We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    It seems that this contribution has a growing demand. I will continue to work on it.

The thing about using documents instead of the current way of creating newsletters is definetly something I will look into.

Just a bit busy at the moment developing some webshops and web applications for some clients rolleyes
      Life is a movie....action!
    • Don’t sweat it. We are all busy. Just thought I’d put in my $0.02 CAD. I am very happy with this, even at this stage. Easy Newsletter has a promising future for small lists. (Large lists can run into problems on many host servers trying to stop spam). For my client I know they have a finite number of subscribers to it won’t be an issue.

All the best,

Jay
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 57 Posts
        Hi
        I can get this to work fine, which is great as I couldn’t get KoopsmailngList to send the activation code email (even though the server doesn’t require authentication.
        But, I really want to add
        onfocus="if (this.value=='email') this.value='';"
        like this
        <input type="text" id="km_email" name="email"  value="email" onfocus="if (this.value=='email') this.value='';" class="text" />

into the form for accessibility, but when I do, I get a parse error.
        I’m going mad trying to get this to work...
        Any ideas?

Thanks

Anni
          • 21 Posts
          Hi !
          First of all sorry for my English, I’m Italian rolleyes

I find this newsletter module very easy to use and understand, so
          1) in attachment Italian translation file smiley
          2) In Italy may happen that name sender have an apostrophe, so, in order not to have mysql error, I added addsleshes() and strislashes() to sendername
          3) I notice that images were not correctly added to email just because inserted into db with relative path instead of website complete URL, so I simply added an ereg_replace() function before inserting newsletter into database and before updating an existing newsletter in this way
          $testo = ereg_replace('src="assets/images/','src="'.$site_url.'assets/images/',$_POST['tvmailMessage']);

pls note that it’s necessary to add
          include($modx->config['base_path'].'manager/includes/config.inc.php');
          at the beginning of the file backend.php to let it work.

I add in attachment also my backend.php file if someone want to check my modifications.

Sara
            • 12 Posts
            Hello.

I feel its time for an update.

Thanks to myeviltwin for german translation and to Sara75 for Italian translation + various fixes e.g. images in newsletters.

Current version is now Easy Newsletter 0.3

http://www.modxcms.com/Easy-Newsletter-0.3-1654.html
              • 87 Posts
              Hi - can’t get this to work. Keep getting

Warning: Unknown(../assets/modules/easynewsletter/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/b23glob/public_html/manager/processors/execute_module.processor.php(98) : eval()'d code on line 75

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening '../assets/modules/easynewsletter/languages/.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/b23glob/public_html/manager/includes/') in /home/b23glob/public_html/manager/processors/execute_module.processor.php(98) : eval()'d code on line 75

and

Warning: main(../assets/modules/easynewsletter/languages/.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/b23glob/public_html/assets/modules/easynewsletter/backend.php on line 27

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../assets/modules/easynewsletter/languages/.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/b23glob/public_html/manager/includes/') in /home/b23glob/public_html/assets/modules/easynewsletter/backend.php on line 27

when I try to manage the module.

Any clues anyone?
                • 12 Posts
                For some reason the configuration gets lost in the database sometimes e.g. when you update from an earlier version.

The solution requires you to edit the database with e.g. PHPMYADMIN or whatever other tool you can edit your database with.

Run the following SQL code and the default settings should be set:

UPDATE easynewsletter_config SET mailmethod = ’IsSMTP’, port = ’0’, smtp = ’’, auth = ’false’, authuser = ’’, authpassword = ’’, sendername = ’’, senderemail = ’’, lang_frontend = ’english’, lang_backend = ’english’ WHERE id = ’1’
                  • 87 Posts
                  Cheers Flux, that sorted it.

However, the subscribe form does not seem to be working .

You can see it not working here (not styled correctly yet!) :

http://www.globalhugs.com/newsletter

If you fill the form in and subscribe nothing appears in the subscribers list. If anyone has a go at subscribing please drop me a note here and I can check whether it is registering in the backend.

thanks

Lee
                    • 12 Posts
                    Hello.

Did you remember to do this as stated in the install.txt ?

IMPORTANT - YOU HAVE TO DO THIS:
                    The document where you put [[easy newsletter]] cannot be "Cacheable". Lets say you want to include the [[easy newsletter]] in a document that is called "News". When you are creating/editing that document click a tap called "Page settings" and de-select "Cacheable".
                      • 87 Posts
                      I know: RTFM! Just realised! Sorry....

BTW - great work - I’ve been waiting for something like this - thanks