We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    Pleas post bug reports for WebloginPE 1.3.0 here.

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist DFPA.
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 2,204 Posts
      mm ok but will this not be again a big topic?

why not dividing this sub in 2 subs again one for request and one for bugs?

Dimmy
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • 2,204 Posts
        1. another thing I noticed is when I change the password it is not save ok I can not login using the new pasword i set in edit profile,
        2. &service=forgot does not work. it send me to the error page (only when frienly url is off or index.php?id=id is used then an extra? is used so probebly my fould that i used index.php?id= on a site where frienly urls are on)
        3. trying to set a new pasword I get the mail the link is working but when i enter the new password i get this error "Your fields do not match. Please try again." and i see the login screen instead of the fill in you password fields. I retyped the newpassword like 10 times alway’s the same error.
        4. the date of birth (dob) is not saved.

greets Dimmy
          • 2,204 Posts
          mm somehow nothing is saved anymore ahhh I am getting nuts!!!

I replaced all files (deleted old uploaded new) and still the same results caching is off i swithed of caching in ff all same results.

man this is frustrating.
          Dimmy
            • 1,193 Posts
            Turn FURLs on and see if it works. If it works with FURLs on, then I have a starting point, otherwise I have no idea why you are having so many troubles.

Post back here with your results when FURLs are on.

I registered at the site you gave me in a PM and nothing in the profile would work. I really think it is a FURLs problem.

-sD-
              Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 1,193 Posts
              Yeah Dimmy... You have bigger problems than just WebLoginPE bugs.
              I turned FURLs OFF on my local site and it worked just fine.

Can anyone else describe problems with data not being saved on the profile page?

Dimmy is a good guy, let’s help him figure this out. wink

-sD-

• 2,204 Posts
                mm furl are on now but same problem i will edit the call so no options are used.
                  • 229 Posts
                  @Dimmy,

Are you doing this locally or online server? I had the problem also with information not being saved, and the furls was an issue that ScottyD helped me fix. I posted about it here:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,17359.msg114119.html#msg114119

Also, one problem that I ran into was I was using [+user.whatever+] in the profile editor portion, when I think it needed [+post.whatever+], if I remember correctly... I’ll double check my code in a few and let you know. Check out those couple of things and see if they help.

UPDATED: It should be [+user.whatever+] as that is what works in my code. As for the FURL’s issue, not sure... I’ll keep checking here on my end. I think there was an issue however if furls were off that it was putting the "?" in place of an "&" but don’t know if that is an issue or not. Check this post:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,17359.msg113693.html#msg113693
                    • 35 Posts
                    Updated to 1.3.0 and I am still having the following problem:

When sending a message from the:

http://x.com/modx/096/members.html?service=viewprofile&username=test2

page. The message is emailed out, however there is no subject or message in the email message. Here is what I received thru email:

Where you see an "x" below has been altered, I don’t feel this is necessary info?
                    Return-Path: <[email protected]>
                    Delivered-To: [email protected]
                    Received: (x); 17 Sep 2007 22:32:32 -0000
                    Delivered-To: [email protected]
                    Received: (x); 17 Sep 2007 22:32:32 -0000
                    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin x.x.x (2007-08-08) on x.x.com
                    X-Spam-Level: **
                    X-Spam-Status: No, score=2.6 required=5.0 tests=AWL,EMPTY_MESSAGE,
                    	MISSING_SUBJECT,TVD_SPACE_RATIO autolearn=disabled version=3.2.3
                    X-Virus-Scan: Scanned by ClamAV x.x.x (no viruses);
                      Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:32:32 -0700
                    Received: from x.x.com (x.x.x.x)
                      by x.x.com with ESMTP; 17 Sep 2007 22:32:32 -0000
                    X-Originating-IP: x.x.x.x
                    Received: from x.x.com (localhost [x.x.x.x])
                    	by x.x.com (x.x.x/x.x.x) with ESMTP id x
                    	for <[email protected]>; Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:25:37 -0700 (PDT)
                    	(envelope-from [email protected])
                    Received: (from httpd@x)
                    	by x.x.com (x.x.x/x.x.x/Submit) id x;
                    	Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
                    	(envelope-from httpd)
                    To: [email protected]
                    Subject: 
                    X-PHP-Script: x.com/modx/096/index.php for x.x.x.x
                    Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:25:32 -0700
                    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
                    X-Priority: 3
                    X-Mailer: PHPMailer [version x.x]
                    MIME-Version: 1.0
                    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
                    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Any ideas?
                    Thanks,
                    Mark
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      Quote from: cobnet at Sep 18, 2007, 07:14 PM

Updated to 1.3.0 and I am still having the following problem:

When sending a message, the message is emailed out, however there is no subject or message in the email message.

Any ideas?
                      Thanks,
                      Mark

Ah, yes.
                      Mark, I apologize, I did not spend much time on that service this release. I think it has potential, but in it’s current incarnation... it sucks.

I am working out the details of having WebLoginPE create another table for messaging where users would be able to send and receive PM’s from other users which are stored in the database. Of course an email would be sent notifying the user of a new message, but they would go to your site and log in to check it rather than deal with direct email communication between users.

+----------+---------+-------+--------+------+---------+
                      |  internalKey  |  senderKey  | subject  |  message  | is_new  |  is_replied  |
                      |         3           |         18       | Hello     | You Rock! |  1 or 0  |     1 or 0    |

-sD-