We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    Not at all smiley

Which testimony list?
      • 90 Posts
      Just found an interview about the comp, between Mayank Sharma of NewsForge and Damian Carvill, the marketing manager at Packt.

http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/25/198236&from=rss
        • 4,213 Posts
        @David
        Yea.. what testimony list? I’ve seen you talking about marketing package, testimonies and the lot on many threads.. Is this something for your personal use or are you doing some public marketing pack? And if public, when it’s expected to be seen? I’ve seen Ryan’s blog post what he did while ago, titled something like "looking back and forward" with some list of example sites that are done with modx, but I’d like to see what you have gathered by time, because you’ve been around long time and like I said, I’ve seen you talking about your "marketing pack" many many times..

If there would be that much discussed wiki, it would be great to just collect things like this to there.. and links to great looking sites etc. "success stories". When people are coming to check out what can be done with modx and how it compares to whatever, it would be good to have a page where to link them to view something "concrete" what can be done with modx and what people thinks about it (pros and cons).

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 7,075 Posts
          Quote from: doze at Aug 23, 2006, 03:22 PM
          @David. Yea.. what testimony list? I’ve seen you talking about marketing package, testimonies and the lot on many threads.. Is this something for your personal use or are you doing some public marketing pack? And if public, when it’s expected to be seen? I’ve seen Ryan’s blog post what he did while ago, titled something like "looking back and forward" with some list of example sites that are done with modx, but I’d like to see what you have gathered by time, because you’ve been around long time and like I said, I’ve seen you talking about your "marketing pack" many many times..

Actually, I have been around for less than a year tongue

Yes that’s true, I have been gathering testimonies for a while, they’re "stored" in the project team forum.
          It might be time to have this raw material turned into something more polished and public smiley

About a "marketing package", there is none actually. I just have written an article about MODx on a french website that I have translated and improved, but not yet published anywhere.

"Looking back and forward" is indeed an amazing post, and it’s part of what you can use to make a presentation of MODx.
          There is also a video from Banzai, but I don’t remember the url... I’ll look for that.

But the most efficient of all marketing material is MODx itself : nothing does the trick quite like a MODx demo grin
          I have seen it time and again, selling services based upon MODx, it works quite well.

The rest is sugar coating, but you’re right I’ll get you some sugar to go along with your MODx distro smiley

Quote from: doze
          If there would be that much discussed wiki, it would be great to just collect things like this to there.. and links to great looking sites etc. "success stories". When people are coming to check out what can be done with modx and how it compares to whatever, it would be good to have a page where to link them to view something "concrete" what can be done with modx and what people thinks about it (pros and cons).

That’s a great idea. I love the idea of success stories, it’s been suggested once or twice and it’s been running through my head lately...

About the wiki, yes it could a way to do it.

Another is creating and maintaining something like txpmag for MODx (modxmag ?). Multiple contributors would be great, a wiki space could easily be set up (but maintaining is another story...).

I’ll post something in the Discussion and Suggestion forum soon smiley

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 28 Posts
            Quote from: davidm at Aug 23, 2006, 04:26 PM

Another is creating and maintaining something like txpmag for MODx (modxmag ?). Multiple contributors would be great, a wiki space could easily be set up (but maintaining is another story...).
            I’ll post something in the Discussion and Suggestion forum soon smiley

"maintaining"

In the short time I’ve been here, I’ve seen many ideas listed regarding marketing, education, examples, tutorials, you name it. The way I see it, if the MODx dev team doesn’t have time for these pursuits, or doesn’t want a direct connection to this type of service, that’s fine. It will however get developed elsewhere by some enterprising soul in the same way "ruby" and others have their spinoffs and upstarts. We could all mention loads of zines that have been developed outside the arena of the platforms and technologies they endorse or support.

"If I acquire a new gadget which has the ability of turning an ordinary mat into a magic carpet ride, but can’t find the appropriate incantation in the user manual, I’m not going to appreciate my new gadget, even if it were free!"

I keep asking myself, why anyone in this community would want folks (who could truly benefit from this framework,) to get discouraged because of nested support or kluge documentation. From my perspective, the dev team is accessible, the community is supportive (and generous in sharing solutions,) but a crucial fact remains evident here. It takes time to get familiar with where to find the most appropriate info for a particular MODx solution. Much of the most relevant info is nested in the forums.

From a marketing standpoint, this is unfortunate because after you’ve been dazzled by the demo and the painless install, then a new convert wants to get down to business. That’s why I feel more emphasis should be placed on the accessibility of MODx’s "modular" solutions and the organization of current documentation (there’s some valuable gems being contributed by the community.)

If a MODx zine were to take shape I would be interested in a participating role. I would suggest putting out the call for suggestions from existing users regarding the most valued features a MODx zine should contain, then solicit for volunteer editors to gather/manage the content. Then get it going!!!!
              • 3 Posts
              [move]+1 for MODx!
              [/move]
              wink
                .: MaxiK :.
                • 372 Posts
                Go MODx, you guys (and girls) deserve the recognition for all the hard work behind the scene !

+15 from me, ok only +1 but would give more if it was allowed smiley
                  [img]http://www.emanz.ac.nz/assets/images/logo/emanz-icon_16x16.gif[/img] Emergency Management Academy of New Zealand [br] http://www.emanz.ac.nz[br][br]MODx Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle [br]
                  Admin Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle
                  • 1,097 Posts
                  Nominations have closed, and on Monday we’ll find out whether MODx beat the more established and more well-known CMSes to get into the Top 5.

Thanks to everyone who nominated MODx!
                    No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                    MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                    Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                    Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                    Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                    MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
                    • 7,075 Posts
                    Given the number of communities who have raised votes during the nomination phase, I think this will be tough... but if we do make it to the second round our chances are good to be in the best 3... cross your fingers !
                      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                      • 1,097 Posts
                      Well, we didn’t make it.

After six weeks and registering almost twelve thousand nominations, the Open Source CMS Award finalists can be revealed. The following final five received the most public nominations during the course of the six weeks and are listed in alphabetical order:
                      * Drupal
                      * e107
                      * Joomla
                      * Plone
                      * Xoops

URLs (pretty much just add .org to each name)
                      http://drupal.org/
                      http://e107.org
                      http://www.joomla.org
                      http://plone.org/ (the only one I’d not heard of; based on Zope)
                      http://www.xoops.org/
                      although none appear to have the news yet.
                        No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                        MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                        Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                        Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                        Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                        MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.