We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 43 Posts
    I’ve spent countless hours on this issue and have read every post stating to change sessions paths, etc... I’ve done this and it didn’t work.

This seamed to happen on 2.0.5 after I added two users and change the admin user name. Shortly after I couldn’t log back in and I’ve been redirected to the login page ever since. I’ve downloaded 2.0.6 and ugraded the install and still no resolution.

I’ve tried deleting all the files under the cache folder, removing all the records under the _session table, tried different browsers and different computers, completed emptied local cache, everything I could think of....

I’m on a Godaddy Deluxe Linux Server, PHP 5, can’t set PHP_Value’s in htaccess so all has to be done in .ini, don’t have the luxury of restarting the server.

Please help. And please also don’t tell me to change hosts, that’s not what I want to hear, I’ve had modx installed on a few godaddy servers without issue until now.
      • 24,544 Posts
      I assume that you’ve already tried deleting all the files in core/cache directory and clearing your browser cache and cookies. Try that first if you haven’t already.

You could try the trick listed here for when you’re locked out (near the bottom of the page):

http://bobsguides.com/modx-newbie-faq.html

While you’re in the DB, double check the admin user’s username and active status (should be 1) in the modx_users table.

In the modx_user_attributes table, the role should be 1 and blocked should be 0;

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 43 Posts
        Thank you, BobRay. I have tried those solutions as well. I’m actually not locked out. If you look in sessions table I’m actually logged in, the page just doesn’t redirect. The user tables look pretty good. I’ve compared them to a working copy of MODX. I’ve deleting all the files under cache several times.

There is one thing I don’t have control of and that seems to be the session save folder on godaddy. If only I could restart the server/instance I’m on and see if that helps. Maybe the sessions are full as previous post say that have this problem. Setting the session.save path doesn’t seem to work on godaddy.

Something must have went wrong when creating those user accounts and changing my admin name, cause that’s the exact time this started to happen.
          • 4,149 Posts
          Is session.auto_start on in your php.ini?
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 43 Posts
            I’ve tried it each way as shown below:

Set session.auto_start = 1
            Set session.auto_start = 0

session.auto_start = 1
            session.auto_start = 0
              • 43 Posts
              session.auto_start = 1
              The above gives me a blank white page after login

session.auto_start = 0
              The above just redirects back to login.

I also found I had a few issues with my php.ini in that the one I created wasn’t named php5.ini so it wasn’t being picked up by GoDaddy. I set the session save path and timeout and still back to the same issue. It seems I may have got a little bit farther in setting session.auto_start = 1 or caused another problem all together.

Please help! smiley
                • 43 Posts
                I’m starting to think there is either a Package or Database settings that are causing this issue.

I installed a fresh DB under a sub directory called "test" and manger works fine.

It would be great if I could just move my resources, chunks, TVs, snippets, etc to this new database and start from scratch. Is there an easy way to do this or would you know of some database record updates I could do to test if a Package is causing this or anything else you can think of ? huh
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  Did you install modActiveDirectory by chance?
                    shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                    • 43 Posts
                    No I didn’t
                      • 43 Posts
                      I’m going through phpMyadmin side by side in both DBs and manually exporting and running SQL inserts statements. It’s going rather well.

The only tables I seem to really need are the _Category and _site tables. I’m going through package management and installing all of the packages I had/want now. All still seems to be working.

Since I really didn’t use Quip, Gallery or any other Package that need records in mySQL I don’t think I need to move anything more.

All I need to do now is Install the packages I downloaded, adjust the system settings and start testing. After this I’m going to backup both DBs for good measure and restore my new DB to the old and copy these new files over existing in my website root.

Fingers crossed! smiley