We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 964 Posts
    There is a new calendar in development CALx, it is very similar to Kalender so I thought I would post a note here. The link to the thread is http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,15219.msg98299.html#msg98299 , it is in French but I think I read it in English before but I cannot find it anymore.

Jabberwok is working on using TVs instead of publish dates to control it and it also has clickable dates... maybe all the development efforts should be combined in one calendar to have an optimum one...
      MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
      • 204 Posts
      Enlgish thread for CALx can be found here..

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,15306.0.html
        • 375 Posts
        Is that CALx based upon the same base like Kalender? For me, it seams so because they both use pubdates and overLib. I have much interest in enhancing a calendar snippet to meet al needs that we have to it.

The only (obvious) differences between CALx and Kalender so far are (as I can see) are:

• CALx is capable of handling more than one event for a day
        • Events in CALx need to be clicked for getting additional Info, in Kalender you just need to hover them

What I absolutely need is (sooner or later):

• Capability of handling more than one event for a day
        • Events must be clickable to get the full page for that event with complete information. This implies:
          [list]
          [li]Placing events in the calendar must be done with TVs
        [/li]
        [li]No hardcoded style information. Design should only be done by CSS[/li]
        [li]The event summary should be optionally available via click or hover[/li]
        [li]In the near future: the generated code for the front end should be standards compliant[/li]
        [li]In the future: template driven popups (when hovering)[/li]
        [li]and much more that I am not yet aware of wink[/li]
        [/list]

BTW: These are not demands but the attempt to make a feature list for a calendar. And I am absolutely willing to do my part in coding that stuff although I have quite little time and never done this before (well I programmed much before, but never with others for such a cool project like MODx).

Greetings from Einbeck, Germany
        Martin
          • 964 Posts
          Martin, I think Kalender can handle more than one event per day.
          You just define another event in the manager and it will display it
          underneath the first one.

Maybe it would be a good idea for you to PM jabberwok and see
          what he is doing with CALx and even merge both calendars to make
          one with all the features...
            MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
            • 5 Posts
            damn.. i don’t get it.. i’m getting this error:

« MODx Parse Error »
            MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
            « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
            Error: include(snippets/kalender/themes/gold/theme.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
            Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
            File: /home/kerkelijkw/domains/kerkelijkwerkers.nl/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(748) : eval()’d code
            Line: 235

Parser timing
            MySQL: 0.0024 s (14 Requests)
            PHP: 0.0895 s
            Total: 0.0919 s

He says he cant find the theme.php, but it uploaded it and the file exsists! (sorry for my english wink ) anyone else got this error, or does anyone knows how to fix it??
              • 375 Posts
              Quote from: Paat at Jun 07, 2007, 05:42 PM

Error: include(snippets/kalender/themes/gold/theme.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or

I’m not sure, but I think the path should begin with "assets/snippets/...". I don’t know why it is not correct on your site, here it works ...

HTH
              Martin
                • 245 Posts
                Hi everybody, laugh

If you have some ideas to do CALx better, send me a PM.

A new version of CALx, it’s ready with a lot of modifications.

I invite you on the English or french post.

You can test the last version here.

I think @FuryDE will be glad.
                  [b]D
                  • 1 Posts
                  Hi, I’m looking to find a way to use template variables with Kalendar (to be used with clickable links for event days); I’ve read the previous posts in this forum and I’m wondering if there’s any progress on that. Thanks.
                    • 245 Posts
                    Hi studio2054,

Kalender don’t use TV’s, but CALx yes grin

i think the developpement of Kalender is stop :/
                      [b]D
                      • 114 Posts
                      Anyone who hasn’t already encountered this with other snippets, beware short tags.. So I guess just in case you’re lurking the forums wondering why your output is a bunch of weird, unrendered code - you are probably (like me) running PHP with short tags disabled, or perhaps a current version in which case they are disabled by default. Fix -> go through all PHP code that the snippet uses (snippet and included php files) and change..

this
                      <?  ... ?>

..to this..
                      <?php ... ?>

How common is this?