We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    "KALENDER", which is basically Dutch for "Calendar", is a simple calendar tool that can be embedded into a website using the MODx content management system.

The calendar interface itself might look sort of like EasyPHPCalendar with a MODx twist and is fully customizable.

Do send in your comments, questions, bugs you might have found etc here.

Thanks!

Download the snippet from: http://www.modxcms.com/Kalender-1-1212.html
      • 39 Posts
      Quote from: deevio at Nov 29, 2006, 05:06 AM

"KALENDER", which is basically Dutch for "Calendar", is a simple calendar tool that can be embedded into a website using the MODx content management system.

The calendar interface itself might look sort of like EasyPHPCalendar with a MODx twist and is fully customizable.

Do send in your comments, questions, bugs you might have found etc here.

Thanks!

Download the snippet from: http://www.modxcms.com/Kalender-1-1212.html

Thanks for this great snippet, but on my portal it not works =(

« MODx Parse Error »
      MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
      « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
        Error: 	Unknown(/home/u47039/pro.hallina.ru/wwwhttp://pro.hallina.ru/assets/snippets/kalender/themes/gold/theme.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory	 
        Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
        File: 	/home/u47039/pro.hallina.ru/www/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(733) : eval()'d code	 
        Line: 	212

Help me, please =)
        • 1,097 Posts
        jek - that http://pro.hallina.ru bit really shouldn’t be in your path.

deevio - This looks good, but there may be some issues with using pub_date in this way. The fact that you can save a date there in a previously published document seems more by accident than design. If the document is not published, the date will be cleared out upon publication.
          No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
          MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
          Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
          Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
          Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
          MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
          • 1,198 Posts
          @ jek I this the problem is in the path:

/home/u47039/pro.hallina.ru[red]/wwwhttp[/red]://pro.hallina.ru/assets/snippets/kalender/themes/gold/theme.php

try this:

change near line 194:

$includePath = $base_path.$assets_path.$snippetsPath."/themes/".$theme."/";

to

$includePath = $assets_path.$snippetsPath."/themes/".$theme."/";

change near line 194:
          $cssTheme = $themePath."theme.css";

to

$cssTheme = $includePath."theme.css";

works for me smiley

Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
            -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
            -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
            • 39 Posts
            banzai - thanks! =) it works for me too
              • 40 Posts
              Javascript error:

Error: unterminated string literal
              line: 1

• 12 Posts
                oh dear! you’re right Paul!

I was wondering if Template Variables would be better perhaps? What do you think?
                Thanks!

- deevio

Quote from: PaulGregory at Nov 29, 2006, 11:47 AM

jek - that http://pro.hallina.ru bit really shouldn’t be in your path.

deevio - This looks good, but there may be some issues with using pub_date in this way. The fact that you can save a date there in a previously published document seems more by accident than design. If the document is not published, the date will be cleared out upon publication.
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  Looks really good, great job! And many thanks for the contributing!

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                    • 1 Posts
                    Hi Guys,
                    I have finally implemented the calendar, it looks great but I have not been able to populate the events, can somebody please show me the procedure.
                    Thanking you very much!
                    -Mabi
                      • 12 Posts
                      Mabi:

Here’s what you do:

1. Create a folder, title it "Calender" or something. e.g. id=100

2. Associate the $parent parameter with the folder ID. e.g. [ ! Kalender?parent=100 ! ]

3. Create any number of levels of sub-folders within parent, but what is important is you must have created a document (not a folder) as the end node. Kalender only reads non-folders within parent.

4. Document fields that are must-fills include:
                      a. Title - displays as a marker in your manager.
                      b. Long Title - displays as an event in the Kalender.
                      c. Publish Date - displays on the specific date/time of the Kalender.

4. Optional fields include:
                      a. Description
                      b. Intro Text
                      c. Content
                      d. Unpublish Date

5. If you want the "time" to disappear from the date formating in the event display, set the time as 00:00:00 (midnight)

Hope this helps!?

Also, check that overLib works.

Do you have a working link that you can post here so we can see whats going on with your calender?

Thanks!