We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • MySQL user/pass is really not and probably should not be the same as your default Admin user. Or it could be, that’s for you to decide.

We definitely need a password resetter for the manager. Should not be a snippet, but a modification to the manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php file I think. Probably should be logged, if it hasn’t already. Should be able to use the same logic pointing at different tables as the webuser login code.
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 30 Posts
      I restart from delete... tongue
        • 1,495 Posts
        lol, that will work as well.

As Ryan suggested, don’t you use your mysql username and pass. It’s adviseable to have them separated. This username and pass for admin is for you to be able to login to the manager part. As far as username and pass for MySql, that’s for the system to be able to get into the database.

Hope that clear.
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 22 Posts
          Just wondering if this will work if I forgot the admin password - will the phpMyAdmin fix let you reset the password or just give you more or unlimited number of login attempts.

Thanx
          • To manually reset the password, use phpMyAdmin to browse the ’manager_users’ table, edit the admin user’s row, replace the encoded password with your new one, and choose "MD5" from the Function dropdown for that field.
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 216 Posts
              This is hacking me off!

I forgot that I had changed the password, and I’ve locked myself out. I find it strange that I must go into the database to get back in. The problem I now have is that the field is already set to "0", but I’m definitely locked out!? This is the only user, so I’m not looking at another ID, this is definitely ID #1. - What am I missing?

Thanks.
              • blocked until
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 216 Posts
                  Quote from: rthrash at Jul 11, 2006, 11:19 PM

blocked until

Yeah, I know!

It displays "0", and this is definitely ID #1, and not the defaults! huh
                  • There’s two blocking related fields. Blocked and blocked_until, or something like that. And keep in mind that web users and manger users are different tables.You have to get them both reset.
                      • 216 Posts
                      I’m still confused. I confess I have zero knowledge of databases, but still, Zi’s instructions appear to only take me to the default values; there is no option for selecting an ID.

I instead selected it from the right side, and managed to get the ID #1 account:

Now, I’ve gone back again to the same place (above), and there is now a time code!? I have no idea of what’s going on?