We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,213 Posts
    @sinbad,

If you use the &manage_target parameter in MaxiGallery, the snippet call that is in document with id 87 in your case must have all the parameters that affect the pictures, eg. that max_pic_size and dropshadow parameters as the modifications to pictures are done on upload.

I’m guessing that you have the parameters in the gallery document, but not in the document (87) what you are using to manage the galleries.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
      • 884 Posts
      thanks doze, what’s weird is that my manager document call is exactly like the one on the gallery document, with is_target=`1` as the only difference. Now if I go from front end and upload the pics the gallery is just like I wanted with drop shadows and everything, but if I use the managermanager widget the drop shadow isn’t applied.
      but since mm widget only get the gallery ID I really don’t get why would it happen, the call here should be identical to the one on the original document . I’ll try again fresh now and see if I get to work properly. I have to get Maxigallery to work fine from manager because this projects
      if for ecommerce and maxigallery is almost on every page.

• 884 Posts
        I tested it also on another modx install with the minimum maxigallery call only with the addition of drop shadows and max_pic_size and also there both the max pic size and drop shadows are ignored. any ideas?
          • 4,213 Posts
          What are the exact document IDs and the exact snippet calls in those documents and chunk contents relating all this? Without knowing all this, it’s hard to guess what’s wrong.. but my guess still is that all document’s where maxigallery is called doesn’t have the same parameters.. wink

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 741 Posts
            Finally got the time to try this widget!! It works great, but would it be possible to call this part from a separate php file?

Quote from: Metaller at Sep 25, 2008, 09:41 AM

2. Create document, hide it from frontend users. Template - blank. Content (code updated!):
            [!MaxiGallery? &manage_gallery=`[[GetGalleryID]]` !]

I think you can use something like this in a external php file:

return $modx->evalSnippets("[!MaxiGallery? &manage_gallery=`[[GetGalleryID]]` !]");

And offcourse you have to make a call to get connected with the modx api.

I don’t know of something like that will work, but your document structure get’s untouched and clean that way.
              with regards,

Ronald Lokers
              'Front-end developer' @ h2o Media

• 1,215 Posts
              @MediaGuy It’s very good idea! Need to test it.

UPD: I can’t to run MG from external php. I get only gallery images w/o any manager forms. Any ideas?

In the modx root mmgal.php
              @require_once("manager/includes/config.inc.php");

define('MODX_API_MODE', true);

include_once(MODX_MANAGER_PATH.'/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php');
              $modx = new DocumentParser;

$modx->db->connect();
              $modx->getSettings(); 

define("IN_MANAGER_MODE", "true");
              if (isset($_GET['mmgal_id']))
              {
              	$id = $_GET['mmgal_id'];
              	session_start();
              	$_SESSION['mmgal_id'] = $id;
              }
              else
              {
              	$id = $_SESSION['mmgal_id'];
              }

echo $modx->evalSnippets("[[MaxiGallery? &manage_gallery=`".$id."`]]");

than call it mmgal.php?mmgal_id=SOME_ID
                DirectResize 0.9 beta. PHPThumb, sets of configurations, configuration, binded to specific path. No backward compatibility. | DirectResize 0.9. PHPThumb, наборы параметров, параметры, привязанные к определенным путям. Без обратной совместимости.

Unfortunately, DirectResize project is closed. If you want to continue development, PM me for access to project page on Google Code. К сожалению, проект DirectResize закрыт. Если вы желаете продолжить разработки, обращайтесь через ПМ для получения доступа к репозиторию на Google Code.

[PLUGIN] DirectResize - as Maxigallery but for single images :: Download :: [url=http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21490]
                • 741 Posts
                Quote from: Metaller at Oct 28, 2008, 02:17 PM

UPD: I can’t to run MG from external php. I get only gallery images w/o any manager forms. Any ideas?

I think that the php script thinks that you are a normal user and not a logged in manager user. I did take a quick look at the modx wiki, but I can’t find something to invoke the access to the manager.
                  with regards,

Ronald Lokers

• 107 Posts
                  I just want to say how much I LOVE ManagerManager!! It is such a key tool to making ModX more usable by the non-tech admin. Thanks to all who have contribute and who are constantly making it better. Any idea if it’s going to become more a part of the standard ModX?

C.
                    Crawford Paul

Bridgecourt Web Design - Proudly using ModX CMS
                    Serving Welland, Niagara, Ontario, Canada and the world!
                    http://www.bridgecourt.com
                    • 741 Posts
                    Just found this in another topic:
                    require_once '.../manager/includes/config.inc.php';
                    startCMSSession();
                    function CheckAuthentication()
                    {    
                    	return $_SESSION['mgrValidated']==1 ? true : false;

}

I think you should use that and then set the maxigallery code in a if-statement with the CheckAuthentication function to check if it is a logged in user. So that people who are accessing the file directly don’t get a output.
                      with regards,

Ronald Lokers

• 1,215 Posts
                      I thought about direct access and security, but now better to make working MG.
                        DirectResize 0.9 beta. PHPThumb, sets of configurations, configuration, binded to specific path. No backward compatibility. | DirectResize 0.9. PHPThumb, наборы параметров, параметры, привязанные к определенным путям. Без обратной совместимости.

Unfortunately, DirectResize project is closed. If you want to continue development, PM me for access to project page on Google Code. К сожалению, проект DirectResize закрыт. Если вы желаете продолжить разработки, обращайтесь через ПМ для получения доступа к репозиторию на Google Code.

[PLUGIN] DirectResize - as Maxigallery but for single images :: Download :: [url=http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21490]