We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Thanks a lot for your testimony, this is SO true and you’re right, MODx is fun because it lets you imagine what you can do WITH it rather than use your energy to go AGAINST it (whoever has worked with "traditionnal" CMSes will know what I mean tongue)

About the tutorials, you’re right, we’re getting there - slowly - given the crazy development pace, right now it’s not prioritized in favor of tutos but all good comes to those who wait smiley Also, the more advanced users and active contributors we have, the more tutos we can produce smiley
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 1 Posts
      Since I’m pretty new to modx and have only intermediate designing- and programming skills, I have a good chance to author one of those "UseCase" tutos with an authentic newbie approach. wink

Its about creating a site which documents the corporate design of an international medium-sizes corporation.
      modX, however, is just used to create a prototype and to do the inital content-editing. Because of some difficult requirements (bilingual, download-tracking per user and others) the final system will run with Joomla. The other reason for joomla is, helas, that I didn’t knew enough about modX to recommend it for the project. So I just took the chance to try it out by prototyping with it.

regards!
        • 7,075 Posts
        Cool news, thanks !

If you didn’t already, have a look @ modxhost.com
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • I’m gonna lock this one down, as the horse is now thoroughly dead. tongue
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.