We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 204 Posts
    Thanks for the info FuryDE.

I had added the "&lang=`de`", but for what ever reason, its not woking for me. Will try it again later.

Any ideas on how to get Monday to be the starting day of the week?

Regards
      • 375 Posts
      Quote from: islander at Jun 01, 2007, 09:27 AM

Any ideas on how to get Monday to be the starting day of the week?

Nope, not yet. But I will have a look at that when I have some time for it.

Martin
        • 375 Posts
        Hi there,

I am looking for a way to tell Kalender with wich day of week to start displaying the table. For this, I try to understand the code and insert my own code. I think that I can manage this.

Now I have quite a general question. It seems that at least two persons (sottwell and webe) are coding this snippet too. How can we avoid messing the code up? How can we make sure that nothing becomes lost?

Additionally, I think that we should try to have Kalender output standard HTML and make the design controllable completely via CSS (now there is a mix of CSS and hard coded styling).

What’s the usual way doing this?

Greetings
        Martin
          • 1 Posts
          Hi Martin,

You’re right about the styling. It should be controlled completely by css and not be hardcoded.

I found Kalender the only usable calendar snippet at the time I was working on a new site. Only wanted to have some more control over the behavior of this snippet so I added some parameters and published it so others could benefit from it.

At the same time I was working on my own calendar snippet, because I don’t like the use of javascript and the way the styling is controlled in Kalender. Also I wanted control of the starting day of the week, as you do.

Due to too much work and too little time (sounds familiar? wink ), I stopped programming this snippet. And I see only more work coming undecided

This means I can’t work on Kalender anymore, so please feel free to extend the possibilities of this snippet. I’m sure many users will appreciate it. I know I will grin
            • 375 Posts
            Quote from: WeBe at Jun 01, 2007, 03:24 PM

At the same time I was working on my own calendar snippet, because I don’t like the use of javascript and the way the styling is controlled in Kalender. Also I wanted control of the starting day of the week, as you do.

It seems that I just did it, I only will give it one more test and post the result here. Well, it in deed sounds very familiar (too few time, too much to do with other things), but I just wanted the Mondays to be the first days, and sometimes, I then take time that is not really there wink

What’s that "own calendar snippet" you are talking about? Is it interesting for others yet? Or did you cancel that too?

So, I attached my version of Kalendar (I call it 1.1a). I have changed 2 things:

1) Added new parameter &firstDayOfWeek
            Use 0 for Sunday (this is the default value), 1 for Monday and so on.

2) The overDiv-DIV is no longer output by default. The overLib adds that DIV automagically if it can’t find it. For my CSS-layout this was the best solution, because the DIV is inserted just before the end of the BODY and that’s outside my Layout-DIVs.
            For those who prefer to have the DIV in the old place, just add &forceOverLib=`1` to the snippet call.

I cannot guarantee that my changes are free of bugs, but I did not change too much. I’d appreciate to hear from you if it works as you expected it to work.

Martin
              • 204 Posts
              Very cool Martin, I will be trying this out this weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks
                • 204 Posts
                Maybe you could add in highlight current day to a "b" version, or is this done via css?
                  • 375 Posts
                  The current day is already marked, thanks to webe. the CSS class "kalender-dayCurrent" is added to the current day.

Martin
                    • 1 Posts
                    Quote from: FuryDE at Jun 02, 2007, 12:00 PM

The current day is already marked, thanks to webe. the CSS class "kalender-dayCurrent" is added to the current day.

There’s even a version where dates with events can be made clickable, but because this snippet uses the publish and unpublish dates, you can get a ’page not found’ error. Didn’t have time to find a solution for this yet. I know that Susan is looking into this as well. If this problem could be fixed, we would have a really cool calendar snippet cool

@Martin: the development of my own calendar snippet was indeed canceled. I really want to pick it up again, but I’ll have to start from scratch. The code is really messy, I’m not that good in php-programming (yet?) undecided The goal is to use only php to generate the needed html code and styling entirely by css.
                      • 204 Posts
                      @Furyde/Martin

It works like a charm, even fixed a different error I was experiencing.
                      Thanks for your valuable time.