We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Upon further testing, I’m pretty sure this error is caused by using characters such as " and ’ rather than HTML equivalents. Is there an easy way around this? My client is not an HTML expert, to say the least, and I would prefer she not have to type ’ every time she wants to include an apostrophe (for example).

Thanks,
    Michael
      • 788 Posts
      Note this is untested - open backend.php, add this to lines 189 and 198 (which are blank in the 0.3 version I looked at):
      $testo = $modx->db->escape($testo);
        xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
        • 1 Posts
        Hi,

The test works fine but when I send the newsletter, I get this message :
        "Sending newsletter to all subscribers....please wait.

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: newsletter not found in MySQL result index 33 in/var/www/idp/assets/modules/easynewsletter/backend.php on line 151

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in/var/www/idp/manager/includes/controls/class.smtp.php on line 105

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to :25 (Unknown error) in/var/www/idp/manager/includes/controls/class.smtp.php on line 105
        An error occurred
        Maybe your settings in the Configuration are wrong."

I found another post with that problem but no one answered.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Pierre
          • 11 Posts
          Hi,

I installed Easy Newsletter a few days ago and it has been running fine. Today I uploaded a CSV file to the system but unfortuntely got the email and first name fields muddled up and now have a lot of data in the subsribers table.

My question is...is there a way to delete everything from the table and start afresh, or could I create a new table. And if so, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
            • 11 Posts
            This is the error I am getting. I know I uploaded the csv file twice hence it maxing out but is there a way of deleting the data?

« MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
            « Execution of a query to the database failed - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes »
                  SQL: INSERT INTO `website`.`modx_event_log` (eventid,type,createdon,source,description,user) VALUES(1,3,1280419150,'Easy Newsletter - Module','Undefined variable: lang_subscriber_action

\r\n\r\n\r\n	\r\n	\r\n	\r\n\r\n\r\n
            \r\n

If i try to delete one at a time I get this error:

The web page at http://website/%22index.php?a=112&id=11&action=4&nid=3891\%22 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Would there be a way to create a new table and work from that?

Thanks
              • 11 Posts
              Hi,

I have managed to fix the problem that I encountered above.

Basically my list of suscribers uploaded a few too many times and I had a list of around 6,000 susbsribers causing the system to go down. Luckily as I had the fields in an incorrect order I was able to unsuscribe all users from the form on the website as they all had the same email address; being ’1’.

My list is currently at 1,500 as is running fine. I am not expecting many more subscribers so I am continuing to use Easy Newsletter.

Thanks to bunk58 for the snippet posted.

• 2,310 Posts
                smiley Nice to know you got it sorted out.
                  • 1 Posts
                  Hi,

there is the french translation in attachment ; cut dot txt from filename and upload it in the language folder smiley
                    • 180 Posts
                    Hi,

does this module work with 1.0.5 version ?
                      • 388 Posts
                      Hello.

i install Easy Newsletter and "it looks like is working well" the people may subscribe his names in the form page and the names appear in the module list!

BUT inside the top of the module there are 3 links

Subscribers | Newsletter | Configuration

when click it show an alert that says:

No record found for id #

i tried to change the ID for the one that appear in the NEW MODULE button, but the problem continues...

HEEEEEEEELLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! please grin grin grin

thank you!

Ps: to configure the Module, i made it from MyAdmin directly to the tables, may that create a problem? huh
                        --
                        ysanmiguel.com