it seems no one likes and believes the miracle of psychology tricks....
                summary, this news make me very happy and i hope it gets a first step! smiley

thanks
                AHHP
                  God loves me. 【ツ】

MODX.ir (Persian Support)

Boplo.ir/modx/ (Persian)
                • Hi All,

I know the name is controversial but once the official announcement of the plans for MODx come it will be very clear as to the choice of the name Revolution.

For devs you are all more than welcome to call the 0.9.7 branch (now Revolution) to call it MODx 2.0.0 as in the spirit of PHP and other open source projects it is the same kind of major step between what was 0.9.6 and 0.9.7. Never mind the challenge of getting people to accept a sub 1.0 release as a mature application.

We certainly appreciate the feedback and anyone who has ideas about promoting MODx is welcome to do so. We love help and we love to share MODx with the world.

Cheers,

Jay
                    Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                    • 138 Posts
                    I really like this name and agree with the "We are 100% buzzword compliant ! " wink
                    MODx Revolution sounds cool (for the code, and the name is a consequence of it ! ). Yeah, even if it sounds like a codename for a video game console...

Why not changing "MODx 0.9.6" in future releases by also adding a name ?
                    I read "MODx Classic 0.9.6" but I rather prefer "MODx Legacy 0.9.6" or even "Legacy 9.6" where Legacy stands for 0, and Revolution for... whatever ! wink

So, one thing : nice name and nice job. It seems for me logical that MODx was the most promising open source CMS !
                    • @Pikachu there is a name for 0.9.6 branch to be released later this week or early next. We ruled out Legacy as in the coding world, legacy can imply old, redundant, cobwebs in the core and junky. Just think of the legacy support in Windows? Who really needs to run 3.1 apps in Vista? DOS?

The new name will make significant sense when you see it. Just wait...if you can.
                        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub