We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    The evo gateway when it has got all the resources, should put this in the vent table 'Got all resources', this doesn't seem to be happening so obviously the Revo side will hang now waiting for a reply.

The code in between the two event logs in the gateway just runs a query to get all the resources so it looks as though this is hanging for some reason although why this should happen if your evo site itself
    is OK I can't say.

You could try re-installing the gateway code in your evo install.
      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • 701 Posts
      Hey Shamblett thanks for the reply.

Regards to re installing the gateway whats the best way to do this. The guide mentioned uploading the zip and then un packing via manage files within the evo manager, but when i done it this way it unzips all the files individually to the root of the snippet folder as apposed to sub folders under a revogateway directory. So i just unzipped locally within the snippet directory, should that make a difference??

Also wheres the best place to get the revogateway.zp file, i've been using:
      https://github.com/shamblett/provisoner/blob/master/revogateway.zip

Ben
        • 701 Posts
        I've just tried using a new blank install of evo with a couple of resources and this works fine. So defo something up with this evo install. Not sure if this makes a difference but it been upgraded from 0.9.6 to evo. Also i can right click and hit import and that seems to work ok.
          • 701 Posts
          Hi Shamblett,

The error is being caused by a resources that has certain web permissions to view it, if i delete this particular resource and all it's children i don't get the error, still doesn't work but I don't get the error. Shouldn't the main admin account have the correct permissions. I can view and edit the pages within the manager.

As mentioned it still doesn't work, i don't get the error but nothing happens at all. But i can get it work if i then delete another particular resource and it's children. Not sure the problem with this one as it not got any permissions or anything.

Any ideas?

Ben
            • 1,336 Posts
            As far as I know this has not been reported before, if the account details you are using are an admin account you should be OK. Also I can't see why this would cause the query to fail, the mysql query knows nothing of evo permissions it just goes straight to the db, are any of these resources locked?

• 701 Posts
              Het Shamblett, i removed all locks and this didn't.

But i've been doing some testing by deleting resources to rule them out and i'm sure now it's nothing to do with permissions as I've removed them for the folders.

I've managed to narrow it down to a group of resources all the same type, but what i can't work out is why this.

Is there a limit to the amount of child documents it can cope with as the problem folders all have 200 odd documents and whats strange is if i delete the 1st 100 i don't get the error and also if I only delete the last 100. So it's no particular resource in that folder.

Ben
                • 1,336 Posts
                When you mention the MODXSS default site I'm thinking I've seen this before, its always better to
                import into a clean install, or re-import one thats worked already over itself, still not sure exactly why
                it failed though.
                  • 701 Posts
                  Sorry Shamblet what do you mean by the MODXSS default site?

The evo site has been set up using a fresh version of 1.0.5 then uploaded the old 0.9.6 database and re run the evo install upgrade wizard. Site seemed to be running ok.

The revo install is a completely fresh install of 2.1.1

You don't reckon the issue could be related to the number of child resources?

Ben
                    • 53 Posts
                    I appear to be having the same issue as bennyb

Trying to port an Evolution 1.05 site to a clean install of Revolution. The following error is thrown up in provisioner:

The site import failed - Cannot get remote resource

Worth noting that the evolution site is pretty big with around 2000 resources, any thoughts as we really want to get this moved to revo!

• 125 Posts
                      Hi Shamblett,

Thanks for provisioner - it's really great! Just wondering, is support for 2.1.3 and even 2.2 planned and if so is there a rough timeline as to when it may be released? Just had an issue on a 2.1.3 site and want to migrate parts of it across to a new install on a different host so could really use it!

Cheers