We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    donshakespeare Reply #221, 8 years ago
    RE: Dave Smith
    ... about a mysterious new image editing facility I'd seen but couldn't replicate: I've since spotted it again and here's a screenshot of the interface in question. I'm guessing it's just part of TinyMCE that I hadn't noticed before, but it's pretty nice.
    https://www.tinymce.com/docs/demo/image-tools/
    This is part of TinyMCE's powerful Image Tools
    You drag and drop images from web, or local PC, copy and paste images into editor
    Resize, crop, enhance etc...and upload image, on save,to specific location with specific name.
    It is pretty robust and awesome!!!
    I plan to add Aviary to this awesomeness.

In your search, sometime ago, I mentioned this tool, but you must not have seen the edit button in the floating tool set.
    https://www.tinymce.com/docs/plugins/imagetools/
    Also note that if the imagetools inline toolbar isn't appearing you may need to enable imagetools_cors_hosts or imagetools_proxy.

I can actually use so long as elfinder refuses to work.
    Maybe I should look into this. Do you have a cloud or dev site for me to see what you say is a problem with elFinder? This might save all this time wastage ... unless you see it as a learning experience.

should I only expect elfinder to pop up when I'm using RTE fields, as opposed to other TV types that require a file browser?

1. elFinder pops into a modal via RTE, - so, wherever the RTE can load there would be elFinder (backend / frontend)
    2. elFinder pops into a modal via File / Image TVs (see plugin fileImageTVs) - no RTE required
    3. elFinder pops into a modal (see plugin fileManagerTopNavModal) via top manager menu
    In short, from #2, elFinder does not need an RTE. See TinyMagicPublisher how it uses it in the frontend.

If there are other places you would like to load elFinder, and interact with its items when you click them within the browser, let me know.
    Media Sources is still on back burner!

Cheers.
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 1,145 Posts
      donshakespeare Reply #222, 8 years ago
      AN IDEA
      --------------------
      TinymceWrapperAce​ ... A new bird is born.

Ace up any fabled textarea within MODX... including quick edit/create
      Beautiful and awesome, easy to customize! Nothing to download - just one small config chunk. - say hello to CDN, baby!

1. Flawlessly auto detect resource language/syntax by content_type (mime) (with fallback), or set to fixed.
      2. Auto detect elements language/syntax according to static source extension (with fallback), or set to fixed.
      3. Auto detect file language/syntax according to file extension (with fallback) - and even in quick edit modal.
      4. Powerful toolbar: change theme, language/syntax on the fly, wrap, font size etc, while editing anything.
      5. Go fullscreen and code like a tyrant. smiley
      6. Deactivate individual textareas at pleasure. Each textarea or groups can have different Ace options.
      7. Use with TinyMCE RTE or anyother RTE - ridiculous I know - enjoy thyself!
      8. Enable/Disable for Resources that have RTE turned on.
      9. Option to use with only resources.
      10. Option to use with only elements.
      11. Option to use everywhere.

Out of the box, Ace comes with lint for them major languages if not all, and a powerful set of keyboard control. You'd think you were using an IDE, or Sublime Text.

This chunk will teach you how to dominate the basics of the powerhouse that is called Ace. -no need to beg a developer to do this or that for you.
      ... best of all - NOTHING TO DOWNLOAD!, NOTHING HIDDEN!!

You remember the experimental TinymceWrapperCodeMirror chunk? it is being worked to match up with his powerful brother, Ace.
      Ace Editor and CodeMirror are the two leading code editors, if I am not mistaken.
      You will find huge enterprises of great pith using either ... Github, jSFiddle, Codepen, Brackets ...

Cheers.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 179 Posts
        An idea? Are you saying you've built this, or are thinking of building it? Apologies, though. I have an unrelated problem I could use a quick answer on because I'm sure it's simple.

I have a richtext TV to add to a Migx object, but with TinymceWrapper installed and using the Migx Management CMP to control the fields. I'm finding that if the TV is set to anything that provokes TW all I see is a large text area with a redundant tickbox at the top, and the "Done" button won't work. The browser console produces an error suggesting an object can't be found. Seems like TW isn't initialising properly and I can't for the life of me work out what silly mistake I might have made which is causing it to break. TW is working perfectly for normal resource fields. I've tried using a richtext TV, as well as a migxtinymcewrapper TV, exactly the same problem.

I don't suppose there's a rookie mistake I could have made that you can think of off the top of your head? I realise this is perhaps more Migx-related and this might be a question for Bruno, but I'm fairly confident the problem is only happening as a direct result of TW (no settings - I tried completely reinstalling). I'm particularly frustrated because I feel like I had this problem the first time I attempted to use TW, and that I probably had to ask you for the solution then, too.
          • 1,145 Posts
          donshakespeare Reply #224, 8 years ago
          RE: Dave Smith
          An idea? Are you saying you've built this, or are thinking of building it?
          Yea, it's pretty much done! Next release.

I'm particularly frustrated because I feel like I had this problem the first time I attempted to use TW, and that I probably had to ask you for the solution then, too.
          This is the possible problem here
          https://forums.modx.com/thread/97694/support-comments-for-tinymcewrapper?page=6#dis-post-531656
          Which you referenced and fixed here
          https://forums.modx.com/thread/97694/support-comments-for-tinymcewrapper?page=12#dis-post-534156

Cheers
            • 179 Posts
            Thanks dude. I'm really sorry I didn't rediscover that myself. I'm so busy at the moment it has been hard to keep all the plates spinning.

So things have changed a bit since I last had this problem. Having reinstalled the plugin, and evidently removed the MIGX chunk I had previous prepared, I totally forgot what I had done last time.

Fortunately this time it seems to have been no more complex than renaming the sample init in the 3rdPartyChunks folder. I'll just have to remember this time that I can't use the same chunk suffix I've used elsewhere. I guess that's why you've used "sample.".

I'm starting from scratch now, it seems, so I'll worry about customising the inits later when I've got all the fundamentals working.
              • 1,145 Posts
              donshakespeare Reply #226, 8 years ago
              Glad you got that fixed.

Yes, 3rdPartyChunks will be supported by the various authors of respective Extras.
              And because I will not complicate TW by attempting to find out how it works in the various possible scenarios, we'll just leave out the suffix from my end, at least for now.

sample.TinymceWrapperMIGX [chunk description field]
              TinyMCE for MIGX textareas. Thanks to Bruno17. Please remove the prefix "sample." before use and to preserve this custom chunk when you upgrade TinymceWrapper. This chunk DOES NOT accept a custom suffix.

Also, though I may never have the time to make a full Documentation, TinymceWrapper should (my hope) speak for itself in every instance or feature.

I have attempted to add a description to each resource/chunk and each plugin/snippet property.
              Hover over chunks in the element tree to see description
              Drop down the plus sign in plugin property to see notes.

Cheers.
                • 5,888 Posts
                  -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  donshakespeare Reply #228, 8 years ago
                  Awesome, thanks. hopefully that'll be the end of that problem.
                    • 5,888 Posts
                    I'm trying to disable the richtext-editors for introtext and description.
                    Setting the two plugin-properties to 'no' doesn't seem to help.

I'm on MODX 2.5.0

What needs to be done to get the richtext-editor at resource-quick-update?
                      -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      donshakespeare Reply #230, 8 years ago
                      I'm trying to disable the richtext-editors for introtext and description.
                      Just downloaded fresh package of TinymceWrapper to test on 2.5.0-pl
                      I am having no issues here.

What needs to be done to get the richtext-editor at resource-quick-update?
                      Right now, when user hovers over resource-quick-update modal, a button appears to give option to load RTE. Please test.
                      SEE: chunk TinymceWrapperQuickUpdate

OR are you asking about bypassing this button and going straight to RTE?

This is an ExtJS thing, beyond my paygrade.

If you can specify a code to listen to modal onformRender I can run a function each time a resource modal loads
                      You do something like this on MIGX.

Here is a my very very sketch
                      MODX.ext.modal.onRender = function(){
                        //check if modal has textarea name = "content" -- getModalTextareaID
                        tinymce.init({
                          selector: getModalTextareaID
                      })
                      }