We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 119 Posts
    @mwalsh: we had same issue. Our session table showed "crashed" in core/cache/logs/error.log ( is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed ). With PhpMyAdmind we excecuted:
     repair table modx_session
    and now it works again smiley))
      • 255 Posts
      Maybe someone can point me in a better direction because I must be overlooking something. I've been struggling with this redirect of the manager login for countless hours. I've read every thread, done everything suggested, reinstalled fresh installs 4 times (advanced) with new dbs (ven tried a daily build with the same result), and as soon as I restore my scrubbed data (without any user or session information at all) the site locks me out. The content is showing fine on the front end. This leads me to believe it has nothing to do with content files, or php settings, or htacess.

I have followed this thread and every direction/suggestion I could find. I have 3 revo 2.2.4 sites and two are fine, one just decided to lock me out of the manager one day and it's been hell since. Double checked all php settings, htaccess all work fine, access to manager is fine in a new install, reinstall all addons, delete cache flush sessions and logout, and restore the content, rerun the installer and bam, Im locked out.

The content restores fine and everything works on the front end. Its this manager login with no error on login and an error that it can't fine the email address of the admin user either which is very odd.

One of the most frustrating things is the logging. The only error I see in the cache/log that might relate to this (thought I doubt it) is:
      [2012-09-15 08:34:39] (ERROR @ /index.php) `[[+id]]` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()

I've added a phpinfo script at http://harveyev.com/phpinfo.php if anyone cares to take a look. According to everything Ive read it all looks fine.

It must be something in my db backup related to contexts or some manager content that I'm restoring as user and session data are removed from the restore file. I guess my question is what tables I would need to restore my content that wont hose the manager? I know the general answer is "it depends on what addons and plugins, etc.". I can provide the dump file if necessary. OR, how can I increase the logging level to see what is going on at login time (using Firebug console shows nothing either).?

One last question that could be an issue is related to the workspaces table. I saw a mention somewhere in the course of my troubleshooting that it needs to be changed when you migrate a site to an explicit file location on the server which didn't sound right after I looked at the db values. I have one Default MODX Workspace entry has only a value of {core_path}. Just want to verify that this is correct or does it need to be the explicit path to the core directory or something else?

I do want to say that this is not a bich session I love Revo. I think it's an awesome solution. Am just about at my breaking point trying to salvage this site which I can't administer. [ed. note: harveyev last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]
        • 255 Posts
        Hope this helps someone and save you the countless hours I spent if the previous tips don't do it for you either:

After a last ditch, desperation attempt at a new install I finally am able to log in. I basically had to go into the db backup and remove everything that wasn't related to the content and that seemed to do whatever needed to be done.

OR

I also removed a few squirrley addons like fblogin (that never seemed to install correctly, and eIRTE rich text addon beta *cough* that was the last addon I installed.

Still not sure exactly what did it, but I was in hammer mode and took out everything that could be it and now I am back up. For reference for those that want to try this method the tables I restored were:

Content Tables

If you used the default setting on the install your db_prefix is probably "modx". Otherwise it's whatever prefix you defined during install.

[li]{db-prefix}_categories_closure[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_dashboard_widget(only because I had Big Brother Addon which installs a manager widget. If you have no custom widgets you probably won't need to restore this.)[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_dashboard_widget_placement(same as above)[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_documentgroup_names[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_element_property_sets[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_menus[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_property_set[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_site_content[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_site_htmlsnippets[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_site_snippets[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_site_templates[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_site_tmplvars[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_site_tmplvar_contentvalues[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_site_tmplvar_templates[/li]

Addon Stuff Only if you Have These Installed

Note here is that you need to compare at your db dump to a clean install with no addons to determine what tables your addons have create in your db.

Gallery Addon Tables
        [li]{db-prefix}_gallery_albums[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_gallery_album_contexts[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_gallery_album_items[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_gallery_items[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_gallery_tags[/li]

Quip Addon Tables
        [li]{db-prefix}_quip_comments[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_quip_comments_closure[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_quip_comment_notify[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_quip_threads[/li]

Redirect Addon Tables
        [li]{db-prefix}_redirects[/li]

Register(Login) Addon Tables ( I think... if you have them save them.)
        [li]{db-prefix}_register_queues[/li]
        [li]{db-prefix}_register_topics[/li]

This required a fresh install and manual installation of all addons, then the clear cache, flush sessions, restore the db tables above, reinstall (upgrade) and viola.

Note: I backed up the newly installed db before I attempted the import so I could revert to it if the import didn't work this time. Of course the one time I though to do it I didn't need it:)

This method is not for the faint hearted and probably only for the desperate like I was that had little to lose and some db experience. Of course if anyone smarter than me would care to correct, expand, or clarify, I'm sure it would be useful.
          • 85 Posts
          Had experienced the same problem as this post details but only to one of the users accounts, then the main admin account.

I had changed the user name of the user account and the password, after that no matter what I did I could not login in, the login page would just keep cycling back around with no error asking me to log back in again.

I tried a few of the things posted in this thread but nothing worked.

When I logged back in as the administrator I noticed that the user account no longer belonged to a access control group. Re-added the account to the 'Mgr User' access control group I had created for this account and all worked fine.

Note: Running Revo 2.2-4pl
            • 60 Posts
            Hi,
            I'm trying to use Modx, latest version of Revolution (2.2.6) on a Wamp server, that's Apache version 2.4.2, PHP 5.4.3, MySQL 5.5.24.
            I've installed modx 3 times now and have ended up deleting everything, clearing browser caches and starting again because the install is successful, then I get into the manager but after I log out I can't get back in again(and yes I am using the correct password and username).
            I've followed the suggestions in the documentation - though they seem to apply to an earlier version of modx, and I've tried some of the suggestions in these forums - nothing works so far. I wanted to try to use modx to rebuild an old 'static' website and add a forum, blog, new template etc but having had 3 attempts and been unable to get back in before I've actually added anything is kind of discouraging.
            Al
            • Most of this sounds like problems with the database table that Revo uses for session storage. I suspect some of it maybe cookie issues. The only times I've ever had this happen were fixed by deleting the cookies for the domain.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 24,544 Posts
                Is there anything unusual about the admin username or password? If so, try using only [a-z] for both.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 184 Posts
                  Hi!
                  I'm having the same problem here. The strange thing is that the website worked for month and then suddenly the login is not working anymore. I deleted the cache / flushed the sessions table / set the session_cookie_secure to 0 in phpmyadmin - flushed the session table and the browser cookies and the cache again and again and tried everything (exept a new installation) i could find in this post. But unfortunately nothing worked so far...
                  Is there anything i can do to get back to my manager again?
                  Thanks for any hints!

https://www.beautyislife-shop.de - premium make-up!
                    https://www.topsterne.de - sell it here!
                    ---------------------------------------------------------
                    • 184 Posts
                    and now i notice, that all my links have a ?PHPSESSID=XXSOMETHINGXX behind the links??
                    What has happend with my modx installation? Can someone please help me with this?

UPDATE: I was able to rewrite these links by adding this to my /core.config.php

<?php
                    if (isset($_GET['PHPSESSID']))
                    {
                    $requesturi = preg_replace('/\?PHPSESSID=[^&]+/',"",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
                    $requesturi = preg_replace('/&PHPSESSID=[^&]+/',"",$requesturi);
                    header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
                    header("Location: http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$requesturi);
                    exit;
                    }
                    ?>

but the problem still exists. Maybe this is the cause why my manager login is not working?

UPDATE:
                    I updated the system to 2.2.7 and now it is working. phew... smiley

[ed. note: flanger last edited this post 11 years ago.]
                      https://www.beautyislife-shop.de - premium make-up!
                      https://www.topsterne.de - sell it here!
                      ---------------------------------------------------------
                      • 12 Posts
                      Quote from: flanger at May 13, 2013, 02:36 PM

UPDATE:
                      I updated the system to 2.2.7 and now it is working. phew... smiley
                      Too bad I haven't tried this first! laugh
                      I hope it will last till the next update!

EDIT:
                      I'm still loged in and everything's fine but the other users are redirected in endless loop.
                      I'm afraid to flush modx_sessions table because, yesterday no one was able to reach the manager after that 'till upgrade! This way I can continue development and hope thing will get better... [ed. note: igregurec last edited this post 11 years ago.]