We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Where’s the correct place to post questions about Revolution? I just tried installing the new beta (modx-2.0.0-beta-1) for a fresh new install. I see that stuff is making it into the database (e.g. templates, documents), but I can’t find them after that... the error log is showing a lot of messages with bits like this:
        [2] => Table 'revo.register_queues' doesn't exist

Was that table supposed to be created? It’s not in my database...

I don’t want to inundate this thread if it isn’t the correct place to post, but I’d love to evaluate this release.

I’m running this on CentOS 5, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5
    • Quote from: Everett at Jun 13, 2009, 12:00 AM

I’m running this on CentOS 5, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5
      Yes, it should have been created; it sounds like this might be a problem with your version of PHP; 5.1.6 just happens to have some pretty serious bugs in it’s PDO layer, which all of 2.0.0 (Revolution) uses for database access. I would highly suggest upgrading to the latest 5.2 release if you can.
      • Thanks Jason... I just ran yum update.... but I guess 5.2 isn’t in my yum repo. Oh, the joys of package management...
          • 1,336 Posts
          PHP 5.2 is in the testing repo for Centos, you need to enable this repo. Although its in testing lots of people including myself have used this. I believe from the Centos forums its on the verge of being moved into the mainstream repos as its had no major bugs found during its testing phase.
            Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
            • 58 Posts
            Quote from: OpenGeek at Jun 10, 2009, 10:15 PM

Quote from: heimdall at Jun 10, 2009, 09:17 PM

I have a weird situation where I can do a fresh installation without any problems but if I try and so an upgrade from revolution it passes all the checks and connects with the databse but the second I hit the install button I get a big Error 500: Internal server error message "A fatal application error has been encountered" message. Has anybody else witnessed this? Any workarounds.

BTW I am running this via xampp on my Windows XP Pro computer
            Details heimdall? What package/release are you using? What options are you selecting on the installation mode page (where you select New vs. Upgrade)? What version of XAMPP?

MODX 0.9.6.1p2
            Latest version of XAMPP
            I’m selecting to do an upgrade, it find the database and passes all the checks fine.