We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Oh cool, thanks for letting me know. smiley

I think I’ll backup everything and then try and implement this, or the other suggested thread, over the weekend. I’ll post back on my results. I’m fairly new to this cms and php in general, so my troubleshooting skills aren’t the best~~ undecided
      • 181 Posts
      Hello,

I tried to install the SMF Forum Integration. I have had nothing but headaches. How can I go about uninstalling this without any errors to my modx install?

Thanks
        • 38 Posts
        Can someone help me I get this error when installing the SMF Bridge module:

Setup will now attempt to setup the database:

Creating connection to the database: OK!

Selecting database `my database name here`: OK!

Module:

SMF Connector: Upgraded

Plugin:

SMFConnect: Upgraded

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFullTableName() on a non-object in /home/content/##/#######/html/manager/processors/cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 107

The /##/#######/ is my account name.

It seem that it installed fine thought if I run the module but when I click the "Administration Center" I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smf_LoginById() in /home/content/##/#######/html/assets/modules/smforum/smf.admin.class.inc.php on line 36

I am running Modx 1.0 and SMF 1.1.10.

Also does it mater if it says SMF Forum Integration 1.0 (for SMF 1.1.4)? On:
        http://modxcms.com/extras/package/?package=419

Any help would be great,
        -FireDart
          -FireDart
          • 172 Posts
          Edit: This has now been used on a live site successfully. A newer version is here http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,39842.msg240792.html#msg240792 which also allows transfer of groups when updating existing users as the earlier one posted here only transfers membership for new users.

I have a modification of the connector plugin that ensures that MODx webgroup membership is transfered to correspondingly named SMF groups.

Its only the membership that is transfered - new groups themselves will not be created in SMF - you’ll need to do that yourself in the SMF admin. Make sure the groups have identical names!

Its not yet been used on a live site (due live at the end of the month) but has worked successfully during the couple of months of development.

-- Tim.

PS. Before pasting in you’ll need to remove the php tag on line 1 - its only there to trigger the correct highlighting in gedit!
          • FYI a good tip for triggering highlighting is to use the following. At least this works in TextMate on the first line for me:
            //<?php
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 7,075 Posts
              Does SMF Forum Integartion support MODx Evolution ?
              Also is there any plan to upgrade it to work with SMF 2.x ?

Edit : Hmmm, sorry I misposted, I was thinking SMF Bridge
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id
                • 91 Posts

Module:

Plugin:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFullTableName() on a non-object in /home/content/##/#######/html/manager/processors/cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 107

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14143.msg240222.html#msg240222
                  MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• 38 Posts
                  Quote from: nicboyde at Sep 10, 2009, 07:14 AM

Module:

Plugin:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14143.msg240222.html#msg240222

Thanks, for the link.
                    -FireDart
                    • 4 Posts
                    The problem lies within the smf_api_1.1.php file. It needs to be uploaded via BINARY mode through ftp. If you let your ftp program use AUTO or ASCII mode, it will not process the carriage returns correctly and will render this important file useless producing this error:

and also the line 36 error.

Quick way to check if this is your problem - view this file on your server, if it’s not human-readable, it’s broke!!!

Cheers,
                    Ken

(Got this connector to work with Evolution 1.0.2 and SMF 1.1.11)
                      • 78 Posts
                      Lyubomir Kolev Reply #120, 14 years ago