We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    Quote from: Carsten at Jan 27, 2007, 12:10 PM

Haven’t downloaded yet but I was wondering if you were using WEBKIT to preview the pages and such?
    Then you’d be able to shift away from using a browser completely when working on modx sites smiley
    Quote from: rthrash at Jan 27, 2007, 02:19 PM

He is Carsten. smiley
    Yep... I is.
    Using webView (in the WebKit.framework) for the preview and the RTE.

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist.
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
    • 0.4 - on startup, get an error "The variable cmdcrtl is not defined (-2753)"

Can’t connect, no matter what I click on. No "Refresh" in sight.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 1,193 Posts
        Quote from: sottwell at Jan 27, 2007, 03:29 PM

0.4 - on startup, get an error "The variable cmdcrtl is not defined (-2753)"

Can’t connect, no matter what I click on. No "Refresh" in sight.

There are two popup menus on the document list window. One for the sort order, and one for creating a new doc by choosing a parent.  The sort order popup gets saved as a preference, and since it is tied to preferences, if you already have a "org.piratemachine.cmdctrl.plist" file in your /Users/~YOURUSERNAME~/Library/Preferences/ folder, it will look for the setting in there. This is a new setting, so it won’t find it and it will generate an error and set the popup button’s title to blank. Try setting it to "id" before hitting the connect button.

2nd option... trash the file "org.piratemachine.cmdctrl.plist" and restart the app.  This "SHOULD" pop open the preferences tab right away now. After you fill out your details and close the prefs window, but before you click connect, select a sort by option.

Let me know if that solves it.

I need to work some end user visible logs into the app some how. maybe in a drawer attached to the document list.

-sD-
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• Deleted the plist file, deleted everything, uploaded and unzipped again, dragged the app to Applications, ran the app. Got the same cmdctrl not defined error, the spinning image is already visible, and as soon as I click on one of the options it tries to connect, even before I hit the connect button.

This is exactly what I get on first running a new clean installation.
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 577 Posts
            He is Carsten? LOL
            I is he ... yep smiley

Ok, guys stop picking on me tongue

This since this is going to cause a big stir in the mac community !
            Finally, a site that is mac friendly !!!
              Tangent-Warrior smiley
              • 1,193 Posts
              @ Susan: After I uploaded 0.0.4 I downloaded it and ran it and got the same error you are talking about. I found that as I had been writing and testing it in debug mode (opposed to release mode) that there were objects in the Documents window that I was referencing incorrectly. I fixed it and reuploaded, but I did not check to see if it had been downloaded by more than one person (me). I am confused because I couldn’t recreate this error again, so I don’t know if you got it before I posted the fix (same file name) but I will download the attached file again when I get home and do some more checks.

Thanks for the error report.

@Carsten: I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to pick on you. I was just responding to Ryan’s post. To answer your original question in a grammatically correct fashion; You are correct, I am indeed using webView (a custom view of WebKit.framework) for the preview window so that the default browser does not need to be launched just to look at the page rendered. I was also making a note that I am using another instance of the same type of view (webView) for the Rich Text Editor so that HTML is renedered in an approxomate manner as would be expected in a users browser, much like TinyMCE or FCKEditor.

-sD-

• 1,193 Posts
                Is anyone else (of the 7 of you who have downloaded 0.0.4 so far) getting the error:
                "The variable cmdcrtl is not defined (-2753)"

-sD-

• 42 Posts
                  I receive this error when clicking on connect
                  "The variable sortBy is not defined (-2753)"

[Edit] ok, i set the sortBy to Id and it works.

I’ve found a typo in the page setting tab: Conainter -> Container
                    [b]Benoit Deziel[b]
                  • Just tried out the latest version - had one error message:
                    http://mysite.com/cmdctrl.php got an error: Transport error (-916)
                    I found this was due to the fact that I’m running PHP4 and it was having a few problems with the referencing (the use of the ampersand) on line 291 of cmdctrl.php - I removed the ampersand and it all works okay now grin

I had the sortBy error also but that was rectified in the same manner as openfire3 did.

EDIT: My fix above to cmdctrl.php seems to have stopped the tree showing multiple levels (ie. I only get the top level of my doc tree) - I’ll look into it, should be easy enough to sort out.
                      Garry Nutting
                      Senior Developer
                      MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                      Twitter: @garryn
                      Web: modx.com
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      Quote from: garryn at Jan 28, 2007, 11:30 PM

EDIT: My fix above to cmdctrl.php seems to have stopped the tree showing multiple levels (ie. I only get the top level of my doc tree) - I’ll look into it, should be easy enough to sort out.
                      If you can get the getNodes function to work without pass by reference, that would be killer... and I would probably kiss you! embarrassed

Quote from: openfire3 at Jan 28, 2007, 10:16 PM

I’ve found a typo in the page setting tab: Conainter -> Container
                      That is funny! Taint a big deal, but taint gonna be in the next release thanks to your spell checking wizardry! LOL, thanks man.

-sD-