We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • We have one main account which has access to 100+ other accounts, so it shouldn't really be a problem....

Sterc Internet & Marketing | MODX Founding Partner | Chairman of the MODX Advisory Board

In need of a MODX consult? Try our MODX Developers Experts!
      • 10 Posts
      I am on 2.2.0-pl2. I tried clearing all the analtyics settings and re-authenticating, but it didn't work. I establish a connection and widget does not display data, just "Couldn't connect with google analytics" where the data should display.
      • Hello i have an issue each time i disconnect i have to re authenticate:

Google Analytics login
        Click here to authenticate through Google
        • Hartus, what do you mean by disconnecting? Logging out of MODX?
            Sterc Internet & Marketing | MODX Founding Partner | Chairman of the MODX Advisory Board

• Yes each time i logg out or i reload the dashboard page.

I'm redirected to this google page :

The site www.XXXXXXXX.fr is requesting access to your Google Account for the product(s) listed below.

Google Analytics
            If you grant access, you can revoke access at any time under 'My Account'. www.XXXXXXXX.fr will not have access to your password or any other personal information from your Google Account. Learn more

Warning! This website has not registered with Google to establish a secure connection for authorization requests. We recommend that you continue the process only if you trust the following destination:

http://www.XXXXXXXX.fr/manager/

When i go to my google account / security / the site http://www.XXXXXXXX.fr is registered and acces is allowed as asked.

Should it be http://www.XXXXXXXX.fr/manager/ instead of http://www.XXXXXXXX.fr/ ??

I have an other modx site, same version 2.2.0 pl2 informations are filled in the same way and it works perfectly (without requesting acces each time, at least..)

• Now i've exactly the same issue as nickff...
              • That's an analytics bug (really wink ). When you arrive at that Google-page, you have to change the URI. Search the URI for the part where you see the domain name you wish to validate at that moment and change first letter of your domain to a capital.

For example if the uri is something like this: google.com/analytics/validate?d8f=adsfs&url=www.yourdomain.com

Change it to: google.com/analytics/validate?d8f=adsfs&url=www.Yourdomain.com

Then hit enter and validate it! smiley

• 268 Posts
                  I'm sorry if my question looks newbie..but I do not see at alla how to use Analytic addon.
                  Once tha package is install and the analytics_accountId entered in system parameter (no idea of what are the other parameters are)
                  I add a call in the footer of templates: [[!Analytics? &setAccount=`UA-19xxxx05-1`]]

and then huh
                  Is it supposed to add a new menu item in the manager ?? because nothingnew right here neither in the dasboard (Widget is listed in the dashboard setup tab,but don't appears).

Thank you
                    • 127 Posts
                    I don't see anything that has been added either...I filled out the data in the system settings but don't see any tabs. Do you have to enable them somewhere?

Thanks
                      www.JBMWebDesign.com
                      www.JBMAutomation.com
                      • 15 Posts
                      I'm having a problem with it as well. I 'grant' access after I reinstalled the package. I did that because it didn't show any data after I might have changed something a week ago on the analytics account-side. I get an empty (blank) select-box and a submit button after I grant access. The capital on the domain name doesn't make a difference.

When I enter the data directly in the system settings (see example on page 2), I see the widget tabs, but the message 'could not connect with google analytics'.

When I try to check for updates on the package browser, I get the message 'Package not available'. Running on the latest version of modx, fresh install about four weeks ago.

Any help is appreciated.

Maurice.