We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 43 Posts
    That worked! I hope this post helps someone. I’m not too sure what the issue was, but it’s gone now. By the way, I reverted all my changes to php.ini and .htaccess files. It’s back to a basic install which I pretty much had before.
    • This has been so frustrating to me in the past. For over a year now I’ve been trying to give revolution a proper test drive and every single time I end up giving up after a couple of weeks. This is the third time I find myself locked out of the system as described by this user. I have tried opening threads about the issue before but still no resolution.

I had my test website up and running for about two weeks, and just today when I went to login I came up with the same lockout problem... No error msg, nothing. It just wont login. I have tried just about all the solutions documented, editing the DB table manually and so on, still no results, I am locked out.

I have tried the php settings as well, nothing. I have also deleted cache files, nothing. I downloaded firefox and tried to login (to make sure it wasnt a local browser issue) and same problem.

I really like the work that has been done on revo but it has been so frustrating that I have not been able to use on any actual website due to this problem.

I’ve been using modx for 5 years or so now, so I am not new to its structure.

Any other pointer is greatly appreciated.

Jose R. Lopez
        • 24,544 Posts
        Quote from: redstormj at Feb 16, 2011, 09:03 PM

This has been so frustrating to me in the past. For over a year now I’ve been trying to give revolution a proper test drive and every single time I end up giving up after a couple of weeks. This is the third time I find myself locked out of the system as described by this user. I have tried opening threads about the issue before but still no resolution.
        Is this a fresh install?

Did you do a fresh download of MODx each time and upload it to an empty directory?

Have you looked here:

http://bobsguides.com/modx-installation-faq.html

and here:

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Troubleshooting+Installation

Do you know what your memory_limit is set to?

Can you provide this information?

Please state all of your Environment information in your post: Version of MODx, Traditional or Advanced distribution (for Revo), Server OS, Server Version, PHP Version, MySQL Version (client and server), is pdo_mysql installed, your Browser type and version, if you are using any opcode caching such as eAccelerator, APC, winCache, xCache, etc; any relevant errors in core/cache/logs/error.log, and any other environment data we should know. We can’t help you without that information
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 43 Posts
          Yes, it was always a fresh install to an empty directory. memory was set to 64. Yes, I went to the links you’ve mentioned.

It seems the best resolution was the fresh install and migrate the tables I’ve referenced below from an export of the production database. I was surprised how easy a migration could be!

-RJ
          • Yes, this one is a fresh install on a fresh server.

I have seen both links before and followed instructions on both.

memory_limit	128M	128M

Version of MODx: MODX Revolution 2.0.7-pl Traditional
            Server OS: Ubuntu
            Server Version: 10.04 LTS
            PHP Version:PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7ppa5~lucid1
            MySQL Version: 5.5.8
            is pdo_mysql installed: yes PDO Driver for MySQL enabled Client API version 5.1.41
            your Browser type and version: Safari 5.0.3
            if you are using any opcode caching such as eAccelerator, APC, winCache, xCache, etc: No, none of these,
            any relevant errors in core/cache/logs/error.log: Nothing there, file does not exists. Most likely because I had deleted all cache contents while troubleshooting.

and any other environment data we should know. We can’t help you without that information: This is a test VPS, I am working on a remote DB. I am running nginx with php-fpm. However, before someone jumps to conclutions and tell me its my server configuration I have had this in the past in the most standard cpanel with apache and php server. While there may be certain system settings to troubleshoot, everything was working perfectly till today, and I have not performed any updates or upgrades of any kind.

Thanks.

Jose R. Lopez

• 24,544 Posts
              Sorry, I don’t see anything obvious, but maybe someone else will. I assume that you’ve tried other browsers.
                My MODX Extras
                • 43 Posts
                Different browsers and different machines both Mac and PC on different network. Trust me, I did the homework. It was quite a pain. It’s been running for quite a while now with no issue so I’m pretty happy with the resolution.

The only hint I could give into what might have been the issue is it seemed to quirk up right around the time I added other users via the manager. Not sure it’s related, but that was the last thing I remember doing.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Quote from: rjpalombo at Feb 16, 2011, 10:19 PM

Different browsers and different machines both Mac and PC on different network. Trust me, I did the homework. It was quite a pain. It’s been running for quite a while now with no issue so I’m pretty happy with the resolution.

The only hint I could give into what might have been the issue is it seemed to quirk up right around the time I added other users via the manager. Not sure it’s related, but that was the last thing I remember doing.
                  Did you set any permissions for those users?
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 43 Posts
                    Admin rights
                    • I only have that one admin user. I have tried on both, windows and mac, even my phone and all do the same thing, redirect to the same login page.

It was a fresh install, no addons, no additional installs, no special configuration. Just a fresh install I had done and was going to start playing with.

Jose R. Lopez