We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Hi Deevio,

Firstly, thanks for your work, I think it’s a good snippet and a nice calendar but I’ve got some troubles...

I created a folder called "Kalendar" with id=34, I understand that each new event is a new child document from this folder with properties directly writable in MODx manager but I don’t understand why I can’t display next months or all current year when clicking on any buttons of this snippet. All the time, I return to home page...

Moreover, I modified snippet code, as described above, and now, no arrow images and no event description appear...I have a linking problem when I display image properties but I don’t know which "tag" is not correct...

You could find a trial webpage  >> there <<.

Could you show me the light ?  wink
      Titi - new french MODx user but interested in
      • 12 Posts
      hi Ti,

Change your

$pathPrefix = $site_url.$assets_path.$snippetsPath;

to something like:

$pathPrefix = "http://www.pilotes-pyreneens.org/modx/assets/snippets/kalender";

And change

$url_prefix = "?";

to:

$url_prefix = "index.php?id=36&";

Hope this helps!
        • 150 Posts
        @deevio: That completely fixed the problems I had with Kalendar! Thanks!!

Note: This also works (so you can use this on any of your sites so you don’t have to copy/paste the URL:

From this:
        $pathPrefix = "http://your.full.modx.website.path/assets/snippets/kalender";

To this:
        $pathPrefix = "[(site_url)]assets/snippets/kalender";
          • 19 Posts
          Thanks to the entire international MODx community,

Everything work correctly from now....

Just something else... (what a curious person I am  grin )
          Is it possible to display simultaneously several months on the same webpage??? I explain more precisely to you: I need to display the next eleven months in order to have an overview of all next events...

Nota: I didn’t find an interesting answer in "&parameters" to display them instead of displaying current year and, moreover, it doesn’t work  huh

For advance, thanks
            Titi - new french MODx user but interested in
            • 3 Posts
            Greetings, I just discovered MODx and I am going through it for the first time trying to figure it all out. I am interested in using the Kalendar snippet, I have installed it according to the instructions but I can’t get it to generate anything... not even an error.

Here’s a rundown of what I’ve done:
            - Installed everything according to the instructions
            - Changed the snippetsPath to an absolute URL for my server
            - plugged the call code into a new page’s "document content" box
            - plugged the call code into a new template, and assigned this to a new page
            - added pub_dates to pages in the parent (I’m using parent=2 while I’m still giving this a test run)
            - Tried using the call code [!Kalendar!] instead of [!Kalendar?parent=2!]

I’m totally out of ideas how I might get this to work. Any suggestions would be helpful.

My server info:
            - MySQL 5
            - PHP 5
            - Apache/Linux
            (I don’t have further version info for any of those, sorry)

A couple other bits of info:
            - I do have friendly URLs on, and they are working properly
            - I have everything installed at a subdomain which I use for testing/staging
            - I haven’t found any other problems... so far as I can tell, the whole installation is running correctly

If anyone can suggest what I might do to get this running, or at least figure out where to start looking for ideas why its not working, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks much
              • 4,213 Posts
              You can probably see a error message in system events, so if you haven’t checked them yet, go to Reports > System events. Also, is the snippet in MODx named exactly the same. If it’s "kalendar" for example, it won’t be run. The names are case sensitive.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                • 3 Posts
                Thanks deevio for the Event Calendar snippet!
                I have installed and changed the code to show the calendar http://modx.markglassonline.com/index.php?id=38&mo=12&yr=2006. The calendar works but I can not get events to show.

• I created a folder Calendar and added the call to [!Calendar?parent=13!] I named my snippet Calendar and published the folder.
                • I created documents as children to this folder and added Title, Long Title, Publishdate information.
                I must be missing something. I don’t think it is a problem with the calendar but I am not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions.
                Thanks Mark
                  • 40 Posts
                  Quote from: dmgd at Dec 29, 2006, 02:22 PM

Thanks deevio for the Event Calendar snippet!
                  I have installed and changed the code to show the calendar http://modx.markglassonline.com/index.php?id=38&mo=12&yr=2006. The calendar works but I can not get events to show.

• I created a folder Calendar and added the call to [!Calendar?parent=13!] I named my snippet Calendar and published the folder.
                  • I created documents as children to this folder and added Title, Long Title, Publishdate information.
                  I must be missing something. I don’t think it is a problem with the calendar but I am not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions.
                  Thanks Mark
                  Thanks for this great snippet,
                  but i have the same problem, the days with events are in a different color but when i hover i don’t see the heading or the text i entered in my document.
                  In the source code of the page everything looks fine, the overlib.js is embedded the td tag helds all the wished content, when i hover the color changes but the embedded table is not displayed...
                  Is it possible that a special DOCTYPE is needed to display the date description?

An example Page is here: no more link available

Thanks for any suggestion
                  Greetings Lefthanded
                    I love ModX!
                    • 8 Posts
                    Hi!

I’m really having some issues with Kalender. I know i should know php coding at least a little, but i’m really newb at that. After trying a lot, i found out, that it was easier to modify the pasts in tools->configuration than to endlessly try to find out the best possible combination of the paths mentioned in this thread.
                    I think now i should see it work, because i can see only a large part of the php code a few gray spots (they should probably be images). The code shown is from the part where the script decides how many rows there should be for the given month.
                    I don’t have any clue why i can see the php code on the site instead of this nice app. Could any one please help me with any suggestions?
                      • 4,213 Posts
                      Have you by anychance put the code into document content or in a chunk or something?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."