We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 354 Posts
    Quote from: eagleshout at Aug 17, 2006, 05:05 PM

It’s also interesting to me that they’re NOT providing much in the way of reporting the current results. Hmmm. I’ll leave it at that!
    Note that during the current nomination stage the count does not matter that much (though they probably will have a treshold-number of some sort deciding if the cms is going to be nominated or not).

When the time has come for the visitors to place their actual vote, they might handle it more publicly. But well i agree that we can’t be sure about this being serious I guess.
      • 4,213 Posts
      Quote from: MrDutchy at Aug 17, 2006, 08:36 PM

Note that during the current nomination stage the count does not matter that much (though they probably will have a treshold-number of some sort deciding if the cms is going to be nominated or not).

September 4 | Final Five Announced
      The five Content Management Systems with the most nominations will go forward to the voting stage.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 7,075 Posts
        Eagleshout, you never entirely can (be sure) of what is going on in the background.

I agree things are a bit opaque, and rules are not that clear too (for instance, how do they weigh the judges votes compared to the users vote, in stage two ?). Also, how do I know if a judge knows someone from the dev team of such or such CMS... but hey that’s not the Pulitzer or Nobel Prize either...

I don’t know who won previous years, but anyway Packt has one merit : this company gives 8000 $ total to opensource projects, and that’s quite a good thing... we should definitely take our chances there ! (and we are)

I hope they are open to innovation and not too influence by rep (Joomla or Drupal sure have built a rep over time, and a wide user base too), we sure have a lot to offer in terms of flexibility be it content wise or design wise, compared to the competition...
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 3 Posts
          I don’t have my Modx site up yet but I went ahead and voted. Modx shows more promise that anything else I looked at recently.
            • 28 Posts
            David,

You bring up some valid points I wasn’t aware of. I’ll definitely be casting a vote for MODx if it’s not too late.
              • 7,075 Posts
              @Eagleshout : It’s not smiley You can still vote !

@Shaun : Welcome to MODx and thanks for the vote of confidence, I am quite sure you’ll see that MODx is an incredibly flexible tool to build websites smiley

MODx est l'outil id
                • 1 Posts
                OK, and one more.

Joris.
                  • 7,075 Posts
                  Just came accross an info that Packt was publishing "Building Responsive Web Applications with AJAX and PHP", maybe an indication that they would not look down on a web application shipping with script.aculo.us for their award ?

Well, it’s a bit far fetched but you never know tongue

MODx est l'outil id
                    • 90 Posts
                    +1 vote from me, for the following reason:

I have worked with a number of CMSs, varying in size and complexity. MODx quickly became my favourite because it’s quick to learn, conceptually sound, easy to customise and enhance, makes it easy to produce standards complient web sites, and probably most importantly for an Open Source project has a vibrant and helpful community.

I know sod all about Packt Publishing. They could be gathering these nominations for all kinds of reasons. Perhaps they’re researching something, like which CMS is popular enough to write a new book about. Who cares? I didn’t give away any personal information, all I did was let it be known that I was a fan of MODx. What’s the worst that could happen? rolleyes ...
                      • 7,075 Posts
                      Quote from: steph at Aug 23, 2006, 02:35 PM
                      I have worked with a number of CMSs, varying in size and complexity. MODx quickly became my favourite because it’s quick to learn, conceptually sound, easy to customise and enhance, makes it easy to produce standards complient web sites, and probably most importantly for an Open Source project has a vibrant and helpful community.

Nicely put !
                      I guess this will join the testimony list if you don’t mind grin

MODx est l'outil id

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.