We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Packt Publishing is giving away $10,000 USD to open source CMSes and MODx deserves to be a part of that. laugh

The Packt Open Source Content Management System Award is designed to encourage, support, recognize and reward an Open Source Content Management System (CMS) that has been selected by a panel of judges and visitors to www.PacktPub.com.

If you’re a fan of a particular CMS or if you’re part of a CMS project team, then we’re looking for your nominations. We want to compile a list of open source Content Management Systems that will be put forward to win $5,000 and the title of Packt Open Source CMS, 2006. The five CMS’s that receive the most nominations will go forward to the final round. First runner-up and second runner-up will not go away empty handed, taking away $3,000 and $2,000 respectively.

Please nominate MODx CMS today: www.packtpub.com/nominations

additional details
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 788 Posts
      the Nomination link above should be:

http://www.packtpub.com/nominations

Nominations gave me an empty page wink
        xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
      • thanks smiley
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 204 Posts
          +2 - hopefully the larger communities of the less deserving old fashion out dated crud management systems won’t throw their weight around and spam the nominations.

• 155 Posts
            The other CMS’s don’t have a chance laugh
              ...my Photo Gallery on Flickr...
              • 177 Posts
              +1 ModX
                • 48 Posts
                MOdx has my vote
                  • 1,010 Posts
                  Perhaps worth a mention on the homepage? I saw they have a number of icons/ banners available on their site.
                    • 51 Posts
                    +1 again.
                      • 577 Posts
                      +1

basically ---
                      for the people, by the people

I really love Modx and wince when I think back to older days with other systems but to be honest I’d rather be known as a community that is for the people by the people who live up to the open source ethic of making a fully useful (nothing that has been watered down) application that still has a way of making people money too.

I truely belive that Modx should hold to a vision, values and mission that is based on people "us" and that the application (modx) belongs to "us". Without "us" there is no "modx"!

I’m not saying that Modx shoud be some utopian communist model -- far from it, the develpers and the end user should be able to find a way to make some cash off of it! However, it should remain free -- not free as beer because you still need to be that 6-pack!

Let’s hope that all of these votes are voting for the people here and not just because Modx (the code) rocks!
                        Tangent-Warrior smiley

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.